Swaim looking for another ACC team to bolt soon | The Boneyard

Swaim looking for another ACC team to bolt soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Greg Swaim Show (@GSwaim)
11/29/12, 7:36 PM
Word from calls today is that another current #ACC team will announce a move with 7-10 days to the #B1G. This would be a HUGE domino.

I'd guess GT at this point.

Reaction Score
We'd probably get passed over for Cincy, USF or UCF.

Reaction Score
if its uva we are good, if its not, ****
Thinking the same thing, but I really really doubt it's tech. They would be the BC of B1G. The golden headed step child a million miles from all the other members.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
We'd probably get passed over for Cincy, USF or UCF.

If we sit on our hands, we will. Other schools are getting very aggressive and we seem to be doing the opposite (from an athletic standpoint).

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Thinking the same thing, but I really really doubt it's tech. They would be the BC of B1G. The golden headed step child a million miles from all the other members.

if its gtech then we are . if its a school from va, then we have a good chance at b10 and if not we are all set with the acc already. pretty simple. ppl here just wont listen to me and think im crazy becuase i rant and dont give a about typing.

the issue with gtech being wanted by the b10 is it makes so much sense from a cable box perspective but so little from footprint that its hard to get a read on if the b10 is flirting on purpose to move uva or another along or if they really want atlanta....

I hope it's UVA and these quiet rumors about a UVA and UConn play are true!

this!

Reaction Score
Please let it be UVA. If it is GTECH, then the best shot we got is getting stuck in the leftover ACC hell or the old BE.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Please let it be UVA. If it is GTECH, then the best shot we got is getting stuck in the leftover ACC hell or the old BE.

yup or hope that gtech means the b10 is going 18 or 20. but thats years away...

Reaction Score
If its UVA, which is might be, then I agree that is good for us. GT is just too far south.

However, I completely doubt that the BIG10 is going to be expanding once again THIS QUICKLY.

The while UMD $50 million fee issue has to be settled before anything further happens.

Even if they do expand, with the NITWITS we have at the helm, how confident can anyone be that UCONN would be selected anyways. We could get beaten out by Cincy, UCF or USF.

If something does happen, you can rest assured that McFatty Manuel and Suzy Q will be MONITORING the situation from afar. They are allergic to rolling up there sleeves and really really working on getting the job done.

I can just see if now, McFatty Manuel is contacted for comments on further expansion and he's caught reaching for his 12th donut with a bunch of jelly/cream and powered sugar on his big fat face. "Expansion, you mean my waist line or something else?"

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
If its UVA, which is might be, then I agree that is good for us. GT is just too far south.

However, I completely doubt that the BIG10 is going to be expanding once again THIS QUICKLY.

The while UMD $50 million fee issue has to be settled before anything further happens.

Even if they do expand, with the NITWITS we have at the helm, how confident can anyone be that UCONN would be selected anyways. We could get beaten out by Cincy, UCF or USF.

If something does happen, you can rest assured that McFatty Manuel and Suzy Q will be MONITORING the situation from afar. They are allergic to rolling up there sleeves and really really working on getting the job done.

I can just see if now, McFatty Manuel is contacted for comments on further expansion and he's caught reaching for his 12th donut with a bunch of jelly/cream and powered sugar on his big fat face. "Expansion, you mean my waist line or something else?"

I don't *think* Cincinnati because they already have Ohio (the B1G typically likes to spread over several states but you never know, they have Mich/Mich St and NW/Illinois). I also think Florida is too far south for them. I do think the ACC would flirt with USF and/or UCF though. They are actually in big TV markets down there and more "ACC" now, given the conference's ignorance of academics with the addition of UL.

Reaction Score
yup or hope that gtech means the b10 is going 18 or 20. but thats years away...

B1G's deadline is before 2017 to negotiate the new TV deal. I would think they start the process late 2015 to 2016 at latest. They will need their ducks in order and get teams there hopefully by 2014. This is all about grabbing as many cable subs as possible. I just hope CT's 1.15M cable subs along with portion of NYC and Boston markets can get us in. We make the perfect partner for UVA.

They could go to 18 or 20 if there is money to be made. With B1G network, there is money to be made at 18 and 20.

Reaction Score
I don't *think* Cincinnati because they already have Ohio (the B1G typically likes to spread over several states but you never know, they have Mich/Mich St and NW/Illinois). I also think Florida is too far south for them. I do think the ACC would flirt with USF and/or UCF though. They are actually in big TV markets down there and more "ACC" now, given the conference's ignorance of academics with the addition of UL.

Let's hope ACC grabbed UL not because they picked them over us, but because they know B1G is looking at us. Well, at least I hope anyway.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Doubt this. But do Syracuse and Pitt pay the $50M yet? Assuming they don't, if the B1G has interest in either, but they need to move now. Syracuse and UConn would change NY to a major Big Ten town with PSU and RU.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

as far as the md exit fee, i have talked a lot about how md needed to be fit to set the fee at a # etc. but recall the cuse and pitt leaving. they left at the same time, this would be pretty close to same time for 2 acc schools. pitt set the number and cuse followed it. maybe the out of court settlement is coming quick and its time to blast away....

Reaction Score
Doubt this. But do Syracuse and Pitt pay the $50M yet? Assuming they don't, if the B1G has interest in either, but they need to move now. Syracuse and UConn would change NY to a major Big Ten town with PSU and RU.

Syracuse would make sense, but they are a private and not AAU anymore. Pitt has no chance into B1G since B1G already got PSU. UVA would be ideal. If it is GTECH, we might get stuck in the leftover ACC which isn't much better than our current situation assuming FSU/Miami/Clemson all going to the B12. I hope Those 3 plus GTECH are in play for the B12.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

interesting. i still think they are lower on the chain then uva and even uconn for the b10 but this can't be ignored. its a tcu situation so the 50mil i asume doesn't play...

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
if its gtech then we are ****ed. if its a school from va, then we have a good chance at b10 and if not we are all set with the acc already. pretty simple. ppl here just wont listen to me and think im crazy becuase i rant and dont give a **** about typing.

the issue with gtech being wanted by the b10 is it makes so much sense from a cable box perspective but so little from footprint that its hard to get a read on if the b10 is flirting on purpose to move uva or another along or if they really want atlanta....

this!

Crazy doesn't necessary mean inaccurate...HFD for Prez....

#B1GHARDER

Reaction Score
as far as the md exit fee, i have talked a lot about how md needed to be fit to set the fee at a # etc. but recall the cuse and pitt leaving. they left at the same time, this would be pretty close to same time for 2 acc schools. pitt set the number and cuse followed it. maybe the out of court settlement is coming quick and its time to blast away....

Actually, Pitt sued the BE and Cuse is the one who negotiated the amount with the BE. Pitt just followed Cuse once they found out the amount. Would love nothing to go to the B1G and give the middle finger to Pitt who has stabbed us in the back a few times.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Actually, Pitt sued the BE and Cuse is the one who negotiated the amount with the BE. Pitt just followed Cuse once they found out the amount. Would love nothing to go to the B1G and give the middle finger to Pitt who has stabbed us in the back a few times.

so i had it backwards? i remember at the time thinking one of the schools up becuase they could have got it down to 5 and not 7 but i forget it all now...

Reaction Score
It could even be BCU, several rumors and isn't B1G forming its own hockey league and Boston is a hotbed for college hockey

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
It could even be BCU, several rumors and isn't B1G forming its own hockey league and Boston is a hotbed for college hockey

they wont pull bc just for puck. bu just got into the aau. the b10 could add bu as a asscoiate member for academics and puck in a snap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom