Syracuse assistant | The Boneyard

Syracuse assistant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I just saw flash across my tv that Bernie Fine moslested a ball boy for more than a dozen years, wow where is college sports headed

Reaction Score
Alleged victim says that Boeheim would see them laying on the bed together.

Not good.

ACC CURSE, in effect.

Reaction Score
Hate to say it, but the magnitude of the Penn State scandal may just open the door to unearthing many more ugly stories like this from schools around the country. Sad commentary on the corruption in college athletics.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I just saw flash across my tv that Bernie Fine moslested a ball boy for more than a dozen years, wow where is college sports headed

This one is going to be a little more complicated than the Sandusky situation. First of all, the kid was not molested for 12 years. When he turned 18, it stopped being molestation, so they are really talking about 3 years I believe, and what happened during that period. There does not appear to be any other victims, so far.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

The same place every industry is headed. These guys are in all walks of life. This isn't a college sports problem, it's a human problem.

Reactions: Fe

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The same place every industry is headed. These guys are in all walks of life. This isn't a college sports problem, it's a human problem.
Sadly you hit the nail on the head.

Reaction Score
This one is going to be a little more complicated than the Sandusky situation. First of all, the kid was not molested for 12 years. When he turned 18, it stopped being molestation, so they are really talking about 3 years I believe, and what happened during that period. There does not appear to be any other victims, so far.

The article is claiming that he was first molested during the summer going into 7th grade. This would make him either 11 or 12 depending upon when his birthday is.

Reaction Score
I agree it's life, but I think these college will start doing major back ground checks on all coaches organization and charity work.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The article is claiming that he was first molested during the summer going into 7th grade. This would make him either 11 or 12 depending upon when his birthday is.

Davis is also claiming there are many more victims. This might start to look more Sandusky-like.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Davis is also claiming there are many more victims. This might start to look more Sandusky-like.
Let's just wait. If any truth to this things will come out.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
I agree it's life, but I think these college will start doing major back ground checks on all coaches organization and charity work.

Thing is, they'd all come up clean- unless they'd been convicted of a crime. Not sure an investigation into alleged criminal activity would be found through a background check. That seems unfair to me. Theoretically all you'd have to do to ruin someone's life is falsely accuse someone of a crime, have it investigated and viola! they're disqualified from any job. So I figure you'd have to be convicted of a crime and none of these guys have been.

MattMang23

Reaction Score

Granted I don't know enough about it yet, but this doesn't seem to be of the same ilk as the Sandusky deal. Davis told the Cuse investigators to ask a number of different people and they'd corroborate his story. They didn't. Could it have happened? Of course. I am just a little skeptical over this case, though.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Very true and truly awful...look at what happened within the Catholic Church for so many years. Very disturbing thing that I saw in Afghanistan is that is a commonly accepted part of the culture, particularly in the Pashtun areas. The Afghan governor of one province where I worked had two 10-12'year old boys in his entourage who were dressed in feminine makeup and attire...they call the practice "bazee bachae" literally boy play

Reaction Score
Assuming the reports are true about how Syracuse handled it, I can't say I blame them like I do PSU

Reaction Score
Granted I don't know enough about it yet, but this doesn't seem to be of the same ilk as the Sandusky deal. Davis told the Cuse investigators to ask a number of different people and they'd corroborate his story. They didn't. Could it have happened? Of course. I am just a little skeptical over this case, though.

Not nearly of the same ilk as PSU. That case has grand jury testimony, under oath, demonstrating willful institutional neglect of the actions of a serial child molester.

This is one guy making claims of child molestation which both the university and the media have previously investigated and been unable to corroborate. That's not to say it didn't happen, and if it did, Fine should suffer the consequences. But in no way does this remotely compare at this point to the PSU situation.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Boeheim vehemently denies reports and that this sort of thing could have happened.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Boeheim vehemently denies reports and that this sort of thing could have happened.

Is he denying he ever saw Davis in bed in Fine's hotel room?

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score

America is a peculiar country. We proclaim "innocent until proven guilty" yet allow ESPN and every other national news outlet to run Bernie Fine's image and basically proclaim him a child molester without one scintilla of evidence. Its relatively shocking that we are one of the only civilized nations in the world that does this. I dont have a clue whether fine is a child rapist or not but it is something to think about.

Reaction Score
America is a peculiar country. We proclaim "innocent until proven guilty" yet allow ESPN and every other national news outlet to run Bernie Fine's image and basically proclaim him a child molester without one scintilla of evidence. Its relatively shocking that we are one of the only civilized nations in the world that does this. I dont have a clue whether fine is a child rapist or not but it is something to think about.

This is such a misnomer that I see repeated everywhere and it's so wrong.

The innocent until proven guilty applies to courts. Where both Jerry Sandusky and Bernie Fine (assuming any charges are even brought against him - statute of limitations and all) WILL be innocent until proven guilty by a jury of their peers. That is their Constitutional right and you can be assured they will be afforded it.

There is no requirement that the public feel one way or the other. There's no need for your company to wait in putting you on leave or firing you (ask Joe Paterno). If you really think the United States is the only country to do this, and that history of all nations isn't full of such scenarios, I don't know what to tell ya.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
This is such a misnomer that I see repeated everywhere and it's so wrong.

The innocent until proven guilty applies to courts. Where both Jerry Sandusky and Bernie Fine (assuming any charges are even brought against him - statute of limitations and all) WILL be innocent until proven guilty by a jury of their peers. That is their Constitutional right and you can be assured they will be afforded it.

There is no requirement that the public feel one way or the other. There's no need for your company to wait in putting you on leave or firing you (ask Joe Paterno). If you really think the United States is the only country to do this, and that history of all nations isn't full of such scenarios, I don't know what to tell ya.
With all due respect, youre high. In every civilized country in the world, except the USA, the accused are protected from crucifixion in the media. The accused aren't identified until conviction in nearly every country in the world. Everyone that heard this story tonight thinks Fine is guilty. That was my point.

Reaction Score
I think the dude is a lying sack of and I do not even like Quse.
Until the facts are clear this sounds like a hot steamy pile to me. JB saw them in bed? REALLY? Who with a brain in their head would believe JB would do something like that and not report it- sorry I do not believe it and really hope I am right.
Sounds fishy. (sorry Fishy).

Reaction Score
With all due respect, youre high. In every civilized country in the world, except the USA, the accused are protected from crucifixion in the media. The accused aren't identified until conviction in nearly every country in the world. Everyone that heard this story tonight thinks Fine is guilty. That was my point.

Amanda Knox?

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Amanda Knox?
So you agree, its ridiculous that people are crucified prior to conviction. If you are looking to the Italian justice system to bolster your argument you are clearly on shaky ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom