OT: - Syracuse | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The only thing that Cuse has that I want is the big boy conference money.
The NBE is only good for MBB (after selection Sunday I'm wondering if that even holds true) and sucks for all other sports.
Time to move on

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The only thing that Cuse has that I want is the big boy conference money.
The NBE is only good for MBB (after selection Sunday I'm wondering if that even holds true) and sucks for all other sports.
Time to move on
Someone showed a twitter post where a rep from the selection committee was asked (referring to Seton Hall) "How was a team that won 13 games in a power conference left out of the tournament". The reply was "No team that win 13 games in a power conference was left out"

That says everything we need to know. Regardless of whether or not their claim is accurate, they have made it clear that they refuse to view the Big East as a power conference. My guess is that they will slowly, steadily take steps to further marginalize the conference.

If we remain here, I hope all members are willing and able to put forth the effort necessary to remain at a power conference level in spite of their marginalization attempts. The thing is there are only a couple schools (ours included) who have shown over the past few decades that they are willing to consistently commit to competing at a very high level for an extended time frame.

Reaction Score
And they are a dumpster fire BEFORE the subtraction by addition of adding Cal, Stanford and SMU. If you love college basketball, ilt’s truly a sad story that what was a dominant basketball conference has made themselves minor league by following the money and allowing football decisions to rule the conference while not caring enough how they lost their basketball status.
That is sad, but sounds vaguely familiar…. I feel like we’ve seen that story played out before.

Reaction Score
Cuse is going to get left for dead too but at least they had 15 years of hope (yet no success)

Reaction Score
acc tourney teams are from virginia, north and south carolina. shocker. 2 play in charlotte, 1 in memphis, 1 in pittsburgh, 1 in brooklyn. coddled.
su fans are all over the place ranging from denial through acceptance. the coach is thanking donors and fans while passing up the NIT and that doesn't sit well. you really hate to see it.

I won't post the twitter link here but the comments are brutal.
"I want to thank the donors, the fans and the community for their unwavering support. We look forward to seeing you guys in the Dome next year."

Also saw this posted over there, because no one seemed to know what the heck happened with the NIT
"Syracuse men's basketball has released a statement regarding the Orange not being included in the NIT field, stating it opted out prior to the field being selected. This statement was provided to All Syracuse from an SU Athletics spokesperson."

"We respect the NIT but our only postseason goal was to play in the NCAA Tournament. Therefore, we communicated to the ACC we would not participate in the NIT."

Reaction Score
Yeah when the acc collapses BC Cuse Pitt VT and Lville will come begging to join the BE. We can also take pity on Wake and Memphis and we can have 8 football only teams which is enough for a conference.

Reaction Score
acc tourney teams are from virginia, north and south carolina. shocker. 2 play in charlotte, 1 in memphis, 1 in pittsburgh, 1 in brooklyn. coddled.
su fans are all over the place ranging from denial through acceptance. the coach is thanking donors and fans while passing up the NIT and that doesn't sit well. you really hate to see it.

I won't post the twitter link here but the comments are brutal.
"I want to thank the donors, the fans and the community for their unwavering support. We look forward to seeing you guys in the Dome next year."

Also saw this posted over there, because no one seemed to know what the heck happened with the NIT
"Syracuse men's basketball has released a statement regarding the Orange not being included in the NIT field, stating it opted out prior to the field being selected. This statement was provided to All Syracuse from an SU Athletics spokesperson."

"We respect the NIT but our only postseason goal was to play in the NCAA Tournament. Therefore, we communicated to the ACC we would not participate in the NIT."
This is laugh out loud funny

Reaction Score
BIG EAST v.878

Boston College*
Georgetown
Pittsburgh*
Providence
Seton Hall
St John's
Syracuse*
UConn*
Villanova

Butler
Creighton
DePaul
Louisville*
Marquette
Memphis*
Virginia Tech*
Wake Forest*
Xavier

Building off of bendm...

Thoughts on BE taking on 7 new teams as part of the ongoing conference realignment?

Two 9 team divisions based on geography for all non-football sports.

In MBB, play home and away with 8 division mates and 2 home and 2 road games against rotating opponents in the other division. (Hurley will despise going away from round-robin.)

For FB...8 team league...FB teams marked with *.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
BIG EAST v.878

Boston College*
Georgetown
Pittsburgh*
Providence
Seton Hall
St John's
Syracuse*
UConn*
Villanova

Butler
Creighton
DePaul
Louisville*
Marquette
Memphis*
Virginia Tech*
Wake Forest*
Xavier

Building off of bendm...

Thoughts on BE taking on 7 new teams as part of the ongoing conference realignment?

In MBB, play home and away with 8 division mates and 2 home and 2 road games against rotating opponents in the other division. (Hurley will despise going away from round-robin.)

EW

Reaction Score
BIG EAST v.878

Boston College*
Georgetown
Pittsburgh*
Providence
Seton Hall
St John's
Syracuse*
UConn*
Villanova

Butler
Creighton
DePaul
Louisville*
Marquette
Memphis*
Virginia Tech*
Wake Forest*
Xavier

Building off of bendm...

They bought their tickets…..,I say, let ‘em crash!!

Reaction Score
Yeah when the acc collapses BC Cuse Pitt VT and Lville will come begging to join the BE. We can also take pity on Wake and Memphis and we can have 8 football only teams which is enough for a conference.

We would still need one more team, because BC can go suck rocks and join the Patriot League.

Reaction Score
Regarding the recent Clemson lawsuit, a debate between two posters has emerged as to which conference they should accept the inevitable offer: B1G or SEC. They are the best.
They’re in the denial stage. They’re a long way from the acceptance stage. My guess is they’ll spend A LOT of time in depression.

Reaction Score
While this configuration may be making chicken salad out of chicken ...it is something that should be at least considered. There may be just enough to keep both basketball and football fans 'content'.

Obviously, the Big Ten and the SEC will get their pick of programs and Big 12 will take in the future ACC teams (Cal, SMU, and Stanford). It is very likely that the most, if not almost all, remaining ACC football programs will jump us in the re-alignment ranks.

Therefore, the remaining ACC teams make sense geographically, picks up some solid cities Boston/Louisville/Memphis/Pittsburgh, gets football out of the Indy ranks, keeps BE rivalries, and resumes some BE rivalries. Ultimately, it protects basketball by keeping us in the Big East and gives football a home.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Mintz should have portaled last year, he could have been a 1st round NBA pick with some proper coaching. Don't love Starling. I'd be down for Bell, give Hurley a 6'7 sharpshooting wing and he'll turn him into a real player

Never heard of anybody else on their roster tbh
Bell can only do one thing and that is shoot (sometimes). He will never be part of a team that values defense. He is horrible.

As for the others, SU fans want to clean house but looks like it might just be the two Copeland (headcase) and Taylor (who left because the fans booed him). They are going to be so disappointed when this team returns everyone including Mintz who I doubt any good team would want with all the whining and hero ball he does.

Reaction Score
Oh man we’ve reached peak delusion.

Now “ UConn would trade places with us in a second”

Is that true? What say you fellas? You want to trade places with Syracuse?

This dasher dude just won the lifetime idiot award

View attachment 97867
1710987500886.gif

Reaction Score
Oh man we’ve reached peak delusion.

Now “ UConn would trade places with us in a second”

Is that true? What say you fellas? You want to trade places with Syracuse?

This dasher dude just won the lifetime idiot award

View attachment 97867
In their mind, 5<1

Ya, let's trade places with that...

Lol

We'd trade with Duke though as 5=5, but I guess Cuse don't math well.

Reaction Score
It’s funny how they go from loving these players to trashing them over a span of a few days. Copeland in particular. The way they were talking about him over there beforehand, you’d think he was the next KG or something, with how talented and passionate he was. I watched one Syracuse game this year and saw Copeland walking 90% of the time on off ball defense and not even attempt to block out once. I guess that’s the Syracuse zone…

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Every school fan base should enjoy the now and assume there is no tomorrow for their program. College sports has gone off a cliff of mismanagement and I don’t think it will survive the fall in a format that will be recognizable in 10 years.

The modern era of college basketball will have run from the late 70’s until a few years from now, and UConn will have dominated the latter 60% of that, and no matter what level of glorified minor league the sport becomes, UConn’s achievements will be permanent and never surpassed in the final era when college sports was actually college sports.

Syracuse will have been a chronic mediocrity for the end of that era, and is not in much better shape than UConn for what comes next. The Big 10 and SEC are never coming calling for upstate New York, and Syracuse the university has bigger problem given long-term declining enrollment across the country. A big, expensive private school in a bad location is not going to be appealing to students, and Syracuse's long-term academic decline proves this. There is nothing more to say about Syracuse.

Reaction Score
Bell can only do one thing and that is shoot (sometimes). He will never be part of a team that values defense. He is horrible.

As for the others, SU fans want to clean house but looks like it might just be the two Copeland (headcase) and Taylor (who left because the fans booed him). They are going to be so disappointed when this team returns everyone including Mintz who I doubt any good team would want with all the whining and hero ball he does.

I'm with you on this. Bell is a very selfish player who doesn't rebound and doesn't play any defense. He is not the type of kid we want to bring in. There is no player I would want from that toxic program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom