Team Bus Gets Stuck. Again... | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Team Bus Gets Stuck. Again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The reason Warde was in the Virgin Island is because the both UConn basketball teams were there and so were ACC officials. Both Wake Forest teams participated as did the Virginia men. More deals get done on the golf course or over painkillers at Frenchman's Reef than at the conference table.

Reaction Score
Dan, If you don't realize that any nod to a fan forum by any university is a PR 101 move by an administration to "show the fans" their listening, you really are under educated about how the PR/Marketing process works.

If you think the administration gives a rats ass about what is said in here you are delusional. If you come to them with a big check (see burton, pick any major sponsor) and sit and have a conversation and you'll be listened to. You point out issues, you have no realistic solutions to your issues, it's the worst kind of fan or employee....here's all the things your doing wrong....the university or employer asks what are your solutions are and your realistic plans to get them done (realistic being the key word here - budget, politics, timelines, ancillary revenue streams, staff needs, etc.). Any moron can do what you are doing, again, I think you make all reasonable UCONN fans look like idiots simply by association with your misguided and ill-informed rantings. If you get info on recruiting great, that is hardly a PHD in the inner workings of how a major university deals with all stakeholders that are involved with their athlete teams. I actually have personal experience from the rights holder perspective so when I tell you that you're so far off based I don't expect you to listen, but I take comfort in knowing that I'm right based on actual experience.

This is the second time I've tried to have a rationale dialogue with someone that doesn't seem to have the mental wherewithal to do it. God it was so much better when you said you were leaving.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
If you think the administration gives a rats ass about what is said in here you are delusional. If you come to them with a big check (see burton, pick any major sponsor) and sit and have a conversation and you'll be listened to.
The University doesn't even care about the opinions of guys who've given $3 million.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The reason Warde was in the Virgin Island is because the both UConn basketball teams were there and so were ACC officials. Both Wake Forest teams participated as did the Virginia men. More deals get done on the golf course or over painkillers at Frenchman's Reef than at the conference table.
Do you have any information saying that any conversations took place Nan or is this just wishful thinking?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Dan, If you don't realize that any nod to a fan forum by any university is a PR 101 move by an administration to "show the fans" their listening, you really are under educated about how the PR/Marketing process works.

If you think the administration gives a rats ass about what is said in here you are delusional. If you come to them with a big check (see burton, pick any major sponsor) and sit and have a conversation and you'll be listened to. You point out issues, you have no realistic solutions to your issues, it's the worst kind of fan or employee....here's all the things your doing wrong....the university or employer asks what are your solutions are and your realistic plans to get them done (realistic being the key word here - budget, politics, timelines, ancillary revenue streams, staff needs, etc.). Any moron can do what you are doing, again, I think you make all reasonable UCONN fans look like idiots simply by association with your misguided and ill-informed rantings. If you get info on recruiting great, that is hardly a PHD in the inner workings of how a major university deals with all stakeholders that are involved with their athlete teams. I actually have personal experience from the rights holder perspective so when I tell you that you're so far off based I don't expect you to listen, but I take comfort in knowing that I'm right based on actual experience.

This is the second time I've tried to have a rationale dialogue with someone that doesn't seem to have the mental wherewithal to do it. God it was so much better when you said you were leaving.

ok, i'll play games. heres the truth. the acc is going to add 2 teams in october of this year and were going to be one of them. we know there timeline for 16 and who else is involved. we were the pick over lville not to long ago. we found out thru rutgers that we are actually not far off on the b10 list and rutgers and md are both now our best friends which might come as a surprise to u. psu, msu and michigan were all on our side already. we decided as a school that we would wait another year and see what we could do with the b10. were basically willing to stay until last second possible. the other side of this is the acc was ok with it becuase they had lville and cincy eyes anyway down the road and they then decided it would actually be a good move to block the b12 from ever having a possible gem to add. it made sense for both ends and both are not butthurt or angry but both respect each other and are very open and happy with the idea of being partners soon despite what u may read about the acc axe on uconn. the #'s being throw around for the nbe tv contract are what they are for a reason. but i'm not going to keep posting this and get shot down in every single thread on this baord by 2k people who think they all have bigger cocks then me becuase i dont give a crap about grammar and i will never give the full storys or info on things. we will take the acc invite in 9 months if the b10 doesn't pick us or take no action at all. cincy will be a acc team also. usf, temple and memphis will also be on deck and may join. swofford has plans based on who the b10 picks and who the sec picks from him. the b12 $ gap is not enough to pry any teams away. the reason the sec wont move any time soon is becuase they are trying to figure out tex/tt/ok/okst. we need to dream of that becuase the b10 would then counter and we would be a lock on that end. anyway, now after your done laughing at this, take it and copy it in a word document on your computer and call it "hfd is a mumu-open 10/13". post up when u see it over tgiving break randomly and let me know how much u stink.

i swear the ppl here are either all grads of uconn when it was a juco or u all have the thickest blue glasses and high horses i have ever seen.

wake forest is THE poster child for bcs teams who should be left out. u realize that right? talking and making friends with wake forest on acc issues is like talking to north dakota about the acc. the reason warde and susan went to the island was becuase they were trying to show themselves to the community of uconn. to the boosters to get on a nnew level and to the fans saying were engaged and we want to do good and so on.

being friends with wake forest is so far down the list that i can't come up with something thats just a few notches higher. it has 0 to do with us and the acc and whats going to happen.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I saw him yakking it up with a someone associated with the Wake Forest team during the UConn - Wake women's game, think it was the Wake AD. I know other ACC officials were there.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
wake forest is THE poster child for bcs teams who should be left out. u realize that right? talking and making friends with wake forest on acc issues is like talking to north dakota about the acc. the reason warde and susan went to the island was becuase they were trying to show themselves to the community of uconn. to the boosters to get on a nnew level and to the fans saying were engaged and we want to do good and so on.

being friends with wake forest is so far down the list that i can't come up with something thats just a few notches higher. it has 0 to do with us and the acc and whats going to happen.
Tell me who blocked UConn from the ACC. Was it Duke? North Carolina? No, it was BC, who makes Wake Forest look like Notre Dame.

Yes, WM and SH were shmoozing the boosters but they were also working the room, including Wake. You were the one throwing a hissy fit that they weren't doing enough and now your sneering at any attempts they make that you don't approve of.

It's useless discussing things with you. In 18 years on the Boneyard I've said this only one other time but... you are an idiot.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Tell me who blocked UConn from the ACC. Was it Duke? North Carolina? No, it was BC, who makes Wake Forest look like Notre Dame.

Yes, WM and SH were shmoozing the boosters but they were also working the room, including Wake. You were the one throwing a hissy fit that they weren't doing enough and now your sneering at any attempts they make that you don't approve of.

It's useless discussing things with you. In 18 years on the Boneyard I've said this only one other time but... you are an idiot.

bc never blocked uconn. there was no political ground to block. it was a last ditch effort by bc heads to keep uconn down pr wise. the guy knew his day was coming and he wanted to try to boost himself a bit last ditch effort. i have never heard of a private school in one state blocking a public school from another state and neitrher have u. why? becuase it makes less sense that my rants on here. the bc power trip tho the media will o down in cold war history one day soon. at the time it was simply another example of uconsn lacking pr dept vs big boy schools. meeting with wake forest to talkmanything is a waste of time. we should have been in stors worlingh the b10 instead of showing them how we liked playing golf with acc teams.

i thow hissy fits for many reasons here. trust me some 1 in storrs is reading them.

Reaction Score
BC has the veto Hammer over UConns entry to ACC
Considering what bcu has done in the ACC, and, considering DeFillipo is now gone, bcu holds little veto power now.

Reaction Score
Train to NYC?? Every time I've seen them there, they were getting off a bus. How the hell would they get to a train in Storrs?

So what about a forfeit /potential injuries / law suit for violating the NCAA travel rules concerning travel related to a major storm???

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Train to NYC?? Every time I've seen them there, they were getting off a bus. How the hell would they get to a train in Storrs?

So what about a forfeit /potential injuries / law suit for violating the NCAA travel rules concerning travel related to a major storm???

and its not just any bus but a uconn bus. ppl here are off rockers but because i dont spell check or give a crap they think im the lose nut. i mena think about it. a poster claimed that we take the train to nyc lol. so we took a bus to new haven, then took a train to gct, then got back on a bus to msg. it amazes me that i'm the one getting targeted every day for bringing up real issue and things and then we have the clows we do answer me with stuff like that. maybe warde got here and im being to hard becuase he found out 75% of this fanbase could get a job at mickey d's or something.. who knows.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm not a big fan of the Warde and Susan show but the idea that Louisville is in the ACC because they were at a basketball tournament?

Louisville is in the ACC because Florida State picked them. The ACC was in appeasement mode because they need Florida State to stay. Not everything in the world is as complicated as the Boneyard makes it out to be.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I'm not a big fan of the Warde and Susan show but the idea that Louisville is in the ACC because they were at a basketball tournament?

Louisville is in the ACC because Florida State picked them. The ACC was in appeasement mode because they need Florida State to stay. Not everything in the world is as complicated as the Boneyard makes it out to be.
I think this is a better explanation than anything else and borne out by the reporting that came out at the time of the decision. We know Duke and UNC were in our corner. We know FSU was lobbying for UL. I haven't seen anything that nailed down the entire vote count before UL was formally approved (and these things are always unanimous in the end) but if I recall the tweets from the couple days before the actual decision, UL was ahead as they were whipping votes (to use a term from Capitol hill). So FSU had less ground to make up and had the leverage of threatening to leave which could wind up resulting in the ACC blowing up completely.

Now, there was an assumption when MD left that UConn was the frontrunner. Jurich said we were penned in. Now, it's possible that was true and something changed in the weeks between MD leaving and UL getting in. But I suspect a lot of the juice for UConn being the frontrunner was coming from the media echo chamber, perhaps from sources at UNC/Duke, without sourcing from the other ACC schools. I suspect this is more about ACC politics, with FSU having more cards and winning out.

Reaction Score
Check out what UL spends on football. It's not hard to connect the dots.

BC has the right of first refusal on any team in its "region"; read UConn.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I know we agree Jungle but Jurich is hardly a source. Him talking about UConn being a done deal just makes him look like a hero.

Reaction Score
Check out what UL spends on football. It's not hard to connect the dots.

BC has the right of first refusal on any team in its "region"; read UConn.
Sounds like you wish UConn gets left out of everything. bcu is quickly proving to be not too much in anything except hockey. The ACC schools don't play hockey! But, UConn is joining bcu's hockey league causing a big" whoop" for UConn fans.

Reaction Score
Not at all. Truthfully, I hope UConn gives up the football dream and joins the C7. Outside of that, no ill will towards UConn jumping the BE ship. Everyone was heading for the lifeboats.

Reaction Score

Nan, there have been some other posters worthy of being called idiot. Huskydan obviously has too much time on his hands and you made the mistake of trying to bring logic and reason to the conversation. Don't waste your time, he doesn't get it.
I've also been around the Boneyard for a long time and he is currently the #3 idiot on my list trending strongly toward #2.

Reaction Score
Not at all. Truthfully, I hope UConn gives up the football dream and joins the C7. Outside of that, no ill will towards UConn jumping the BE ship. Everyone was heading for the lifeboats.
Well, under your circumstances, if you got your wish, only PC benefits. Football is UConn's ticket to some bigger time conference. IMHO, there will be either 5 16 member conferences totaling 80 teams. All football playing teams. Or 4 16 team conferences totaling 64 teams. If it is the latter, UConn could be in trouble. If it's the former, UConn is in great shape.
No way in hell does UConn give up football. Let's face it, the Rent is only 10 years old and cost CT taxpayers 100 Mil. The training facility, on campus, cost around 50 mil. Plus, it (training facility) is among the best in college football. For UConn to give up football after the state spent over 150 mil, a taxpayer revolt would occur.
Unfortunately the Big East, as we knew it, is over. Too many schools with diferent goals.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Nan, there have been some other posters worthy of being called idiot. Huskydan obviously has too much time on his hands and you made the mistake of trying to bring logic and reason to the conversation. Don't waste your time, he doesn't get it.
I've also been around the Boneyard for a long time and he is currently the #3 idiot on my list trending strongly toward #2.

if i dont make the top 2 by the time u finish reading this post, i will go aprsh*t 2night. u bball fans are just to funny. u have providence fans egging u on about joining the c7 and dropping the fball investment and everything else. clueless. more fishhooks in mouths than the industry.

Reaction Score
if i dont make the top 2 by the time u finish reading this post, i will go aprsh*t 2night. u bball fans are just to funny. u have providence fans egging u on about joining the c7 and dropping the fball investment and everything else. clueless. more fishhooks in mouths than the industry.
I have no problem with Providence fans because they are irrelevant to our future. The $200 MM investment tells me Uconn football is here to stay whether it is in the ACC, Big or NBE.
Actually you may already be #1 or #2. Can't say for sure but my guess you are one of those two with a new nic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom