Swaim looking for another ACC team to bolt soon | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Swaim looking for another ACC team to bolt soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I'm not as convinced about BC myself; I am very convinced about UVA.

The main reason I think BC could be in play is because it makes no sense and would make all of this even worse for UConn; and UConn's demise sure seems to be "trending."

This made me laugh. It really does seem like the conference realignment gods are ganging up on UConn, doesn't it? I don't understand it but it wouldn't shock me if BC went to the B1G even if the only reason was to kick UConn in the nuts again. Then the ACC will add Temple or UMass to replace them. BC offers nothing to anyone except rights to 1 Doug Flutie miraculous Hail Mary pass highlight. But yeah, let's them add them for their 5,000 fanbase and lousy athletic history (not including hockey).

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
If you told me in the year 2000 that by the end of 2012, my biggest concern would be whether or not the University of Virginia is chosen by the Big10 in order to secure the University of Connecticut's athletics future, I would have told you that you need to "up the dosage." And yet here I am. Un-f#$king-fathomable.

By then, the men's basketball team had already won the national championship, the women's basketball team had already begun to be the juggernaut that they are today, the men's soccer team had just won the national championship, the football team was getting prepared for real 1-A action in a very deep Big East conference (back when Miami was good), etc. And yet twelve years later....praying for UVA to the B1G.....holy $#it....:eek:

Reaction Score
I'm not as convinced about BC myself; I am very convinced about UVA.
We need to go to UVA's boards and B1G boards and state our case!

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
If you told me in the year 2000 that by the end of 2012, my biggest concern would be whether or not the University of Virginia is chosen by the Big10 in order to secure the University of Connecticut's athletics future, I would have told you that you need to "up the dosage." And yet here I am. Un-f#$king-fathomable.

By then, the men's basketball team had already won the national championship, the women's basketball team had already begun to be the juggernaut that they are today, the men's soccer team had just won the national championship, the football team was getting prepared for real 1-A action in a very deep Big East conference (back when Miami was good), etc. And yet twelve years later....praying for UVA to the B1G.....holy $#it....:eek:

Lmao. This is so true Dan.

This ducking conference expansion has all but consumed me.

Reaction Score
George O'Leary? Really? The source for massive conference realignment is a C-USA head coach?

Look, it's either going to be 0 or 2. There is no one ACC team, because there's no one else the Big 10 would add (and yeah, I include UConn). Virginia is the key to everything. It makes no sense to add just one, nor does it make sense for that one to be Georgia Tech.
You do realize Rutgers went from the Big East to the B1G? How delusional can we get?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
You do realize Rutgers went from the Big East to the B1G? How delusional can we get?
I still think I'm back in my teens and drunk out of my mind and none of this is true!

Reaction Score
I still think I'm back in my teens and drunk out of my mind and none of this is true!
I was smoking trees. I am supposedly brain-damaged. (I started in my late-teens...)

Reaction Score
I want so badly for our leaders to find a way to do this that doesn't involve us joining the ACC. We can be an elite Island in the Big East, independent or B1G if we are really lucky.

Just too much of a bad taste in my mouth. We weren't wanted. Move on.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I want so badly for our leaders to find a way to do this that doesn't involve us joining the ACC. We can be an elite Island in the Big East, independent or B1G if we are really lucky.

Plan is for you to come back from Germany, kidnap Delany, take him for a ride in a helicopter, hold him by his feet out the door a thousand feet up until he signs UConn!!!

Reaction Score
Plan is for you to come back from Germany, kidnap Delany, take him for a ride in a helicopter, hold him by his feet out the door a thousand feet up until he signs UConn!!!

Either that or someone accidently nukes Syracuse.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

If the ACC gets dumptrucked like we hope, the smart move is for the remaining ACC schools to vote to dissolve the ACC, and leave to join UConn, Cincinnati and whoever in a new league. There is no reason to save the ACC at that point.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
If the ACC gets dumptrucked like we hope, the smart move is for the remaining ACC schools to vote to dissolve the ACC, and leave to join UConn, Cincinnati and whoever in a new league. There is no reason to save the ACC at that point.
Collect as much of the 20 to 25 million exits fees from the departing schools first. Look at the bonanza the BE bb schools just got with all the defections. That's why the bb only schools haven't voted to dissolve yet.

After the schools bail in the ACC examine the detritus remaining in the ACC, BE and maybe B12 put the best together and call NBC!

Reaction Score

I am thinking the same thing. One step at a time though.

I would prefer to worry about UConn, and what we are going to do to revitalize the football program.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Should any combination of FSU, Clem, GT, UVA, VT UNC leave the ACC. We'd be joining what is essentially the old BE minus RU/WVa and the BB schools. Adding Duke, NCST, Wake, and Miami.

Sure we'd be stuck with a bunch of untrustworthy gutter rats, but it's not the worst outcome. A saved BE FB conference (under a new name) swapping the PC's/ Seton Hall's for Duke and friends. So long as the ACC keeps the Orange Bowl, which is not a cinch, it'll do.

Getting into the B1G, would of course be better. The "people who can suck it" thread would set internet records.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer