#19 Ariz St @ #10 Ore St
PAC

#23 Minn @ Nebraska ESPN2

USC @ UCLA PAC

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Michigan State-Rutgers will be on BTN Plus. Pretty limited viewership there.

A rather uninspiring lineup for ESPN:
Penn St-Maryland at 2
A&M-Georgia at 4
Minnesota-Nebraska at 6

I cringe when I think about the quality of basketball that casual channel-surfers will come across tomorrow.

Sad that the two matchups between ranked teams are on platforms that relatively few people have.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Big Tenleven games -

Yucky.jpeg

Plebe

Reaction Score
It's nice for NC State to get a rare TV appearance today, so I don't have to watch the game on computer. For many WBB fans, this might be the first time they get to see NC State.

Not related...but NCAA.com wrote a nice little article about the Wolfpack Women.

N.C. State stands alone as the only undefeated team in this wild women's basketball season | NCAA.com
Rare TV appearance? Today's game is on the ACC Network, same as all their home games, right? I know a lot of the ACC games are also co-broadcast on the Fox regional networks.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Rare TV appearance? Today's game is on the ACC Network, same as all their home games, right? I know a lot of the ACC games are also co-broadcast on the Fox regional networks.

I don;t know what ACC network you are watching (it's not supposed to start until August 2019) but unless WBB are being broadcast on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU or a regional network or SEC network, I don't get those games on my cable system.
This will be only the second NC State women's basketball game broadcast in my area this season.

ETA: I forgot about the Michigan game earlier in the season that was broadcast on CBS Sports. So, this will be three TV appearances. I normally have to watch their games on WatchESPN.com.

Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score
I don;t know what ACC network you are watching (it's not supposed to start until August 2019) but unless WBB are being broadcast on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU or a regional network or SEC network, I don't get those games on my cable system.
This will be only the second NC State women's basketball game broadcast in my area this season.
What channel is it being broadcast on in your area? Just curious.

Right now the ACC Network* offers programming online through an ESPN subscription, much like the "SEC Network Plus" or "ESPN3" does. I'm able to watch it through Sling TV.

I'm also seeing that today's VaTech-NCSt game is showing on Fox Sports Southwest, which the Fox regional sports network in my area.

*Edit to add: I see that this online programming is technically called "ACC Network Extra." Which I guess distinguishes it from the official "ACC Network" set to launch later this year.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Our Fox affilitate is Fox Sports South affiliate shows women's ACC/SEC games here on Thursdays and Sundays; one game from each conference on Thursdays and then usually two games from each conference on Sundays. I do have access to some other Fox Regional networks but NC State is rarely ever shown on one of them.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
It's nice for NC State to get a rare TV appearance today, so I don't have to watch the game on computer. For many WBB fans, this might be the first time they get to see NC State.

Not related...but NCAA.com wrote a nice little article about the Wolfpack Women.

N.C. State stands alone as the only undefeated team in this wild women's basketball season | NCAA.com
Ok, as the one NC State fan I am aware of, what are your thoughts on what is prompting VolNation to think Wes Moore would JUMP at the chance to coach the Lady Vols if that position were to come open? My 10,000 foot view is at age 61 and having gained significant traction now at NC State in a MUCH TOUGHER ACC, he would not want to leave. What are your thoughts?

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Ok, as the one NC State fan I am aware of, what are your thoughts on what is prompting VolNation to think Wes Moore would JUMP at the chance to coach the Lady Vols if that position were to come open? My 10,000 foot view is at age 61 and having gained significant traction now at NC State in a MUCH TOUGHER ACC, he would not want to leave. What are your thoughts?

I have also been monitoring VolNation and The Summitt and am mystified at their thinking he would be easy to lure away from NC State. To be honest...things are unraveling so quickly at Tennessee now, I have never ever thought Coach Moore would leave and that he would retire at NC State; he has us on the verge of reaching the next level. I'm sure NC State will do whatever they can to keep him; our AD, Dr. Debbie Yow, is sister to the late, great Kay Yow and wants WBB to achieve high levels of success.

His wife is from Raleigh and Moore was an assistant coach at NC State for a short time in the early 1990s, so I just cannot believe he will leave NC State, especially with the program he has built in Raleigh.

Plebe

Reaction Score
This Virginia Tech-NC State game is one of the most intriguing of the day. Virginia Tech has started off 0-4 in ACC play after going undefeated against a weak OOC schedule. NC State is the only remaining undefeated team in D-I, but still somewhat unproven: their best wins have been over Michigan State, Michigan and Duke.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
4:29 let 1st quarter...VaTech is off to a 9-4 lead.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Virginia Tech came out playing well but NC State's making a charge now. Some big plays by Kiara Leslie and now an and-one by DD Rogers, pulls State back to within 1.

Taylor Emery was on the bench during that run (maybe because she picked up a foul), but just came back on with an answer bucket. 16-13 end of 1Q.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I have to give NC State fans some credit. I don't know what their attendance figures are like, but just watching it on TV they sound loud and engaged. Great environment for a game.

Reaction Score
If Moore were younger absolutely he'd be a candidate for TN. He makes 200k less than HW.
And remember these are competitive people. The chance to return glory to Knx? That's a great challenge.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
4:07 left 2nd quarter...NC State holds a 27-26 lead. Va Tech 4 of 8 from THREE. NC State has started to speed up VaTech; the Hokies have not been able to handle that in previous ACC games.

VaTech is shooting better than any team has yet against NC State so far this season. I hope they'll cool down going forward.

Plebe

Reaction Score
It's really a high quality game. Both teams are well coached, it really shows. My gosh, the contrast with what we see in any Tennessee game ... it doesn't even look like the same sport.

Plebe

Reaction Score
If Moore were younger absolutely he'd be a candidate for TN. He makes 200k less than HW.
And remember these are competitive people. The chance to return glory to Knx? That's a great challenge.
NC State is really getting a bargain with Moore, and they better be drafting his extension and raise right now, if they care at all about WBB...

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Kai Crutchfield for THREE...33-26, Pack. Timeout Va Tech...2:38 left 2nd quarter.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Both teams are really hot from 3. VT is 4-8, NCSt is 4-9.

Virginia Tech starting to gain the edge, up 7 late in 2Q. Kenny Brooks calls timeout.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Haftime: NC State leads VaTech, 33-28. Ace Konig leading all scorers with 13 points for NC State...Kiara Leslie with 11.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I have to give NC State fans some credit. I don't know what their attendance figures are like, but just watching it on TV they sound loud and engaged. Great environment for a game.
what channel is the NC State game on? I got a free 7 day trial for slingtv and can see the ND-BC game but not the NC State game.

Plebe

Reaction Score
That may be the first time I've seen an interview of Coach Brooks. He's an impressive guy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom