Swaim looking for another ACC team to bolt soon | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Swaim looking for another ACC team to bolt soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
FWIW - George O'Leary was the Head Coach at Georgia Tech from 1994-2001.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
They fought their way into the B1G. And we have more conference championships than they do.
No. Their state had more babies than UConn. Only reason for the invite was absence of birth control and that literally **cked UConn!

Reaction Score
So we're probably a lock for the ACC. Big whoop. Let's aim higher.

Reaction Score
No. They're state had more babies than UConn. Only reason for the invite was absence of birth control and that literally **cked UConn!
Does that mean we need to tell the ladies on here to get to work??

ctchamps

Reaction Score
If the rumor is true it makes the most sense for Virginia or Cuse! I don't see North Carolina or Georgia Tech playing in a northern conference.

Reaction Score
If the rumor is true it makes the most sense for Virginia or Cuse! I don't see North Carolina or Georgia Tech playing in a northern conference.
Don't forget the Big 12.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
We are definitely not a lock for the ACC no matter what happens.

Reaction Score
Good point. I think culturally they would prefer the B1G, but SEC is south and does UNC want that? In that case I could see Gt and UVA to B1G. Or who knows maybe we see UVA, UNC to SEC and GT, VT, FSU, Clem, Miami with BYU to B12.

Strong possibility we will be in the same league as LVille again.

Nobody would care if the B1G took BCU or Georgia Tech. I think UNC is choosing between the SEC, ACC and B1G now. When they pick, the next round of dominoes start falling.

Reaction Score
So we're probably a lock for the ACC. Big ****ing whoop. Let's aim higher.
ACC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> current Big "East".

Reaction Score
George O'Leary? Really? The source for massive conference realignment is a C-USA head coach?

Look, it's either going to be 0 or 2. There is no one ACC team, because there's no one else the Big 10 would add (and yeah, I include UConn). Virginia is the key to everything. It makes no sense to add just one, nor does it make sense for that one to be Georgia Tech.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
ACC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> current Big "East".
B!G>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>current and future ACC!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If the B1G is expanding that quickly again, and if it's an ACC school, I have to believe that it's UVA for the reasons several have stated. It is the best B1G candidate in the ACC, and that is a reason for the B1G to act this quickly.

If the B1G is adding more than one, I think BC is a very real possibility. I think it's a terrible pick, even putting bias aside, but I have a bad feeling that it could be true. Kansas would be a much better pick in all respects, but I agree that Kansas will not leave KSU behind, so that makes them a non-starter for the B10. BC would explain Delaney's Southern New England comment, and I also think--as much as I don't agree with it at all--that BC conjures images of a poor man's Notre Dame for some people. I think they are far worse than that, but I know that there used to be some mention of BC as "Notre Dame East" back in the day, and perhaps that is in the mind of the B1G folks, many of whom suffer from Notre Dame envy and are obsessed with trying to destroy it for not joining the B1G.

Not to continue the Debbie Downer thoughts, but I'm also inclined to believe that the ACC would likely continue to look south for replacements.

Yesterday was a bad day for us. The more I've reflected on it, the more I'm coming to believe that it will be a watershed event in the history of UConn athletics, and not in a good way.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Yesterday was a bad day for us. The more I've reflected on it, the more I'm coming to believe that it will be a watershed event in the history of UConn athletics, and not in a good way.

The more I reflect on it, the more I've come to gripes with the Louisville selection. UConn got caught in the wrong place at the wrong time, but that doesn't diminish Louisville's value. It's been beaten to death, but Louisville is simply put a bigger football brand than UConn right now.

If the ACC were to have to expand again, I would have my reservations about UConn securing a bid as well after everything that has happened in the past. However, compare UConn to the competition in Cincinnati, South Florida and even Central Florida. It's very hard seeing us being passed over again.

If we do end up remaining in this mess of a conference, sadly I do agree that it will go down as a watershed event in UConn's history.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
BCU is NOT going to the Big 10. UVa and UNC, and the Big 10 would be crazy not to add them.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Great. Now we're gonna lose Temple from the schedule.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
BCU is NOT going to the Big 10. UVa and UNC, and the Big 10 would be crazy not to add them.
I'm not as convinced about BC myself; I am very convinced about UVA.

The main reason I think BC could be in play is because it makes no sense and would make all of this even worse for UConn; and UConn's demise sure seems to be "trending."

Reaction Score
only thing that will happen if unc and va do go b1g is acc will look like old big east plus a couple teams

Reaction Score
Possibly, but would Miami, FSU support USF or UCF and beyond Cincy what would be remotely appealing?

If the B1G is expanding that quickly again, and if it's an ACC school, I have to believe that it's UVA for the reasons several have stated. It is the best B1G candidate in the ACC, and that is a reason for the B1G to act this quickly.

If the B1G is adding more than one, I think BC is a very real possibility. I think it's a terrible pick, even putting bias aside, but I have a bad feeling that it could be true. Kansas would be a much better pick in all respects, but I agree that Kansas will not leave KSU behind, so that makes them a non-starter for the B10. BC would explain Delaney's Southern New England comment, and I also think--as much as I don't agree with it at all--that BC conjures images of a poor man's Notre Dame for some people. I think they are far worse than that, but I know that there used to be some mention of BC as "Notre Dame East" back in the day, and perhaps that is in the mind of the B1G folks, many of whom suffer from Notre Dame envy and are obsessed with trying to destroy it for not joining the B1G.

Not to continue the Debbie Downer thoughts, but I'm also inclined to believe that the ACC would likely continue to look south for replacements.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
only thing that will happen if unc and va do go b1g is acc will look like old big east plus a couple teams
If you consider USF and Cincy the old big east, I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom