Super Bowl | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
THERE ARE NO GIFTS AT THIS LEVEL OF FOOTBALL. ALL OF YOU SAYING THIS NEVER PLAYED THE GAME. YOUR ANALYTICAL PROCESS OF SITTING HIGH UP IN YOUR OFFICE AND SAYING THIS AND THAT IS NONSENSE. GAME IS ON THE FIELD WITH NO GUARANTEES THE BEAST GETS IN. FUNNY THAT ALL YOUR CRITIQUE IS ANTI PATRIOTS AND THEY WERE JUST HANDED A VICTORY. SOUND LIKE CUSE FANS LAST YEAR SAYING WE WEREN'T WORTHY WITH TWISTED IDEAS TO PROVE THEIR POINT. PATRIOT FANS REJOICE AND SCREW THE HATERS.

donyell, stop the screaming. I will say this, you as a Pats fan need to read your own message and try to understand, you guys are the reason people whine about "gifts". For years now as a Giants fan I have heard about "if it weren't for David Tyree's catch" a million plus times. If indeed Tyree's catch was a fluke and a gift to the Giants, you rec'd one also most recently. But if there are no gifts in football and you do actually earn them, then remind your Pats friends of that. Because now the thing is "if Tyree didn't catch it we'd have 5"!!

Sorry it will never go away that's how Pats/Sox fans roll. But nice try. - Merry Christmas!

Reaction Score
donyell, stop the screaming. I will say this, you as a Pats fan need to read your own message and try to understand, you guys are the reason people whine about "gifts". For years now as a Giants fan I have heard about "if it weren't for David Tyree's catch" a million plus times. If indeed Tyree's catch was a fluke and a gift to the Giants, you rec'd one also most recently. But if there are no gifts in football and you do actually earn them, then remind your Pats friends of that. Because now the thing is "if Tyree didn't catch it we'd have 5"!!

Sorry it will never go away that's how Pats/Sox fans roll. But nice try. - Merry Christmas!

I've never heard a Patriots fan say that the Giants weren't the better team or that they didn't deserve to win. This would be a first, if someone believes that. I also think Patriots fans know that the Seahawks blew the game spectacularly. And that the Kearse catch was as fluky as the Tyree catch. Earned, deserved, on the final series has little to do with it at that point. Nicks caught a TD on an all out blitz, while I think Belichick goaded Carroll into throwing it. The Seahawks HAD TO throw it one out of 4 downs on that series. And they had to do it either on 2nd down or 3rd down. In that sense, you have to also credit Malcolm Butler too.

Reaction Score
Butler gets all of the credit in the world, no one can deny that, great defensive play. But Im not sure where you live but I still hear about Tyree's catch to this day - and a lot.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
It blows my mind that this is an actual thought being expressed by people.
You have a mind? Wow! Only saying that because you haven't demonstrated it so far. Try using it instead of your lips, you'll get further. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
THERE ARE NO GIFTS AT THIS LEVEL OF FOOTBALL. ALL OF YOU SAYING THIS NEVER PLAYED THE GAME. YOUR ANALYTICAL PROCESS OF SITTING HIGH UP IN YOUR OFFICE AND SAYING THIS AND THAT IS NONSENSE. GAME IS ON THE FIELD WITH NO GUARANTEES THE BEAST GETS IN. FUNNY THAT ALL YOUR CRITIQUE IS ANTI PATRIOTS AND THEY WERE JUST HANDED A VICTORY. SOUND LIKE CUSE FANS LAST YEAR SAYING WE WEREN'T WORTHY WITH TWISTED IDEAS TO PROVE THEIR POINT. PATRIOT FANS REJOICE AND SCREW THE HATERS.

Can you make that font size bigger I cant see.

Reaction Score
I haven't seen many people chime in on Russell Wilson's role here. I'm not saying he's a not great quarterback. He is and he's one of the best in the NFL at this stage of his career. But being the general on the field, he doesn't get a free pass on this one.

He could have done a few things differently when lining up. Calling a timeout, change the route to a fade instead of trying to thread the needle in a tight spot.

On another note, some people are already penciling in the Seahawks for next year's Super Bowl. Not so fast.

Extensions to Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch. Their entire defensive secondary with the exception of 1 will have some sort of off season surgery.

Reaction Score
I haven't seen many people chime in on Russell Wilson's role here. I'm not saying he's a not great quarterback. He is and he's one of the best in the NFL at this stage of his career. But being the general on the field, he doesn't get a free pass on this one.

He could have done a few things differently when lining up. Calling a timeout, change the route to a fade instead of trying to thread the needle in a tight spot.

On another note, some people are already penciling in the Seahawks for next year's Super Bowl. Not so fast.

Extensions to Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch. Their entire defensive secondary with the exception of 1 will have some sort of off season surgery.

The Seahawks had the matchup they wanted. They couldn't have drawn it up any better. If anything, Wilson should have been looking at Butler to see what he was doing presnap. Butler backed off. That might have been a tell.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
HAHAHAHAHAHA

yeah, okay.
I'm a Pats fan living in the NYC metro area. Those loses sucked because I had to take a whole lot of gloating/celebrating locally. FWIW, I've never said the Giants wins weren't earned. They are particularly painful to me, but the Giants were the better team...twice.

Reaction Score
upstater said:
I've never heard a Patriots fan say that the Giants weren't the better team or that they didn't deserve to win. This would be a first, if someone believes that. I also think Patriots fans know that the Seahawks blew the game spectacularly. And that the Kearse catch was as fluky as the Tyree catch. Earned, deserved, on the final series has little to do with it at that point. Nicks caught a TD on an all out blitz, while I think Belichick goaded Carroll into throwing it. The Seahawks HAD TO throw it one out of 4 downs on that series. And they had to do it either on 2nd down or 3rd down. In that sense, you have to also credit Malcolm Butler too.

No they didn't - it doesn't take longer than 20 seconds to set back up on the goal line in a hurry up. Not like the receivers have to sprint back from way downfield. They are walking back three steps. You can do two quick plunges/QB sneaks, and if you are stopped, wait for the clock to get down to 2 seconds. Call a timeout, and one play for all the marbles with no squib kick needed. Or, plunge once, call the timeout, and then call the last two plays during the timeout. That would leave time for an audible, even. You may not have time to run new personnel out on the field, but if you believe in your ability to pick up a yard with the Super Bowl on the line, you don't need to. Get the big hosses out there and go get a trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom