Tarin Smith (Grad Transfer) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tarin Smith (Grad Transfer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Source?? This is from me being realistic. Why do you believe a player ranked at his caliber is coming to UConn over Kentucky, UNC ?

Reaction Score
Lol how are you so wrong about so many things?
Donyell Marshall, Rip Hamilton, Khalid el-Amin, Charlie Villanueva, Rudy Gay, Andrew Bynum (sigh), Kemba Walker, and I'm probably missing some other top 15-20 players. That guys gotta be trolling, right?

Reaction Score
Just like I have the right to be confident in the fact that we aren’t landing one of the best players this program has ever landed after a 14-18 season.
Lol how are you so wrong about so many things?
This kid is ranked 10th overall. Drummond was 2. Rudy and Charlie were both top 10. This would be one of very few players ranked In top 10 and you think he’s coming after 2 losing seasons.

Reaction Score
Donyell Marshall, Rip Hamilton, Khalid el-Amin, Charlie Villanueva, Rudy Gay, Andrew Bynum (sigh), Kemba Walker, and I'm probably missing some other top 15-20 players. That guys gotta be trolling, right?
Thanks for helping me prove my point. This kid is 10th overall. Not 20th.

Reaction Score
WQNkHbQ.png

Pretty whelming.
Great free throw percentage for a guard. Just what we need in end game situations with a small lead...............

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Source?? This is from me being realistic. Why do you believe a player ranked at his caliber is coming to UConn over Kentucky, UNC ?

Because in the modern era, we win more championships than they do. He's a NY kid. We've landed our share. Not saying he will come, just saying that I believe the interest is genuine. He's not saying..."UConn? Are you kidding?" as you seem to suggest.

Reaction Score
Because in the modern era, we win more championships than they do. He's a NY kid. We've landed our share. Not saying he will come, just saying that I believe the interest is genuine. He's not saying..."UConn? Are you kidding?" as you seem to suggest.
I don't think he's saying that, I just thinks he takes it as any other offer. Hopefully I'm wrong. interest is one thing people including him in next years plans is funny.

Reaction Score

Some dude named Caron as well. BGordon was 25 that year i believe so i guess doesn't fit the narrative

Reaction Score
I say stuff that I think will happen.. I knew freeman was being rehired I didn’t think they would have 2 guys doing almost the same job.

Reaction Score
PG: Jalen Adams, Brendan Adams, Alterique Gilbert
SG: Tarin Smith, Christian Vital
SF: Tyler Polley, Sidney Wilson
PF: Kwintin Williams, Mamadou Diarra, Isaiah Whaley
C: Eric Cobb, Josh Carlton

I like that squad to win 20+ games.

Reaction Score

Give me Brendan Adams or give me death!

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Add Jalen to the 2 line as well. In all likelihood the more time he spends there the better we are doing.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Criticism of Vital aside, if Tarin Smith wasn’t able to crack the starting lineup at Duquesne last year, I’d feel uncomfortable slotting him in here. Let him be what AA was supposed to be.

Reaction Score

Hoping the first guy listed at each spot wouldn't be your desired starting line up.

Reaction Score
Criticism of Vital aside, if Tarin Smith wasn’t able to crack the starting lineup at Duquesne last year, I’d feel uncomfortable slotting him in here. Let him be what AA was supposed to be.

In no way was I implying the first guys listed at their positions would be starters. Smith would be the 4th guard at best.

Reaction Score
Thanks for helping me prove my point. This kid is 10th overall. Not 20th.
Rivals had Kemba Walker at 14 and has Lecque at 13. According to you we never signed Kemba Walker and he never played here since we've never recruited anyone ranked that high before. This is ignoring the fact that Drummond was #2 and that some other guys were ranked around 10 which has already been pointed out to you

Reaction Score
Rivals had Kemba Walker at 14 and has Lecque at 13. According to you we never signed Kemba Walker and he never played here since we've never recruited anyone ranked that high before. This is ignoring the fact that Drummond was #2 and that some other guys were ranked around 10 which has already been pointed out to you
Your the one that’s including leque in next seasons plans. Be realistic, tell me why a 5 star would forgo his senior season to come to a team coming off 2 losing seasons, new coaching staff not a talented roster over a team like UNC? His home school. Hurley is going to have to show the world he can win and they will come. To think any 5 star is coming in 2018..please

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

If he starts here or if he plays as many minutes here as Anderson did, we’re not going to be very good. He’s a very, very similar player to Anderson.

And now, my tepid defense of Antoine Anderson.

The problem wasn’t really that he was not what we thought, it’s that the role he played was not the one he was suited for. (It was a little like Tony Robertson’s early career....he came in as a scoring guard and his career was diminished because we had to use him at point due to the fact that Marcus Cox was terrible.)

As a third ball-handler subbing in for Adams and Gilbert, I think Antoien would have been much more effective...but we had to play him 31 minutes a night and that exposed him pretty badly. (It exposed Vital, too.)

But, to his credit, I think he did help us avoid absolute disaster - I cannot imagine what last season would have looked like if we just had Adams and Vital handling the ball. Adams would have dissolved into a mist from the workload and Vital would have post-traumatic stress from the turnover rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom