Syracuse Wins @ Duke | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Syracuse Wins @ Duke

Reaction Score
They were up 12-0.

I have no problem admitting I was rooting for Duke. There is no team in college basketball that would cause me to root for Syracuse.
Not understanding this. Cuse does not have a line out the door of top ten players begging to play for whiny rat faced coach K. I too root against them, but Duke is an evil empire.

Reaction Score
They were up 12-0.

I have no problem admitting I was rooting for Duke. There is no team in college basketball that would cause me to root for Syracuse.

I didn’t see the beginning turned it on and Cuse was down 3 kept it at 1-5 all first half after that. Wow they were down 12-0 at that place and won? Even better.

There’s only one that can make me root for the Orange Crack but I hear ya.

Reaction Score
Not understanding this. Cuse does not have a line out the door of top ten players begging to play for whiny rat faced coach K. I too root against them, but Duke is an evil empire.
It's simple. Duke wanted us in the ACC. Syracuse did not.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Dominated? They were never up more than 4-5 at any point in the game and Jones is overrated anyway. He plays good D but other than that he’s a decent PG surrounded by studs. Their problem is he’s the only true PG if he’s really hurt they’re in trouble. Good win no matter even the kid O’Connell made some plays and shots for Duke, they beat’em at their place.

This is an awful take. Straight up revisionist history.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Refs did everything they could to take that from the Orange. Chukwu and Battle huge, Hughes too. Jones blew his shoulder out I think. Jay Bilas is no longer likable it’s painful listening to him about Duke. Never been so damn happy for an Orange win love it.
Cuse vs. Duke is a no brainer for me. I have some connection to both, more to SU. Duke and ND are tied in my “hope they never win anything” book.

Reaction Score
I'm not going to laugh at an old man for pissing himself considering his past. There is plenty you can make fun of in regards to the cuse without that low blow, not gonna stoop to that level and no one should, especially considering the guys history with cancer which everyone should be aware of at this point.

PS: nose picker. 4 to 1.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Refs did everything they could to take that from the Orange. Chukwu and Battle huge, Hughes too. Jones blew his shoulder out I think. Jay Bilas is no longer likable it’s painful listening to him about Duke. Never been so damn happy for an Orange win love it.
Couldn't of said it any better Mau. I don't claim to be a subject matter expert, but some of those calls had me scratching my head. It wasn't Syracuse fault Duke couldn't buy a three. It doesn't who was out of Dukes's lineup. It was at Duke. Big change in Bilas over the years.

polycom

Reaction Score
Should’ve checked with you to get the right take. Lol :rolleyes:

This is a chief level response to straight up making things up. You’re better than this.

Reaction Score
Jones with an ac joint separation. Out indefinitely.
This is pretty significant. Duke looked like a completely different team after he went down, especially on defense

Reaction Score
So are we just ignoring the Wake Forest blowout at home now?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Jones with an ac joint separation. Out indefinitely.
It's just amazing that K doesn't have a capable back-up PG - when Jones went out, there was nobody who could handle the PG duties with any decent level of efficiency
This is a huge loss (Jones) for them - GOOD
Now Cuse can lose the rest of their games

polycom

Reaction Score
It's just amazing that K doesn't have a capable back-up PG - when Jones went out, there was nobody who could handle the PG duties with any decent level of efficiency

Because Jones is one of the best if not the best Pure PG's in the country and is likely the second most important player on Duke after Zion.

Reaction Score

Well they scored 91 points. It was their D that let them down.

Reaction Score
I have never heard this before and have no clue where you got this idea from.

It was in a newspaper a few years ago--2nd time around for UConn, in competition with Louisville.

Reaction Score
It was in a newspaper a few years ago--2nd time around for UConn, in competition with Louisville.

You're right I remember now. It was an either/or regarding UConn and Louisville I think. For the record though, we all know it was BC that was leading the anti-UConn charge.

Personally, I hate you guys but the ACC is the only logical place for UConn. I hope eventually you get there (if thats where you want to go) and we can get to play each other in-league every year again. Was a great rivalry with great games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom