Tamika Catchings and Geno Auriemma ... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tamika Catchings and Geno Auriemma ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Can't people move along already?

LV fans, do not come to the Boneyard and be snotty to us. We UConn fans were as shocked as you that Parker was left off the team. It's only your persistence in blaming Geno and the UConn players on a UConn board that has made us defensive. Take the crying to a Tennessee board.

Reaction Score
It could also be that Catchings was never on the roster for the minutes she was going to play, but instead for her qualities as a teammate, her work ethic in practice, her ability to mentor the younger players, all the qualities that USA basketball wants to have passed along to the next generation of greatness. A lot of what goes into making a great program takes place where we fans don't see it, and I am certain that Tamika Catchings excels at all the little things that make the difference between a bunch of really good players and one really great team.
Watching the ceremony, and Tamika between EDD, and Stewie, and the tears in her eyes. The hugs from EDD, and Stewie, showing how much they loved being on the team with Tamica. People who complain about that, need to examine themselves, and find something else to do with their lives. Tamica Catchings a great player, person, Olympian, may we all try to be like her. Thank you Tamika for showing us all the true meaning of the Olympics.

Reaction Score
tumblr_mckgh8B8if1rfw30ho1_400.gif

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
It's right if you want a player that knows they should be on the court, but will sit there and go along with the program of making sure UConn players get all the shine. I would imagine Candace knows she's too good to be playing back up to any of them. She should be on the team and she should be starting.

If only Parker had been on the team we would have dominated and won a gold medal ..........................

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If only Parker had been on the team we would have dominated and won a gold medal ......
Just like they did in 2008! or was it 2012?

Reaction Score
It could have been Moe, Larry, and Curly vying for that final spot with Candace. Bottom line is if Geno wanted her on the team, she'd be there.
\
I've been prone to speak from inside Geno's brain--because I've read and heard him say millions of words some brilliant, some stupid--one thing about the guy is he speaks from the hip--and you know whats on his mind--PC is rarely coming from his mouth.
If he was adamant that Candace Parker would not be on his team --he could have walked away or beaten down the committee to his views--with the vast and speedy communications you would have read headlines---GENO DOES NOT WANT PARKER--that never happened. Why did she not make the team??
While I did not like her beating Uconn in Hartford--I respect talent. I know nothing of her personality except what she displays on the floor. She treated a demented Pat well and that speaks positive for her.
'UC Miami said it well---and I paraphrase---NUFF SED

Reaction Score
If only Parker had been on the team we would have dominated and won a gold medal ......

Did Parker try out for the MENS team??
Visually impaired me ---I thought Uconn Women plus some kids from the WNBA won the GOLD and dominated..

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
Did Parker try out for the MENS team??
Visually impaired me ---I thought Uconn Women plus some kids from the WNBA won the GOLD and dominated..

That was sarcasm - I thought it was rather obvious - guess not

Reaction Score
When Holly becomes the best ever coach :rolleyes:, and is thus selected to head the Olympic team, she can then veto all UConn players by telling the committee how to vote.

As Lou Holtz once said, Never tell your problems to anyone: 20% don't care, and the other 80% are glad you have them.
I love Lou Holtz-ism's . Why did your team lose Lou? They were running east west on a north south field. The best ones came when a woman with an 80 inch chest ran onto the field. Can't repeat them.

Back to Olympic Women--I agree with your first sentence above. I hope Holly keeps every Uconn WBB player off of her team--and loses big time!! (kidding).

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I love Lou Holtz-ism's . Why did your team lose Lou? They were running east west on a north south field. The best ones came when a woman with an 80 inch chest ran onto the field. Can't repeat them.

Back to Olympic Women--I agree with your first sentence above. I hope Holly keeps every Uconn WBB player off of her team--and loses big time!! (kidding).
My favorite Holtzism relates to UConn's section of Mansfield:

"They used to call it 'Store' but then they got another one."

Reaction Score
My favorite Holtzism relates to UConn's section of Mansfield:

"They used to call it 'Store' but then they got another one."
Lou's after game interviews were worth waiting for--he was on Johnny Carsons a few times because of his "isms". He was also fun to watch coaching---quite often he'd pull out an old play ground play, and put it in and it usually worked--If behind, near game end, he'd pull out a razzle dazzle crazy thing--it was again-worth watching to see what he'd try.. He was more inventive at Arkansas than ND or USC (I think he and his son went there-probably wrong)

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
I got it---you didn't!!

You're way too subtle for me BVa. I thought that you thought that I wouldn't think that you weren't thinking that I didn't think you would think that wasn't sarcasm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom