Taurasi fined in Turkish league finals | The Boneyard

Taurasi fined in Turkish league finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Oy Dee. Get a grip.

I watched today's (evening in Turkey) game as Dee scored 34 in Galatasaray's win. Between the officiating and the fans (there was at least one fight), the atmospherics in the arena were interesting to say the least. Fehnerbahce is now up 2-1 in best of 5.

Tina, Big Syl, DT and Epiph play for Galatasaray, while Cappie and Angel play for Fehnerbahce.

U

UCONNfan1

I agree with the above poster. Diana is a terrific player but she's a poor role model. I guess it's too much to ask her to separate her intensity from her emotional outbursts.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I am not defending Di's actions but I did read after the first game that the Fenerbahnce fans (her old team that threw her under the bus in the drug episode) had been brutal in their treatment of her. I will be surprised if she goes back to Turkey next year.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I am not defending Di's actions but I did read after the first game that the Fenerbahnce fans (her old team that threw her under the bus in the drug episode) had been brutal in their treatment of her. I will be surprised if she goes back to Turkey next year.

Last week Jim Fuller quoted another blog saying that Maya would take Diana's spot on Galatasaray next year. I don't recall any mention of where Diana will play next year.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I agree with the above poster. Diana is a terrific player but she's a poor role model. I guess it's too much to ask her to separate her intensity from her emotional outbursts.

I don't think any kids should be looking at sports athletes as role models. Look to your parents, teachers, older siblings.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I don't think any kids should be looking at sports athletes as role models. Look to your parents, teachers, older siblings.

I agree, but unfortunately that's not reality and for most kids it never will be.

Reaction Score
Seems unfortunate and uncalled for. At this point in her career, she should be somewhat able to control her emotions. I respect her passion and fire for the game, but giving the finger? Really?

U

UCONNfan1

roll models, idols, perhaps there's a difference but when someone asks a young girl "who's your favorite hoops player", or "who do you model your game after" or "who would you most like to go 1 on 1 with"? and their answer is "Maya Moore" or whoever, i'di say that person is a roll model. or call them an idol if you want. someoneo who's game they want to emulate, whatever.

who do you want to be when you grow u p? you get my point. i just wish Diana would dial it back.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
roll models, idols, perhaps there's a difference but when someone asks a young girl "who's your favorite hoops player", or "who do you model your game after" or "who would you most like to go 1 on 1 with"? and their answer is "Maya Moore" or whoever, i'di say that person is a roll model. or call them an idol if you want. someoneo who's game they want to emulate, whatever.

who do you want to be when you grow u p? you get my point. i just wish Diana would dial it back.

Well, they don't say, "I want to play like Diana" and then curse the ref. At least I hope they don't.

Diana's temperment is part of what makes her the best basketball player in the world.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Well, they don't say, "I want to play like Diana" and then curse the ref. At least I hope they don't.

Diana's temperment is part of what makes her the best basketball player in the world.

As Geno often said, her greatest strength is her greatest weakness. She's flawed like the rest of us, only her flaws are on display in front of thousands. I often have to remind myself to get a grip from time to time.

Reaction Score
As Geno often said, her greatest strength is her greatest weakness. She's flawed like the rest of us, only her flaws are on display in front of thousands. I often have to remind myself to get a grip from time to time.

I'm sure once she calmed down Di regretted losing her cool. Emotions in a volatile moment often trump the level-headed decisions we make when we have time to think reasonably.

Confession time ---- Am I the only poster here who has used the old middle finger to, ahem, express their thoughts to the idiot who cuts them off at the stop sign or runs the red light? Sure, I feel immature for lowering myself to that level; but in the moment it sure felt good!

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I'm sure once she calmed down Di regretted losing her cool. Emotions in a volatile moment often trump the level-headed decisions we make when we have time to think reasonably.

Confession time ---- Am I the only poster here who has used the old middle finger to, ahem, express their thoughts to the idiot who cuts them off at the stop sign or runs the red light? Sure, I feel immature for lowering myself to that level; but in the moment it sure felt good!

Me? Never. ;)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Every adult should consider themselves responsible to be a role model.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Every adult should consider themselves responsible to be a role model.

To whom? Everyone? I don't want my kids looking at strangers for someone to emulate. Especially sports figures. If that was the case, my daughter would spit, or grab her crotch after watching a baseball game.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
To whom? Everyone? I don't want my kids looking at strangers for someone to emulate. Especially sports figures. If that was the case, my daughter would spit, or grab her crotch after watching a baseball game.
You are talking from the kid's view. I am talking of the accountability every adult should feel to set a positive example with their behavior. It is irrelevant if one knows that any kid is watching. One should act as if every kid is watching.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
You are talking from the kid's view. I am talking of the accountability every adult should feel to set a positive example with their behavior. It is irrelevant if one knows that any kid is watching. One should act as if every kid is watching.

That is not reality as is expecting kids not to look at sports figures, no matter their behavior, as role models.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
roll model
RollModels304.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics