Swaim looking for another ACC team to bolt soon | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Swaim looking for another ACC team to bolt soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
It could even be BCU, several rumors and isn't B1G forming its own hockey league and Boston is a hotbed for college hockey

BC is out on too much of an island to be relevant for big-time athletics and add any value to the B1G. UConn is MUCH better positioned to penetrate the #1, #7 and #30 markets. BC can't carry #7 and have proven that year after year.

Reaction Score
It could even be BCU, several rumors and isn't B1G forming its own hockey league and Boston is a hotbed for college hockey

I remember Mark Blaundschun the Jersey guy mentioned that B1G might be looking at Boston and BC. Would that suck for us? I doubt they take both BCU and us. I think it is one or the other.

Reaction Score
As far as the ACC goes, I would think that the academic block of schools will not cave in for a Cincy (#139) or USF (#170) like they did for Lville. I think they would want Uconn in and stand by that and say "" to the football schools so called. B1G? I still think its a pipe dream....but I guess we can dream.

Reactions: caw

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
all of u are missing the key part of this. he said that 1 acc team is on the move. so who the is the other school going with for 16? well if its 1 acc school then cross the rest off. that leaves uconn and kansas right?

Reaction Score
not really but a name guy. hes not a dude or mhver3 bu hes not jim delany either

Greg Swaim is not reliable, but he is better than nothing. Reading the Washington newspaper, it seems MD and B1G have been negotiating for awhile now. For all we know schools that B1G have been interested in have been talking for months already. MD said they had to sign a B1G confidentiality agreement so I am assuming all the schools have to do the same. I just hope Susan signed one too as well.

Reaction Score
I remember Mark Blaundschun the Jersey guy mentioned that B1G might be looking at Boston and BC. Would that suck for us? I doubt they take both BCU and us. I think it is one or the other.

Va and BC to the B1G and UConn and Cincy to the ACC? Why would either take 1?

Reaction Score
I say if acc calls we say no. Let them take another 160+ academic school

Reaction Score
The ACC would be doing celebratory backflips if the B1G took BC off their hands. BC has a floundering athletic program that is moderately competitive in very few ACC sports and they certainly didn't bring anything to the table in terms of TV viewership.

Dooley

Reaction Score
all of u are missing the key part of this. he said that 1 acc team is on the move. so who the **** is the other school going with for 16? well if its 1 acc school then cross the rest off. that leaves uconn and kansas right?

Those would be my two guesses. Unless they want to revisit Missouri (HIGHLY unlikely).

Dooley

Reaction Score
The ACC would be doing celebratory backflips if the B1G took BC off their hands. BC has a floundering athletic program that is moderately competitive in very few ACC sports and they certainly didn't bring anything to the table in terms of TV viewership.

This 1,000+. The ACC has been regretting that mistake since the first year when they realized BC has a very small fanbase (much smaller than UConn). The ACC would probably consider lowering BC's exit fee just to get rid of them!

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
all of u are missing the key part of this. he said that 1 acc team is on the move. so who the **** is the other school going with for 16? well if its 1 acc school then cross the rest off. that leaves uconn and kansas right?

Kansas won't lead the fight against GOR (nor will KU be allowed to leave KSU to fend for itself).

UVA + CT or HolyCross East.

Reaction Score
My read on the situation IF there were only one team plucked from the acc, is that it would be a nibble to try to pluck UNC ( who I think based upon intuition would be an SEC lean )

1. UVA - it makes too much sense as it is a great academic brand, and great market, and is necessary to get unc. Big rivalry with md makes this a real possibility. And i could see them moving even without UNC.
2. BCU - assuming delaney cannot pry UVA loose, he takes the northern strategy and starts with the Boston market. And maybe jiggles UVA loose in the process.

There is no #3. If unc/gt go it will be a simultaneous transaction, and the latter team only as an enticement to unc, providing another travel partner and ensuring chapel hill is not a geographic outlier. And I don't think gt gets an invite without unc.

I like uconn's odds if only one acc team is taken.

Reaction Score

I agree that two possible western non ACC schools would be Kansas and Missouri. Kansas is a blue blood basketball school; but, they are as bad as UConn in football (the won 1 game this year and it was an I-AA team!) and while Kansas City is an attractive market, it is shrinking just like the Midwest metros. Plus the GOR issue with the XII. Missouri is a lot more attractive (Kansas City and St. Louis); but, that path has already been explored and I can’t see Mizzo leaving the SEC as most expect that the SEC will be one of the 4 super conferences at the end of the day.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
My thought is if for some odd reason the B1G takes BC, does the ACC even bother coming back to New England? My thought is no. They clearly are looking for "Southern" schools and losing BC wouldn't be a big loss for them. They'd probably just admit that the New England market is lost to the B1G and move forward. Yes, it would leave Syracuse alone but I don't think they really care. I really feel that we are not desirable to the ACC. I'm still not buying the B1G pipe dream.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
It really is inhumane so many here have been pushing it. I don't believe it will ever happen.

I'm just protecting my hopes again. I bought into us leaving the conference this week so much that it literally distracted me all day I was so pissed off by the result. I can't get that invested again until I see a legit source report it.

Reaction Score
It really is inhumane so many here have been pushing it. I don't believe it will ever happen.
Who are you to say? We've been mentioned in the media multiple times. Even in B1G territory. One of the things that needs to be done is continue to sway public opinion in B1G regions. Tell them how they'd love a vacation in New England.

Reaction Score
I'm just protecting my hopes again. I bought into us leaving the conference this week so much that it literally distracted me all day I was so pissed off by the result. I can't get that invested again until I see a legit source report it.

Exactly.

Reaction Score
Va and BC to the B1G and UConn and Cincy to the ACC? Why would either take 1?

Can’t see the BIG taking BC. It’s private. It’s Catholic (see ND). It’s relatively small (9,000 undergraduates, about the size of Northwestern). It’s is not an AAU school and doesn’t have the research commitment to get there (Boston U is). The Eagles are a ‘minor’ sports team in its TV market. Their football program has more problems that UConn’s (DOA coach, poor record, worse facilities) and their basketball program is several steps behind UConn. Syracuse would be a more ‘logical’ fit (whatever that means nowadays) or Pitt; but, Pitt has the Penn State problem.

Reaction Score
Rutgers fans have more cojones than we do. That is pathetic.

Reaction Score
Brandon Helwig (@UCFSports)
11/29/12, 8:20 PM
UCF coach George O'Leary said on his radio show tonight that more conference realignment will occur "big time within the next month."

11/29/12, 8:21 PM
O'Leary on more conference changes: "You'll see one conference raided pretty well. When that happens everybody is going to bump up a story."

11/29/12, 8:22 PM
O'Leary didn't offer specifics, but there's plenty of chatter that the Big Ten might not be finished with the ACC.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Nobody would care if the B1G took BCU or Georgia Tech. I think UNC is choosing between the SEC, ACC and B1G now. When they pick, the next round of dominoes start falling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom