Syracuse assistant | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Syracuse assistant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With all due respect, youre high. In every civilized country in the world, except the USA, the accused are protected from crucifixion in the media. The accused aren't identified until conviction in nearly every country in the world.
This is one of the most absurdly and patently false statement I've ever read on on this messageboard, which is largely a clearinghouse for misinformation, illogic, tortured grammer and worthless opinions. You're one of the greats!

Reaction Score
Except I read today that there were both pictures and video of him sitting in front of David Robinson at the 87 Final Four, so he was apparently there. Even if he didn't like to fly, or whatever.

If that's the case then that is a pretty bad blow to Fine. It negates what the victim's mom says that the alleged victim did not go with them to away games that required an airplane ride. I'm not saying that's the smoking gun. It is a very big plus for the alleged victim.

Reaction Score
If that's the case then that is a pretty bad blow to Fine. It negates what the victim's mom says that the alleged victim did not go with them to away games that required an airplane ride. I'm not saying that's the smoking gun. It is a very big plus for the alleged victim.

Not really. She said he didn't like to fly, no that he never went away with Fine. In fact, she said he DID go away with him. A lot of Syracuse people have already said that he was around, so it doesn't add anything to the case. I only offered it because her "fear of flying" quote seems to be contradicted.

Reaction Score
At first it seemed to me like the story was Stop but now I don't know. I still have no clue why this kid was a ballboy for 6 years and went away on recruiting trips, that just doesn't make sense. I think Boeheim seriously needs to stop putting out statements every hour.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
That is the thing. Ball boys don't travel with the team. Generally they are local kids that go to home games. They aren';t going to Hawaii and the Final Four with the team.
I recall reading somewhere within the last few days that the kid was a babysitter for the Fine's both at home and when they traveled. Can't remember where I read that.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
This is so sad. I listened to Tim Welsch say he roomed with Fine on away trips. He did say the young man did come to away games, but fine was there with his wife. I hope the kid is lying, but where there is smoke there's fire. I am a little skeptical that JB comments that the he doesn't remember the young man, and Welsch said he does and the kid was quite visible. Predators are in every walk of life we need to protect our young people at all costs.

From the quote above, Boeheim says he did remember the kid: "I know this kid, but I never saw him in any rooms or anything," Boeheim told ESPN. "It is a bunch of a thousand lies that he has told. You don't think it is a little funny that his cousin (relative) is coming forward?"He supplied four names to the university that would corroborate his story. None of them did ... there is only one side to this story. He is lying."

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Now it is a stretch to go jump to molestation but does anyone think it is strange for a 50+ year old man to take a 10 or 11 year old boy to Hawaii twice, the Final Four, Big East Tourney? I can see if it was Fine's kid but apparently there is no dispute that this kid was at these places with him. No father involved in the kid's life either from what I have read. Very strange.
Good point and no explanation from the Fine/SU camp other than the "we investigated this kid before and he is a liar"...think about it, why would the kid identify 4 people to support his story and then they support none of it...why would he pick those 4? Makes zero sense and raises concerns re the impartiality of the SU investigation

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I take it that Fine was exonerated by a Syracuse investigation correct? Little bit of conflict there I'd say. Where are the real police in all these cases? Like many of the the Church cases it seems they went unreported to the real police. In the case of PSU again the PSU police were involved and investigated the initial report. That victim's mother when attempting to report it to a child service agency was told to think about a few days considering who she was dealing with. You wonder if the two alleged victims at SU were never satisfied that they got justice and never reported it to real police because they were considering who they were dealing with too.

Reaction Score
If Fine is guilty of any of these allegations, there is a special place in hell for him. However, the general consensus up here in Syracuse is that these two stepbrothers are drug abusers with many holes in their story. Did you see Mike Lang try to cry on OTL? No tears coming from his eyes. Davis gave the names for four other (men now) whom he was certain were also abused by Fine. All four denied any such actions occurring. Fine did in fact treat Davis like a son, Davis never knew his biological father. There was an incident in 2003 I believe involving an unpaid loan of $5000, Davis and Fine got into an altercation near the SU facilities and it is said Fine "cut him out of his life" then. Lastly, who gets molested until the age of 27? Weren't you guys trying to get in girls' pants at 14? You know the difference between right and wrong and what's going on.

Abused child or bitter, drugged-out, low-life, looking to take down a man who tried to help him for a long time? I need more facts to come out before I make my judgement.

Reaction Score
Also, Beoheim and Fine are neighbors. If JB knew anything about this, or even suspected wrongdoing, would JB let a guy like that live next to his young children? I don't think JB is that stupid

Reaction Score
Someone needs to step up and take a lie detector test. If either side is so adamant, let's do it and get going on the truth.

Reaction Score
Being molested till the age of 27 is not right. Something is off here. From the looks of Bernie most kids could have stopped him and beat the out of him at some point in their physical maturity , I know I could have kicked his ass by the time I was 12. Bernie is not Sandusky and ex football player who was in very good shape. Lots of strange things though in this story if you think about it. Maybe he did , maybe he didn't but if He was falsely accused man I'd take those guys to the cleaners . Just being accused of something like that is a life changing event.

Reaction Score
Being molested till the age of 27 is not right. Something is off here. From the looks of Bernie most kids could have stopped him and beat the **** out of him at some point in their physical maturity , I know I could have kicked his ass by the time I was 12. Bernie is not Sandusky and ex football player who was in very good shape. Lots of strange things though in this story if you think about it. Maybe he did , maybe he didn't but if He was falsely accused man I'd take those guys to the cleaners . Just being accused of something like that is a life changing event.

You're looking at the guy now. This was alleged to have started in 1982.

FineandDavis_crop_340x234.jpg

Reaction Score
I just saw flash across my tv that Bernie Fine moslested a ball boy for more than a dozen years, wow where is college sports headed
Alleged is a long way from being proven guilty.As the Penn State scandal will bring other victims forward it will also bring opportunists forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom