Taurasi fined in Turkish league finals | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Taurasi fined in Turkish league finals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think it was just a misunderstanding- DT was just "pointing out" that her team was ahead two games to one.

Reaction Score
I'll put it this way:
While I support the second amendment, I would NEVER allow MYSELF to carry a firearm.
A man has to know his limitations - might keep him out of trouble.

Me? Never. ;)

justML said:
I'm sure once she calmed down Di regretted losing her cool. Emotions in a volatile moment often trump the level-headed decisions we make when we have time to think reasonably.

Confession time ---- Am I the only poster here who has used the old middle finger to, ahem, express their thoughts to the idiot who cuts them off at the stop sign or runs the red light? Sure, I feel immature for lowering myself to that level; but in the moment it sure felt good!​

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
its up to the parents to help their child understand what a real "role" model is... and if they allow their child to think an athlete is "their role model", shame on them.

basketball skills like DT, CP3, Maya etc. surrrrrrrrrrrrre but everyday behavior, character, standards should be based on someone close to home. (mom, dad, uncle, aunt, teacher... lady at the local store, rec center worker etc) people you see & talk to every day!

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
As I see it...not every aspect of any role model is potentially or functionally useful…DT possesses many attributes that would be more than appropriate for modeling…competitive nature, general feistiness, passion for vocation and avocation. Young people(especially teens) “try on” the psychological clothing of different adult roles and behavior, but the opportunity for long behavioral development resides mainly in the actions of parents and caregivers, not changing favorites, rock stars, and point guards.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Taurasi comes alive in game 3 with 34 pts.

"Regrettably this game also had an incident with Galatasaray fans attacking or trying to attack Fenerbahce player Elina Babkina, her friend and Fenerbahce executive Ali Koc who were in the stands watching the game."

This rivalry is out of control......

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Wow - let me say and for the record that there are times when I want to set the birdie free and let it fly. Sometimes it stays in the cage....other time, it's "COVER YOUR HEADS!!!"

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Wow - let me say and for the record that there are times when I want to set the birdie free and let it fly. Sometimes it stays in the cage....other time, it's "COVER YOUR HEADS!!!"

RL...Thanks for the morning laugh!!!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
its up to the parents to help their child understand what a real "role" model is... and if they allow their child to think an athlete is "their role model", shame on them.

basketball skills like DT, CP3, Maya etc. surrrrrrrrrrrrre but everyday behavior, character, standards should be based on someone close to home. (mom, dad, uncle, aunt, teacher... lady at the local store, rec center worker etc) people you see & talk to every day!

I agre,e DC, with everything you've written about parents and their responsibility for helping their kids find the right values and role models in life. You, also, make my point wonderfully by those you name, everyone is a model.

It would be vastly better for the whole of society if everyone took seriously the responsibility of being a good example for a kid and that means understanding that one is already a role model, for better or worse, like it or not.

Reaction Score
I think this is kind of funny.

The finger doesn't hurt anyone. In fact, it kind of surprises me that the Turkish league knew what that sign meant. (It's not the same in every culture..)

The DUI bothered me. This..this is funny. My concern is more the treatment of Dee by those fans, rather than Dee's response.

Reaction Score
mike jordan has his moments little kids are still going to look up to him.. i dont see what the problem is here

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
mike jordan has his moments little kids are still going to look up to him.. i dont see what the problem is here
did Mike groom your character, did he assist in making you the person you are today?

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score

Kids know his $100 shoes, not his game, his on court or off court behavior, or his poor management skills. :)

Reaction Score
I laughed. But I find anything Dee does is hilarious, and nothing will top that act she pulled in Russia where she took her medal off and threw it to the ground. She keeps it 100 for sure!
I was told that Duke didn't recruit her because she was playing at a tournament, got mad at something, and threw her water bottle. The Duke coaches didn't like it one bit. Not that she cared, because she said she had no interest in playing for a woman...

Reaction Score
Years ago, I answered letters addressed to Santa, North Pole and happened to get one from a 12 year-old named Diana T. Her request to Santa: More middle fingers.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I laughed. But I find anything Dee does is hilarious, and nothing will top that act she pulled in Russia where she took her medal off and threw it to the ground. She keeps it 100 for sure!
I was told that Duke didn't recruit her because she was playing at a tournament, got mad at something, and threw her water bottle. The Duke coaches didn't like it one bit. Not that she cared, because she said she had no interest in playing for a woman...

interesting

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
I be honest with you...after seeing the photo of DT going through the tunnel flashing the double bird my first thought for her was for her safety. This is a Muslim culture who does not tolerate independent women. They do not like public displays of obscenity and they define obscenity much more liberally than we do. Being in a foreign country doesn't always afford one the opportunity to control their circumstances. Not to mention that I already don't trust Turkey because of the treatment she received when they clearly tried to implicate her in a doping scandal which I can only guess as to what their motivation was. I believe they were trying to take the USA's top player off the table by framing her and getting the IOC to do their dirty work for them. I truly hope that DT can stay safe and return to the USA soon.

Reaction Score

I do not believe Ms Taurasi actually said she had no interest in playing for a woman; Especially in light of the fact that she was very, very seriously leaning toward UCLA until Coach Auriemma gave her the "you will do great things at UCLA, but no one will see you" line. Taurasi's mother was also pushing for her daughter to remain closer to home. There was an interview during which Ms Taurasi stated that given her temperament and tendencies, she was better off playing for a man, but she never said she had no interest playing for a woman.

Reaction Score
I be honest with you...after seeing the photo of DT going through the tunnel flashing the double bird my first thought for her was for her safety. This is a Muslim culture who does not tolerate independent women. They do not like public displays of obscenity and they define obscenity much more liberally than we do. Being in a foreign country doesn't always afford one the opportunity to control their circumstances. Not to mention that I already don't trust Turkey because of the treatment she received when they clearly tried to implicate her in a doping scandal which I can only guess as to what their motivation was. I believe they were trying to take the USA's top player off the table by framing her and getting the IOC to do their dirty work for them. I truly hope that DT can stay safe and return to the USA soon.
I agree wholehartedly.DT is DT.The best!Watched her on TV and in person at Tenn. ,Conn.& many NCAA games.She is like anyone else ,at A certain point you just let go.The good onesYell and Gesture the bad ones throw&shoot .

Reaction Score
What if it were Parker behaving like this?
I can't speak for others, but I wouldn't like it either. I just happen to think that it adds nothing and accomplishes even less - except, perhaps, p*off the other person and jeopardizing one's safety.
Sometimes it's better to just let it go - but I do understand the urge to retaliate.
I'm sure that each and everyone one of us is guilty of acting foolishly at least once, which is why I try not to be judgmental, but Dee needs to watch it; she's in a different country, with very different customs and should be careful.

Reaction Score
I am glad someone chose to address vtcwbuff's inquiry. One would have thought there would be more. It is obvious, though, that here in the Boneyard, Diana Taurasi's bad behavior is dismissed so out of hand; Few recriminations, few criticisms of her, her coaches, etc...

JS

Reaction Score
It is obvious, though, that here in the Boneyard, Diana Taurasi's bad behavior is dismissed so out of hand; Few recriminations, few criticisms of her, her coaches, etc...
If you're starved for more censorious posts on Diana, I have a sure-fire suggestion where you could do your reading.

It'd certainly bring you quicker gratification than your occasional priggish lecturing of this board.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I'm sure once she calmed down Di regretted losing her cool. Emotions in a volatile moment often trump the level-headed decisions we make when we have time to think reasonably.

Confession time ---- Am I the only poster here who has used the old middle finger to, ahem, express their thoughts to the idiot who cuts them off at the stop sign or runs the red light? Sure, I feel immature for lowering myself to that level; but in the moment it sure felt good!

Someone gave me the middle finger because I cut them off once. I slowed down and got behind them and followed them home. Needless to say they didn't appreciate that.

Moral of the story, you don't always have to keep it real.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedRabbit84