Tacko Fall -The worst NCAA/NBA player ever over 7’4” | The Boneyard

Tacko Fall -The worst NCAA/NBA player ever over 7’4”

Reaction Score
Unless I’m missing someone, the only one who comes close is Neil Fingleton.

He doesn’t have a single move. They hardly run any offensive sets that include him even touching the ball. I mean, dump it into him and let him kick it out. He’s a foot taller than everyone else. Let him spread the ball out to the arc. He makes Brimah look like Kareem. I hate Tacko Fall.

Reaction Score
A purest from the defensive perspective will counter that by saying there is a reason UCF is the 5th best defensive team in college basketball. That reason is indeed Taco.

On the other hand some offensive purests will counter and claim Taco is the reason for the 274th offense.

He is a career 74% shooter.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
There was a similar post about Tacko last year. He is not very good. Okay, he blocks a few and stands still and drops the ball in, Really no skills. I am impressed how our boys handled him. I will be in Orlando for the next one. It will be interesting. I am positive Dawkins took copious notes.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Its the third time I've watched him play UConn in person and it still amazes me how- ESPECIALLY this year- UCF isn't giving him the ball on every trip. There's no excuse for him not to dominate this UConn team. And yet.

Reaction Score
Its the third time I've watched him play UConn in person and it still amazes me how- ESPECIALLY this year- UCF isn't giving him the ball on every trip. There's no excuse for him not to dominate this UConn team. And yet.
He’s just not good enough at getting position and not athletic enough to adjust on a feed. How many times tonight did Whaley or a helper go right around him to intercept the entry pass? You just can’t run the offense through a guy when you have to play with fire like that.

Last edited:

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
He also plays a totally passive game on defense. He averages only two blocks a game. He ought to be able to stand flat footed and motionless in the lane for an entire game and still get more than two blocks.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Worst thing you can say about Johnny Dawkins is that he has a winning lottery ticket in his front court and he doesn’t seem capable of either realizing it or exploiting it.

Fall is shooting about 75% from the field for his career. He’s taken 92 shots this year and he’s made 71 of them.

They never look for the guy. Never. Like we saw the few times where he got the ball down low, he’s playing the game with cheat codes and they never get him the ball. Josh Carlton looked like a toy trying to defend Fall.

Again...shooting almost 80% from the field and he’s still only getting around six shots a night. He’s fifth of the team in attempts and that’s with Taylor out for the past dozen games.

Reaction Score
Worst thing you can say about Johnny Dawkins is that he has a winning lottery ticket in his front court and he doesn’t seem capable of either realizing it or exploiting it.

Fall is shooting about 75% from the field for his career. He’s taken 92 shots this year and he’s made 71 of them.

They never look for the guy. Never. Like we saw the few times where he got the ball down low, he’s playing the game with cheat codes and they never get him the ball. Josh Carlton looked like a toy trying to defend Fall.

Again...shooting almost 80% from the field and he’s still only getting around six shots a night. He’s fifth of the team in attempts and that’s with Taylor out for the past dozen games.

A "toy" LOL. So true - when David O was guarding him you forgot about the chiseled man he is but rather how tiny he looked next to Fall, it's humorous had my wife laughing at the 2 standing next to each other.

And yeah totally under appreciated by the players and staff. I mean throw it in the air the defender can't get it.

Reaction Score
I like Fall and we extended our lead every time he was out of the game. Besides not getting the ball his problem is his stamina. He has none which is usual for a guys his size. He averages 21 minutes a game. They need him to play more or they did last night.

Reaction Score
It’s easy to say they should be getting him more touches. The tougher part is getting him the ball when he needs to be 6 inches from the bucket to be a threat. The idea that this is Dawkins just not knowing how to use the guy is just not true.

Reaction Score
I really felt UCF was better without him on the court last night. Maybe there's a stat to prove me wrong, but really felt like he doesn't do all that much. That could be credit to our guys as I haven't seen much of Fall against other teams, but just looked very mediocre out there last night.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
On of the first UCF possesions of the game they dumped it down to him and he turned around and dunked it. I was thinking ok this kid finally figured out how to play and we don't have any way to stop him. He didn't do too much after that. It just seems that a person his size simply isn't going to be agile or fast enough to have a real impact. Stay between him and the ball when they are on offense, and move him away from the basket when they are on defense and you negate any advantage his size provides.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom