Take it for what it's worth (MAL) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Take it for what it's worth (MAL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It really is, isn't it???
I just learn so much. I always thought Shabazz was a great college player, considering he was an integral piece of a national championship team as a freshman, and then dragged a relatively average roster to a second national championship as a senior. Turns out he can't hold Kris Dunn's jock on a bad day. A guy who won 1 tournament game over his last 2 years despite playing with another 1st team all conference player each year. I'm just glad Kris didn't try hard in college or we surely would have been more doomed than our normal level of doomed.

Ben Gordon, dominant college player and a national champion, can't hold Dunn's jock on a bad day.

El-Amin, one of the greatest leaders in the modern era of college basketball and national champion, can't hold Dunn's jock on a bad day.

I've been way off this whole time.

This is all from just one post in the thread btw. There are at least another 10-20 posts that are pure gold.

Reaction Score
I just learn so much. I always thought Shabazz was a great college player, considering he was an integral piece of a national championship team as a freshman, and then dragged a relatively average roster to a second national championship as a senior. Turns out he can't hold Kris Dunn's jock on a bad day. A guy who won 1 tournament game over his last 2 years despite playing with another 1st team all conference player each year. I'm just glad Kris didn't try hard in college or we surely would have been more doomed than our normal level of doomed.

Ben Gordon, dominant college player and a national champion, can't hold Dunn's jock on a bad day.

El-Amin, one of the greatest leaders in the modern era of college basketball and national champion, can't hold Dunn's jock on a bad day.

I've been way off this whole time.

This is all from just one post in the thread btw. There are at least another 10-20 posts that are pure gold.
Just curious. Can Kemba hold his jock?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
was Dunn a really talented and good college player? Yeah
however, he was/is not the leader nor the proven clutch player in the mold of bazz, kemba, kea and those 3 had some talent too
ben? bg wasn't the leader but the man could ball with the best
all were/are great in their own way but bazz single handed willed a less than stellar team to a title so to me he epitomized the great college bb player

Reaction Score
pulled from friar talk in the MAL thread...

"I understand why they had him there, but to try and put him up against guards like Kemba, Shabazz, Boat, Marcus Williams, KEA, Gordon, yadayadayada is unfair to Dunn :rolleyes: ...Considering he was only their second 1st round pick since 1997, that probably would not put PC over us. The only thing they can offer is a better guarantee at immediate playing time. But MAL will play here. Top 40 recruits play, and are given a chance. A 4 guard rotation of Adams, Gilbert, Makai, and Vital will be nasty."
From the Boneyard

This is why I hate these idiots. As great as Kemba was.
The rest of those guys can't hold KD3s jock on a bad day..."

Courtesy of our buddy sean...you can apologize to 7774 at any time

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Okay, so not a bold-faced lie and someone owes someone an apology it seems...

Reaction Score
Ahh, I read it wrong. Yes, Jake Shuttlesworth's kid went here.

Reaction Score
Dude, just go away. You're not welcome here, you're not wanted here and you add nothing to the discussion.

Reaction Score
Dunn absolutely has the talent to be a better pro than most in that group. Kemba and bg obviously being the cream of that nba crop.

Might want to adjust the team success comment, too...every one of those guys has a NC (minus Williams who still made deeper run(s?)). That being said, I really like Dunn, and will be rooting for him to succeed in the league

Reaction Score
Of course, no denying that. But apples to apples, PC's guard history pales in comparison to ours in just the last 5 years.

How so? Bryce Cotton was a very, very good college player. Dunn was obviously great. We had Boatright and Napier, which is certainly awesome, but what else besides a year of Gibbs, Adams' freshman year, and some timely contributions from Terrence Samuel do we have to our name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom