Taurasi fined in Turkish league finals | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Taurasi fined in Turkish league finals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am glad someone chose to address vtcwbuff's inquiry. One would have thought there would be more. It is obvious, though, that here in the Boneyard, Diana Taurasi's bad behavior is dismissed so out of hand; Few recriminations, few criticisms of her, her coaches, etc...
I thought it was just half a peace sign.

Reaction Score
Someone gave me the middle finger because I cut them off once. I slowed down and got behind them and followed them home. Needless to say they didn't appreciate that.

Moral of the story, you don't always have to keep it real.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is why I think it's better to just forget it. More than likely, the person who gave you the finger forgot all about you by the time he got home, and you were lucky that the whole thing didn't escalate into something more serious when you pulled up behind him at his house. I go through this with my husband a lot, and it scares the living day lights out of me.

Reaction Score
If you're starved for more censorious posts on Diana, I have a sure-fire suggestion where you could do your reading.

It'd certainly bring you quicker gratification than your occasional priggish lecturing of this board.

A question was asked and I chose to wait a while before responding. If my responses are construed as priggish lecturing, let me assure you that I am not trying to be irritatingly arrogant or smug, merely forthright and forthcoming with beliefs and opinions. I realize the reverence with which Diana Taurasi is held here among UConn fans. But, I also see the double standard applied to others as compared to her.

JS

Reaction Score
I also see the double standard applied to others as compared to her.
There are certainly posts in this thread, including most of the first dozen or so, that express disapproval of Diana's action. It just may not have been harsh enough or unanimous enough for your taste.

Others take it more lightly, others confess to an occasional ornithological dalliance themselves, and others want to engage in a serious discussion of athletes as role models. All well and good.

It's not so important to us whether people are partisan in their judgments. It's the nature of the beast. If there are specific hypocrites in the crowd who come on strong against a Parker's behavior and make light of the same behavior by a Taurasi, I haven't seen them identified, and frankly wouldn't care to see it.

More important to us than partisanship is our feeling that coming on with harsh personal criticism of any players is topic-peripheral and generally leads to no good for the board.

VTCW stuck in the double standard implication with which you agreed. Acknowledging his many strengths, he has long been a bit more of a devotee of posting and reading personal judgments on players than we are, as he knows.

Yes, on balance this is a partisan place. It's also a place marked by a diversity of viewpoints, yielding generally good natured, mature and intelligent perspectives.

I referred to an alternative place where, if you had read soon after the incident,and before a thread deletion, you'd have seen all kinds of harsh things said about Diana, including people proceeding to call her a drunk and a doper. That's partisan too, and it's an extreme example of why we have a rule against player-trashing.

I'm sorry if I jumped on you too hard. It was against that background.

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
Someone gave me the middle finger because I cut them off once. I slowed down and got behind them and followed them home. Needless to say they didn't appreciate that.

Moral of the story, you don't always have to keep it real.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JaYnYcE,

If someone that I had been involved with in a traffic incident, had then decided to follow me to my home, I would have taken that as a serious threat to my family and myself. I would have considered this an agressive and pre-violent act. I would have further assumed, as I always have, when confronted with imminent violence, that this person was highly trained and extremely dangerous and I would set my response accordingly. I would never have lead you to my home, but instead, led you to a place that put you at a disadvantage.

I would have called the police and if they did not arrive before I found myself stuck in an inferior position (like in my car and stuck in traffic,) I would have readied myself for combat... I have learned never to under-estimate anyone. So, don't follow people home and please don't ever get out of your car to confront someone. I would have taken you for a very serious threat to my well-being. The possible consequences are not worth it over something so small & ridiculous as the "Bird."

What you did was very dangerous for you. You never know who you are confronting and how well prepared to take you apart they may be... Not everybody will stop at a few punches... What you did was definitely a threat and threatening people is a very dangerous business... Do that to a operator after a particularly ugly deployment and you'll be wishing you hadn't.... You'll notice, if you look, that Seals, Delta and the other operators are cool as cucumbers in situations like the one you described. Although they would be equipped to handle these situations, it is extremely unlikely that they would ever take the course of action that you took. but they would defend themselves and their families from someone like you.

So, please consider letting these things go and instead allow yourself to be as relaxed as you can and even laid back if this sort thing happens to you again.

YOPB

Reaction Score
A question was asked and I chose to wait a while before responding. If my responses are construed as priggish lecturing, let me assure you that I am not trying to be irritatingly arrogant or smug, merely forthright and forthcoming with beliefs and opinions. I realize the reverence with which Diana Taurasi is held here among UConn fans. But, I also see the double standard applied to others as compared to her.

I would have thought it was funny if Parker had done it. And then perhaps been a little concerned with her safety.

Diana's a fireball. She's always been a fireball. That's why I love her. And I wouldn't change a thing about her. Even if she makes poor decisions occasionally.

Reaction Score
JaYnYcE,

If someone that I had been involved with in a traffic incident, had then decided to follow me to my home, I would have taken that as a serious threat to my family and myself. I would have considered this an agressive and pre-violent act. I would have further assumed, as I always have, when confronted with imminent violence, that this person was highly trained and extremely dangerous and I would set my response accordingly. I would never have lead you to my home, but instead, led you to a place that put you at a disadvantage.

I would have called the police and if they did not arrive before I found myself stuck in an inferior position (like in my car and stuck in traffic,) I would have readied myself for combat... I have learned never to under-estimate anyone. So, don't follow people home and please don't ever get out of your car to confront someone. I would have taken you for a very serious threat to my well-being. The possible consequences are not worth it over something so small & ridiculous as the "Bird."

What you did was very dangerous for you. You never know who you are confronting and how well prepared to take you apart they may be... Not everybody will stop at a few punches... What you did was definitely a threat and threatening people is a very dangerous business... Do that to a operator after a particularly ugly deployment and you'll be wishing you hadn't.... You'll notice, if you look, that Seals, Delta and the other operators are cool as cucumbers in situations like the one you described. Although they would be equipped to handle these situations, it is extremely unlikely that they would ever take the course of action that you took. but they would defend themselves and their families from someone like you.

So, please consider letting these things go and instead allow yourself to be as relaxed as you can and even laid back if this sort thing happens to you again.

YOPB
Great post YOPB. It is precisely for those reasons that I made the post above - except you said it much better. Road rage is one of those things that I do not take lightly - perhaps because I'm married to a hot-head who allows such things to get to him. Unfortunately, even the sanest most reasonable person can snap at any given moment - and then, when it's too late, come the regrets. It's just not worth it.

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
...others confess to an occasional ornithological dalliance themselves,... ...
Gonna stash this one for future use....

- That was a long time ago… Why am I being dragged into this?!?!
-I already stated the Deposition, I was just petting that chicken – we never dated, or anything else!

Reaction Score
- That was a long time ago… Why am I being dragged into this?!?!
-I already stated the Deposition, I was just petting that chicken – we never dated, or anything else!
A woman passionate about everything she does was wrongly accused and some think purposely, reacts. So what,could have
ended a great career and left her legacy as a cheater, plus cost her nearly a million dollars to defend herself. Is she bitter, you bet.

JS

Reaction Score
I was just petting that chicken – we never dated, or anything else!

Unfortunately for you, Arty, the paparazzi are everywhere . . .
timmy.jpg

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
Unfortunately for you, Arty, the paparazzi are everywhere . . .

I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS .I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS .I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS .I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS .I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS .I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS .I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS .I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS .I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS .I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS .I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS .I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS .I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS .I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS .I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS .I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS .

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
What if it were Parker behaving like this?

Well, I would be saying that she shouldn't be a role model for kids. Look to your parents, teachers, older siblings, aunts, uncles.

If you are talking about how that would be handled on this board? I'm sure there would be more criticism. Parker is not a fan favorite here like Taurasi is.

But she wouldn't be treated as poorly as in that disgusting thread that was on The Summitt. Not even close.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS .I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS .I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS .I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS .I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS .I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS .I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS .I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS .I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS .I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS .I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS .I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS .I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS .I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS .I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS .I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS . I will not mess with JS .

Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery. The birds, dude. The birds.....

Reaction Score
A woman passionate about everything she does was wrongly accused and some think purposely, reacts. So what,could have
ended a great career and left her legacy as a cheater, plus cost her nearly a million dollars to defend herself. Is she bitter, you bet.

she's been that way for years....nice try

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery. The birds, dude. The birds.....

- Just when I thought it was over… So, we’ve gone into the bonus fowl-shot phase, Rady???
-Doesn’t the Boneyard have mercy rule?

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
- Just when I thought it was over… So, we’ve gone into the bonus fowl-shot phase, Rady???
-Doesn’t the Boneyard have mercy rule?

Yes, the Boneyard does have a Mercy Rule, but you would have to survive the crucible of a Boneyard trial to apply the rule. NOT a good idea....

It may be best to avoid confronting JS with your keyboard lyrics. This might just be a good lesson for all of us... None of us should ever forget that the man is a highly trained word ninja.

Your Ol' Pal Boo

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I am glad someone chose to address vtcwbuff's inquiry. One would have thought there would be more. It is obvious, though, that here in the Boneyard, Diana Taurasi's bad behavior is dismissed so out of hand; Few recriminations, few criticisms of her, her coaches, etc...
Why must UConn fans be objective and look at DT's actions through any filter other than that of a Husky fan? Answer: They don't. I'm not sure that everyone gets that.

If folks here prefer to see Diana in a more positive light than say, Candace Parker or Brittany Griner or whoever, then that's a perfectly fine way to perceive her. In fact, I think it's part of being a UConn fan. Nothing wrong with that. If others want to be more objective, that's perfectly fine, too. What isn't fine is one side trying to make the other feel small. It's not the high road; it's belittling.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
JaYnYcE,

YOPB

Very well said, and my family/friends tell me the same thing. I can be a hot head at times and thankfully it didn't escalate into anything serious. I should also mention that the guy had a Rutgers Marching Band Sticker across his back windshield. The fact that I got flipped off by a band guy from Rutgers is what drove me over the edge if anything.

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
Yes, the Boneyard does have a Mercy Rule, but you would have to survive the crucible of a Boneyard trial to apply...
Your Ol' Pal Boo
Roger that, Boo!
-I'm not looking for another Crucible! Thanks!
Semper Fi,
Arty

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
Very well said, and my family/friends tell me the same thing. I can be a hot head at times and thankfully it didn't escalate into anything serious.

Thanks for giving this ol' fahts words an honest listening... The world is a dangerous enough place already; I hate to see people put themselves into behaviors that jeopardize their well-being.

Thank Again.

Your Ol' Pal Boo

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I would say you deserved it.

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
I believe we are in the double bonus.

-Have heeded RadyLady’s advice - no more deliberate fowls for me, Ice.
-I just hope JS doesn’t refer all this to a Purdue board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom