Tarin Smith (Grad Transfer) | The Boneyard

Tarin Smith (Grad Transfer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just speculation here, but there are some connections to current staff:

Won Sixth Man in the league Dan Hurley coached in (12.4 points and 3.2 assists).
Played for Bob Hurley at St. Anthony's.
Went to Kenya Hunter's alma mater (Duquesne) after a year of playing at Hunter's former employer Nebraska (h/t @Drew)

Think this could be one to watch.

Last edited:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
With the makeup of this team I'm hoping we could get a player who shoots the three better than .296.

Reaction Score
Smith is not a shooter, but a guy who gets to the hole. It doesn't surprise me that he's moving on. The two best players on Duquesne are guards, and they had two transfers sitting out, from Memphis, and Missouri, who are said to be big time players that were dominating this year's team in practice. Makes sense to look for a team with a less crowded backcourt, and one with a higher ceiling than next year's Duquesne team, which is probably the NIT at best.

Reaction Score
If Adams is staying we already have a high quality guard that can get to the hole. In the limited time I’ve seen AA, he seems to have same or similar game. We need shooters, especially in a grad transfer.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I may be out on an island here, but all of these potential grad transfers have me yawning. I admittedly haven't researched them that much, but from what I've read none are a significant improvement over what we already have. I understand we want to fill out the roster and these only occupy a year of scholarship. I'd prefer that, if we take a GT or two, they end up filling the court for practices/injury insurance, so the current players have a chance to develop. Unlike the way Onourah was used this past year.

Reaction Score
If Adams is staying we already have a high quality guard that can get to the hole. In the limited time I’ve seen AA, he seems to have same or similar game. We need shooters, especially in a grad transfer.

Would like to have a knockdown shooter, but i would be satisfied with getting a AA type player that has impact as a player off the bench for a year. The goal for AA was not to be a 30 minute player when he signed on, he was a fourth guard. We need backcourt depth. There were times when CV and JA needed to be sat some, buut really wasn't possible due to lack of depth.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
With the makeup of this team I'm hoping we could get a player who shoots the three better than .296.

If we get a shooter, it should be a true freshman. What I think we want in a grad transfer is Gilbert insurance. Ball handling, passing ability, makes FTs. Shooting would be gravy.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If we get a shooter, it should be a true freshman. What I think we want in a grad transfer is Gilbert insurance. Ball handling, passing ability, makes FTs. Shooting would be gravy.
Let's hope we get Lecque. He's a shooter and quick. He would spread the floor and would open things up for Jalen.

We don't know if Jalen is coming back. And even if he does if Alterique can't play we've experienced what happens if you have Jalen, Christian and Anderson. Sid is more a slasher than an outside threat. Terry had decent 3pt shooting percentages. His problem was he was either on or off and that made games when he was off very difficult for Jalen.

In his college career Smith hovered around .300 with 3pt shooting. Other facets of his game make him worth consideration. But only if we get a 3 pt shooter.

The ideal would be to a player like Lecque along with a player like Akinjo. If that happens and Jalen returns we are one decent big away from returning to the national conversation.

Reaction Score
No idea if you guys are trolling me lately or if you all (desperately) need to update your computer software.

Says that UConn is among the schools that have contacted Tarin Smith. And Tarin played for Bob Hurley St. Anthony High School.

Reaction Score
giphy.gif

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, again the focus is 2019/2020. We are going to have far from a perfect team next season but we do need some one year guys to fill holes and perhaps a reclass - if the dominoes fall into place.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, again the focus is 2019/2020. We are going to have far from a perfect team next season but we do need some one year guys to fill holes and perhaps a reclass - if the dominoes fall into place.
This is the 2nd time in a week I've seen this particular mixed metaphor on the BY. Bad juju, and not good for MOJO. Don't be casual with your idioms, people.
Review:
Dominoes fall: This means that a series of events is set into motion, one triggering the next, in unstoppable fashion. Typically is associated with something negative. Example - As soon as the stripper began to sing like a canary, the dominoes began to fall, and Pitino was doomed.

Pieces fall into place: This means that various individual events occur that, in the aggregate, result in an overarching effect. Typically is associated with something positive. Example - Immediately after the hiring of Dan Hurley a top notch staff was assembled, several high profile athletes committed, and other non-obvious pieces fell into place to assure the resurgence of Husky Nation.

C

Chief00

Review:
Dominoes fall: This means that a series of events is set into motion, one triggering the next, in unstoppable fashion. Typically is associated with something negative.
UConn MBB has never been associated with “typically”. In this case it’s a positive if the dominoes fall (series of events and decisions needed to make it happen).

Reaction Score
With Smith and Adams visiting I think that has to mean we're not super confident about Lecque

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom