Sweet Caroline! | The Boneyard

Sweet Caroline!

Reaction Score
Good for Ducharme. She shares similar tendencies with Sophia Citron. Neither are bashful, and Ducharme finally displayed her 3-point capability. However, she would be wise to take note of Paige’s feel to let the game unfold, rather than forcing it to come. I imagine the extra weight she’s been carrying has been lifted.

Notre Dame looks set in the backcourt for the next 3-4 years. Miles and Citron are going to help bring ND back to national relevance.

Reaction Score
I was so thankful she was given the opportunity to play through turning the ball over the first time she touched it. Once she settled down, she was so assertive and moved with purpose. Hopefully the beginning of stringing together solid performances.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Good for Ducharme. She shares similar tendencies with Sophia Citron. Neither are bashful, and Ducharme finally displayed her 3-point capability. However, she would be wise to take note of Paige’s feel to let the game unfold, rather than forcing it to come.
Caroline has played a total of 39 minutes in her college career so she will learn. Today was a great first step

Reaction Score
She’s played a total of 39 minutes in her college career so she will learn. Today was a great first step
Agreed HuskyNan. Caroline's close to non-stop in the offensive zone, which is reminiscent of those past UConn teams we all so loved... combine that with a deft touch shooting around the hoop and a solid 3-point stroke and she should be a major ingredient to the Huskies' success.

Now let's pray whatever Paige suffered today will not force a really long-term absence. I'll bet Paige had her considerable mental wheels turning as Caroline was doing her thing, thinking of all the assists she'll accumulate dishing off to Azzi and Caroline.

By the way, I'm a huge fan of Neil Diamond and love the aforementioned song, but I hope for Caroline's sake it isn't forced on her as her identity at UConn. She's very likely had to endure that for many years already.

'Twas a great game for UConn with a scary and very possibly sad final act.

Reaction Score
One of the keys to Caroline's success today was that she kept moving. When everyone else was tired she was just getting started. We need to use our depth and Caroline is clearly a big part of that.

Reaction Score
This was the first game I've seen this year where Geno didn't look like he was going to have a heart attack any second. Good job Geno!

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Caroline showed why she was a McDonald's All - American!! She couldn't have showed a better team than Notre Dame!! Caroline took it outside as well as inside amongst the trees!! Way to go Caroline!! Hopefully, she will build on this game.

Reaction Score
Geno said in the post game presser what I said to those sitting next to me. When she entered in the second half, the game changed. A zone doesn’t work when shots are going in. Without Azzi, she is incredibly important to this team.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Geno said in the post game presser what I said to those sitting next to me. When she entered in the second half, the game changed. A zone doesn’t work when shots are going in. Without Azzi, she is incredibly important to this team.
Caroline was pretty unfazed by the zone, too. She showed some ability to slash through the zone and shoot over the defender from 10’. I disagree with a previous post that she forced anything today, unlike the Seton Hall game.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I knew she had a great 4th Q but not 14 points. Even then, she had at least 2 baskets negated by remarkable defensive plays that normally do not occur. She is also an excellent cutter without the ball.

Reaction Score
Good for Ducharme. She shares similar tendencies with Sophia Citron. Neither are bashful, and Ducharme finally displayed her 3-point capability. However, she would be wise to take note of Paige’s feel to let the game unfold, rather than forcing it to come. I imagine the extra weight she’s been carrying has been lifted.

Notre Dame looks set in the backcourt for the next 3-4 years. Miles and Citron are going to help bring ND back to national relevance.
Like my old Peaugout (phonetically) the Citron was an excellent car. I hope Caroline shoots as often as Ms Citron. If she were not on the ND team I may have cheered her on I like her game, aggressiveness, etc Ditto with Ms Ducharme

Reaction Score
I was so thankful she was given the opportunity to play through turning the ball over the first time she touched it. Once she settled down, she was so assertive and moved with purpose. Hopefully the beginning of stringing together solid performances.
While I agree that her assertiveness on offense was positive, I loved watching her on defense. Still often tentative, but not too many players tried to drive by her 6'2" frame and long arms. Good mechanics in that she tried to play defense with her feet and length, not using her hands to grab and push. Loved that Geno gave her minutes in Q4.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom