Syracuse Wins @ Duke | The Boneyard

Syracuse Wins @ Duke

Reaction Score
Let’s just win out then bc clearly we are better than duke

Reaction Score
They couldn't of gotten luckier.. Reddish out, Jones injured, Jack white goes like 0-11 from 3. However, makes our win better?

Reaction Score
Somehow, some way Cuse will weasel a bid to the dance.

Reaction Score
Refs did everything they could to take that from the Orange. Chukwu and Battle huge, Hughes too. Jones blew his shoulder out I think. Jay Bilas is no longer likable it’s painful listening to him about Duke. Never been so damn happy for an Orange win love it.

Reaction Score
Refs did everything they could to take that from the Orange. Chukwu and Battle huge, Hughes too. Jones blew his shoulder out I think. Jay Bilas is no longer likable it’s painful listening to him about Duke. Never been so damn happy for an Orange win love it.

Agree, but in general the refs let both get away with wayyy more physical play than anything we’ve seen in the American conference. Bodies were flying everywhere and it was awesome. it was much more entertaining basketball than what our refs put us through

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Duke was undermanned but K should play more of his guys rather than love blowing people out leaving starters in - his bench has zero punch
But a win is a win and a good win for Cuse
Don't think it sheds any light or darkness on UConn
If it was anyone but Cuse the selection committee would be saying that the W was tainted due to Duke's injuries but in reality if Cuse is breathing above .500 they will get in the dance
Pure BS

Reaction Score
Agree, but in general the refs let both get away with wayyy more physical play than anything we’ve seen in the American conference. Bodies were flying everywhere and it was awesome. it was much more entertaining basketball than what our refs put us through

Big call though when no one touched Zion but they called it when he threw a brick allowed Duke to get to OT. But overall youre right they let them hammer each other a lot. Was fun to watch also fun to listen to Bilas talk about them being a great defensive team while the Orange players were scoring at will. Lol

Reaction Score
Syracuse is in. Finish roughly .500 in the ACC...beet Dook @ dook, be Syracuse = IN.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Big call though when no one touched Zion but they called it when he threw a brick allowed Duke to get to OT. But overall youre right they let them hammer each other a lot. Was fun to watch also fun to listen to Bilas talk about them being a great defensive team while the Orange players were scoring at will. Lol
Or Bilas calling Duke courageous - what the hell were they supposed to do, cancel the game?

Reaction Score

you'd be jaded too if you spent that much time at ESPN

Reaction Score
Couldn't agree more. I thought I was watching the Cincinnati ref crew all over again. I was actually happy Cuse won this game. Lol

Reaction Score
Duke dominated while Tyus Jones' brother was out there. He had 4 steals in 5 minutes. Cuse really caught a break with his injury. Duke better hope Jones can come back this season.

On a lighter note, a Syracuse fan on Reddit said he'd eat a tube of toothpaste if Syracuse won this game. He delivered.

Reaction Score
Seems a little low to make fun of an old man for incontinence. Piss happens.

The one time I met Boeheim, and the other I saw him present, he was a jerk. He's also a cheater with less national championships than Tyler Olander. No longer very good at his job... well, except for this game. Let's leave the criticism there.
...and he's a nosepicker.

Reaction Score
Duke dominated while Tyus Jones' brother was out there. He had 4 steals in 5 minutes. Cuse really caught a break with his injury. Duke better hope Jones can come back this season.

On a lighter note, a Syracuse fan on Reddit said he'd eat a tube of toothpaste if Syracuse won this game. He delivered.

That had potential, until it was clear he was digging it. Dude looks like he might do that often anyway...

Reaction Score

Coach K said it was a shoulder sprain.

Reaction Score

Dominated? They were never up more than 4-5 at any point in the game and Jones is overrated anyway. He plays good D but other than that he’s a decent PG surrounded by studs. Their problem is he’s the only true PG if he’s really hurt they’re in trouble. Good win no matter even the kid O’Connell made some plays and shots for Duke, they beat’em at their place.

Reaction Score
Dominated? They were never up more than 4-5 at any point in the game and Jones is overrated anyway. He plays good D but other than that he’s a decent PG surrounded by studs. Their problem is he’s the only true PG if he’s really hurt they’re in trouble. Good win no matter even the kid O’Connell made some plays and shots for Duke, they beat’em at their place.
Did you watch the beginning of the game before he got hurt? They were up 11 - 0 at one point.

Edit: 14 - 6 when he got hurt

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom