Taurean Thompson schedules visit to Seton Hall | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Taurean Thompson schedules visit to Seton Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
If Brimah leaves, we are going to need all hands on deck, the only player we have that fits the 5 is Enoch and I don't believe he even play 10 mins a game this year although do like his toughness and body, think he will be pretty good, but to ask him to play 30+ mins a game would be tough.

Brimah leaves, we will probably see all different combos at the 4 and 5.

That's a fair point, would be difficult to pick up a center at this junction. I would be stunned if Brimah left, though.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Why all this talk about Brimah leaving? Does anyone really believe there's a chance he leaves early?

Reaction Score
That's a fair point, would be difficult to pick up a center at this junction. I would be stunned if Brimah left, though.
I agree I would be shocked if Brimah or Purvis left.

I was shocked DHAM left since he isn't going to be a first round pick and no guaranteed money, reminds me a lot of the Daniels decision to leave early, thought if Daniels stayed one more year thought he could be possibly a lottery pick at least a first round pick, I see the same for DHAM, but it is what it is now, I wish him the best.

Reaction Score
Anything is possible. Brimah may realize he has little chance to ever play in the NBA but can play professionally overseas and make decent $$ so what is 1 more year of college going to do for him.

I think he should stay but honestly if he doesn't come back 15-20 pounds heavier (muscle) and with better low post moves it would have been a wasted offseason.

Why all this talk about Brimah leaving? Does anyone really believe there's a chance he leaves early?

Reaction Score
Anything is possible. Brimah may realize he has little chance to ever play in the NBA but can play professionally overseas and make decent $$ so what is 1 more year of college going to do for him.

I think he should stay but honestly if he doesn't come back 15-20 pounds heavier (muscle) and with better low post moves it would have been a wasted offseason.
Very strong point JSM, very strong, very impressive point.

Reaction Score
out of all those names, thompson still sounds like the best option at the 4. right?

Does he? I'd think that both Facey and Enoch would easily be ahead of Thompson on the depth chart. And that doesn't even factor in Diarra. I was kind of surprised we were recruiting another big as it is as I'd expect there to be times this year when Larrier or Jackson will be playing the 4 as well.

Reaction Score
Jackson willplay the 4 from time to time but he is a 3. He is not a rebounder or a low post player. Maybe when we go small we can put him there and spread the court but he is not the rebounder DHam is. Yes we won with DD at the 4 but DD was a better athlete than Jackson. Jackson will play most of his minutesat the 3. Larrier the same. The 4 will be Durham, Diarra or Facey. Enoch or Brimah at Center.

Reaction Score
Jackson willplay the 4 from time to time but he is a 3. He is not a rebounder or a low post player. Maybe when we go small we can put him there and spread the court but he is not the rebounder DHam is. Yes we won with DD at the 4 but DD was a better athlete than Jackson. Jackson will play most of his minutesat the 3. Larrier the same. The 4 will be Durham, Diarra or Facey. Enoch or Brimah at Center.
I totally agree, hoping Durham is able to contribute this year, I see him
Being our best option of 100 percent healthy.

Reaction Score
I just don't see Brimah as a factor. Outside of Enoch and maybe Durham, nobody else on the team has the size to legitimately play the Center position. 6'9" skinny guys don't usually fare well at the 5.
I just don't see Brimah as a factor. Outside of Enoch and maybe Durham, nobody else on the team has the size to legitimately play the Center position. 6'9" skinny guys don't usually fare well at the 5.

I dunno, 6'9 and 220 isn't that skinny. Seems comparable to Oriakhi in terms of stature, no?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I dunno, 6'9 and 220 isn't that skinny. Seems comparable to Oriakhi in terms of stature, no?

I guess it all depends what he actually is; the listing I saw was 6'9, 200 lbs.

Reaction Score
Bingo, Jackson is a tall wing. And, Duram might be more of a 3/4 than a 5 - When healthy, his game, to me, looks like Donyell's, (taller version).

Reaction Score
I guess it all depends what he actually is; the listing I saw was 6'9, 200 lbs.
Gotcha, he made an effort to put on weight, and earlier reports on him were listed at 2. 100 kilos is much better!

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It's nicer that you might think. This picture is from Branch Brook Park in neighboring Newark.

1280px-Cherry_Blossom_in_Branch_Brook_Park%2C_NJ_-_2012.JPG

Classic Connecticut comment, derrr da New Jerseys is stinky.

South Orange and West Orange are pretty nice.

Reaction Score
I remember last year Sterling Gibbs was planning to take another visit right before he committed with us. Still pretty confident that if Ollie wants him he will get him. Who is the last person we got on campus for an official and missed on VJ King and Diamond Stone? Pretty good track record when KO gets them to Storrs.

Reaction Score
Classic Connecticut comment, derrr da New Jerseys is stinky.

South Orange and West Orange are pretty nice.
Oh grow some thicker skin.... it's a joke. That being said, using a park in Newark of all places to justify that Jersey isn't too bad is a little surprising. I can think of a number of places in Jersey I wouldn't mind going to.... Newark is not one of them.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Oh grow some thicker skin.... it's a joke. That being said, using a park in Newark of all places to justify that Jersey isn't too bad is a little surprising. I can think of a number of places in Jersey I wouldn't mind going to.... Newark is not one of them.

It's just funny to me when CT people get on a high horse about it, when the hell holes in CT are equal, if not worse than anything in NJ.

Reaction Score
It's just funny to me when CT people get on a high horse about it, when the hell holes in CT are equal, if not worse than anything in NJ.
At this point it has less to do with the reality and more to do with the persona that has been built around NJ. NJ jokes have taken on a life of their own and they're funny.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I lived in New Jersey for a year when I was a kid, in sixth grade. I've never loved New Jersey, but it does have some excellent beaches--I particularly like the Spring Lake area.

And the Northwest corner of New Jersey is really pretty. Lots of rolling hills and beautiful farmland. That must be the area that earned it the "Garden State" nickname.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Thompson would be a reach considering how late we got in on this. A commitment would be huge. If he goes elsewhere, it doesn't change anything. Vital is the more "vital" player in my opinion.

And a lot of CT is a hell hole don't kid yourself. We're literally riddled with heroin and violence in 75% of the state.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
At this point it has less to do with the reality and more to do with the persona that has been built around NJ. NJ jokes have taken on a life of their own and they're funny.

I mean, if "dat place smells LOL" appeals to your sense of humor over and over, knock yourself out.

Just having lived in both places, grew up in NJ to be fair, it's just always irked me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom