OT: - Syracuse | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
As true as all that may be....they are the 5th best team in the ACC (for whatever that is worth)

They finished seventh in the ACC and got blown out in the first round by the 10th seed. Going to go out on a limb and say that no, they are not the fifth-best team in the ACC.

Some other awful school has that distinction.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
That said, I could see them winning the NIT. That would be a nice foundation for a new coach.
I haven't seen them play at all this year, so I really don't know if that could happen or not, but have they given up the historic advantage of catching early-round post-season opponents by surprise with their 3-2 zone?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
He and Copeland talk more while getting blown out than any players I can remember. I’m not sure it’s not addition by subtraction with him next year.
Mintz is a cancer. Scuttle is he may pair up with Cooley next year. I love this for 2 reasons

1) what this will do to Cuse fans when they realize that they are losing their marquee players to their long time arch rival who just so happens to be as pathetic as they are.

2) Cooley sentencing himself to another lost season because Mintz is the furthest thing from a winning program player you can get. They don’t make enough basketballs to put Mintz on a Court with Epps, and Mintz makes Epps looks like Alex Karaban.

Good times.

Copeland is an epic clown.

I can’t get enough of this stuff.

August_West

Reaction Score
They finished seventh in the ACC and got blown out in the first round by the 10th seed. Going to go out on a limb and say that no, they are not the fifth-best team in the ACC.

Some other awful school has that distinction.
The 3rd best team is Virginia and by all rights they shouldn't even sniff the tourney but probably will.

The ACC is a dumpster fire.

August_West

Reaction Score
I would take Mintz as a transfer.

The reason he can't shoot is because he takes literally half his 3s off the dribble and way too many shots in general. Fix that and he looks a lot like Tristen Newton. Everything else about his offensive game is good.
No thank you. Never ever ever. My hobby is watching Syracuse games. I don’t miss them ever. Because I enjoy their ineptitude. We want nothing to do with that kid.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The 3rd best team is Virginia and by all rights they shouldn't even sniff the tourney but probably will.

I was initially thinking Clemson but it likely is Virginia. Regardless, one thing I've noticed is that there is an awful lot of very ugly orange in that conference.

Reaction Score

And they are a dumpster fire BEFORE the subtraction by addition of adding Cal, Stanford and SMU. If you love college basketball, ilt’s truly a sad story that what was a dominant basketball conference has made themselves minor league by following the money and allowing football decisions to rule the conference while not caring enough how they lost their basketball status.

Reaction Score

Clemson is easily the 3rd best team in the ACC, they're actually decent. Definitely agree on your Mintz take. Hard, hard pass on him. Doesn't understand how to play team basketball at all, and seemingly has no awareness there are aspects of defense beyond going for steals. Even the Cuse fans don't seem that upset to see him take a bag and go elsewhere.

Reaction Score
This is a hot take but I think the ACC should be a 2-bid league. I know they'll both make it but I think Virginia and Clemson are totally fraudulent teams.

Reaction Score
This is a hot take but I think the ACC should be a 2-bid league. I know they'll both make it but I think Virginia and Clemson are totally fraudulent teams.
Clemson just got smoked by a bad BC team so that doesn't help...

Uva is who they are...if you can put up 50 there's a solid chance you'll win

Reaction Score
Virginia is not a lock by any stretch. Plus they play ugly ball

Reaction Score
20-12 ACC team eeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don’t count them out of the tournament yet

Remember, one of those 20 wins is a victory over mighty Chaminade (Div II) and doesn't count toward tournament eligibility.

The Syracuse season effectively ended in Hawaii back in November.

Reaction Score
Syracuse and BC did this to themselves. Instead of keeping Big East teams out they should have been pushing them in. UConn temple Georgetown Nova St. John’s. They should have pushed pushed to make the BE in the Acc. Their basketball would be a lot better if they had. Our football would be a lot better if they had.

Reaction Score
You are thinking of the old ACC. The conference is trash now. ACC wins don't carry that much weight.

That said, I could see them winning the NIT. That would be a nice foundation for a new coach.
The use to be run by basketball schools
But when all in on football .
How’s that working out
FSU, Miami and Clemson are looking for the nearest exit .

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
Orange Nation, thank you to the best fans in the country for your support throughout this season!

The 2024-25 season has already begun.

#OrangeStandard

You just know those swine are tampering with our boys.

August_West

Reaction Score
Oh man we’ve reached peak delusion.

Now “ UConn would trade places with us in a second”

Is that true? What say you fellas? You want to trade places with Syracuse?

This dasher dude just won the lifetime idiot award

IMG_1526.jpeg

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score

View attachment 97867
Nah we are good. It's like Col. Bleep and crew don't even realize the vultures are coming to tear that conference apart. We'll probably end up in a similar spot but we are winning chips while the whole thing implodes.

Reaction Score

View attachment 97867
You would think that their posters were getting regular checks from the ACC the way they talk about it.

Reaction Score

View attachment 97867
He's right that they should have accepted the offer at that time but where our basketball program is right now? No way, we're good, thank you. I guarantee that had we been offered, we'd be more successful than orange in basketball AND football. Anyway, what happens this fall that they will be glad they are in a dead-conference walking?

I just looked at their football schedule and what a freaking mess. They play Cal and Stamford! They round out their ACC schedule with Ga Tech, NC State, Pitt, Va Tech, bcu, miami. They could have had a similar schedule in the Big East and still been relevant in hoops, giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom