Sweet Caroline! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sweet Caroline!

Reaction Score
The bottom line is she has the potential to be great. She can make plays against top competition and that is exactly what great teams need. When few others can score, she can. She's like Haley Jones in last year's NC. She is big enough to score outside and she can overcome a smaller guard inside. Look how hard it is for most of our other guards to get a shot off. She helps a lot on team defense and can rebound better than average. An important aspect of her game is she moves the ball quickly. She's coachable. I think the refs are ridiculous about traveling calls now but she is just going to have to watch that and her positioning on the sidelines. These things are fixable though. Geno should give her 30 minutes if it's based on merit, rather than seniority. Hopefully she stays focused and keeps moving forward.

Reaction Score
The bottom line is she has the potential to be great. She can make plays against top competition and that is exactly what great teams need. When few others can score, she can. She's like Haley Jones in last year's NC. She is big enough to score outside and she can overcome a smaller guard inside. Look how hard it is for most of our other guards to get a shot off. She helps a lot on team defense and can rebound better than average. An important aspect of her game is she moves the ball quickly. She's coachable. I think the refs are ridiculous about traveling calls now but she is just going to have to watch that and her positioning on the sidelines. These things are fixable though. Geno should give her 30 minutes if it's based on merit, rather than seniority. Hopefully she stays focused and keeps moving forward.
All well said, TeamFirst.

Agreed re the press conference. I kind of laughed as I watched. She sort of had that 'deer in the headlight' look' that she'd shown on the court prior to today.

On a day when we all are holding our breath waiting for news on Paige, we can at least feel good that I believe, as you do, that the Huskies have a potential standout in Caroline. I just hope those here who have been deriding her and saw the light today are patient: she'll likely have her bad games, but what a joy to watch today! Imagine the day when Paige, Azzi and Caroline are in full flight together ...

Reaction Score
Like my old Peaugout (phonetically) the Citron was an excellent car. I hope Caroline shoots as often as Ms Citron. If she were not on the ND team I may have cheered her on I like her game, aggressiveness, etc Ditto with Ms Ducharme
Citron is the best player on that team. Future all American for sure.

Reaction Score
Caroline has played a total of 39 minutes in her college career so she will learn. Today was a great first step
What a great breakout game for her. First step? How about a giant leap for (UConn) women kind! ;) OK I regress to the moon landing.
Her 14 in the forth even recognized by the ND press. Such a nice way to come out of the shadows and give Geno something to think about. :D

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
What a great breakout game for her. First step? How about a giant leap for (UConn) women kind! ;) OK I regress to the moon landing.
Her 14 in the forth even recognized by the ND press. Such a nice way to come out of the shadows and give Geno something to think about. :D
First step because the game is a confidence builder for both Caroline and for the team so that her teammates will be more likely to include her in plays. However, it’s a step rather than a leap because I will remind everyone that Christyn played what everyone called her breakout game vs ND in South Bend her freshman year then proceeded to have a maddeningly inconsistent year. Freshmen are notorious for that.

Maybe Caroline will go from yesterday’s game to being a consistent threat, improving steadily into a key player. Or, she can suffer a case of freshmanitis and have good, ok, and bad games as most inexperienced players do.

The Boneyard has an unfortunate habit of judging a player’s worth on their last game. It’s not fair to the player, really. Not you, @Woof 101 , but others here. I hope people will give Caroline time to develop at the pace that’s just right for her.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
First step because the game is a confidence builder for both Caroline and for the team so that her teammates will be more likely to include her in plays. However, it’s a step rather than a leap because I will remind everyone that Christyn played what everyone called her breakout game vs ND in South Bend her freshman year then proceeded to have a maddeningly inconsistent year. Freshmen are notorious for that.

Maybe Caroline will go from yesterday’s game to being a consistent threat, improving steadily into a key player. Or, she can suffer a case of freshmanitis and have good, ok, and bad games as most inexperienced players do.

The Boneyard has an unfortunate habit of judging a player’s worth on their last game. It’s not fair to the player, really. Not you, @Woof 101 , but others here. I hope people will give Caroline time to develop at the pace that’s just right for her.
But I think this puts her into a regular rotation who wont be pulled if she makes a few mistakes and unlike some other freshman, she seems to practice well so I am looking at her to have a freshman season alot like KLS. While I am forecasting, once Azzi is healthy, I expect her to have a KML type freshman year.

Reaction Score
Truth.
Felt a rush yesterday watching Caroline ‘arrive’.
Very exciting to watch a player enter the big stage and ‘grab the ring’ in real time.
She may take a step back at times getting acclimated, but I believe she KNOWS SHE BELONGS AND CAN DO THIS.
I’m very excited for her.

Reaction Score
Like my old Peaugout (phonetically) the Citron was an excellent car. I hope Caroline shoots as often as Ms Citron. If she were not on the ND team I may have cheered her on I like her game, aggressiveness, etc Ditto with Ms Ducharme
just out of curiosity: Peugeot and Citroen two French car brands (I know you know ... I'm kidding). I agree with you for the rest on your post

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Has anyone put out any highlights for Caroline?

Reaction Score
Her defensive effort was really good as well.
Yes, what I noticed defensively was how well she boxes out too, she really puts her body between the player she's guarding and the basket. She does have deceptively long arms too which helps.
On offense, I can see a resemblance to Katie Lou Samuelson. I really hope UConn tries setting picks so she can curl around them or get a nice FT line shot. She also showed an instinct to go to basket when others were shooting, so she should get some rebounds or putbacks.
In the perfect world, I would love for her to push the ball through a gap and then take the quick deadly jump shot. She did show that once when she took the ball to the hoop for a short shot. I'm hoping Azzi will show that ability too- that was her MO in high school and hopefully her injuries haven't robbed her of that.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score

The same thing could be said about Dangerfield her freshman year. However, I think the naysayers who post on this board will continue to complain if she has some games that are less productive than yesterday's game.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
With Paige, Azzi and Aubrey back on the court and Ms. Nelson-Ododa, Ms. Westbrook, Ms Edwards, Ms. Ducharme, Ms Jurasz and Ms. Williams playing strong games...who can beat us? South Carolina?, Louisville?, Arizona?, or North Carolina State?...I believe this year it is wide open best parity seen in years. And, despite all that...I really like our chances going into March.

Reaction Score
Caroline was pretty unfazed by the zone, too. She showed some ability to slash through the zone and shoot over the defender from 10’. I disagree with a previous post that she forced anything today, unlike the Seton Hall game.
I agree--to be quite honest, Caroline seemed to be more relaxed and adept to tackling a zone defense than our seniors on the perimeter who seemed all but perplexed by Notre Dame's 2/3... Playing like this, Caroline will certainly be an added dimension to UConn's offense, which right now has pretty much one dimension...

Reaction Score
just out of curiosity: Peugeot and Citroen two French car brands (I know you know ... I'm kidding). I agree with you for the rest on your post
Thanks--As you can readily see, I'm an English expert and top rated SPEALER/SPEELER--oh heck, you know> Thanks

Reaction Score
Thanks--As you can readily see, I'm an English expert and top rated SPEALER/SPEELER--oh heck, you know> Thanks
ciao, I told you I was just playing with the names of Sonia and the car ... don't worry I won't do it again . I'm sorry !!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
One of the keys to Caroline's success today was that she kept moving. When everyone else was tired she was just getting started. We need to use our depth and Caroline is clearly a big part of that.
So the woman’s team version of Rip Hamilton?

Reaction Score
fox tv GIF by My Kitchen Rules on FOX

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom