Sunday (3/24) games: NCAA 2nd round | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Sunday (3/24) games: NCAA 2nd round

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
In case you weren't watching, the Huskies won! Now that I'm coming down from the ledge, which of the games should be the best? Miss-Clemson or Oregon-Indi? Currently watching that latter.

This one is looking like a dandy. No back down at all from the Hoosiers. Battled back after being down 7 and up 4 now.

Reaction Score
Come on Canes
Hey Triaddukefan, you pointed out earlier to me that Miami was no "UCF" when I predicted ASU would beat Miami. You may have not factored into your analysis before your post that ASU is a darn good basketball team, and, ASU is the only team to beat Oregon State's in Gill Coliseum (so far) this season. ASU took down Miami, on Miami's home court. This is the Miami team that beat Notre Dame & Louisville. PAC-12 conference games prepare our PAC-12 teams very well for the NCAA Tournament. Defense also travels well in the NCAA Tournament. Go PAC-12!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Its gotten really salty on this board with Miss St lately

No Salt.... I wanted them to win vs ND in the WCBB championship game.... it was their one chance to win a championship in a NCAA sport... and the refs took it away from them. Lord knows they will never win anything in football or men's basketball.

Reaction Score
Are we certain that they would finish ahead of NC State? After all, the best team they've beaten this year is South Carolina.

We played NC State last year in the Sweet 16, but I don't know how many players they have back this year. I know they've had a lot of injuries, so I'm assuming it's a different team than the one we played last year.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Hey Triaddukefan, you pointed out earlier to me that Miami was no "UCF" when I predicted ASU would beat Miami. You may have not factored into your analysis before your post that ASU is a darn good basketball team, and, ASU is the only team to beat Oregon State's in Gill Coliseum (so far) this season. ASU took down Miami, on Miami's home court. This is the Miami team that beat Notre Dame & Louisville. PAC-12 conference games prepare our PAC-12 teams very well for the NCAA Tournament. Defense also travels well in the NCAA Tournament. Go PAC-12!

Ha, I figured you were somewhere feeling very pleased about this game. You've been predicting ASU would do some damage in the Tourney all year.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Oregon roaring back, 9-0 run, 7 by Ionescu (back to back 3's and one of them was a 4 point play).

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Its gotten really salty on this board with Miss St lately
I used to root for them, and I sure as heck wanted them to beat ND last year. But this year, let's just say the presence of some MSU fans on this board has been ... less than endearing. Funny how that changes things.

Reaction Score
No Salt.... I wanted them to win vs ND in the WCBB championship game.... it was their one chance to win a championship in a NCAA sport... and the refs took it away from them. Lord knows they will never win anything in football or men's basketball.

Baseball and WBB are their best bets

I always did laugh when people thought Miss St would be better after Dan Mullen left...

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
Cazorla such a pretty pass to Hebard. Ducks 33 - Hoosers 28
Also Ionescu having a pretty good night.

Reaction Score
Baseball and WBB are their best bets

I always did laugh when people thought Miss St would be better after Dan Mullen left...

Yep, Miss St. baseball has had some amazing baseball teams over the years, similar to FSU, no titles :(

Reaction Score

Yup, the only chances we have are in baseball and women's basketball. Surprisingly, we have a very good men's tennis team but not quite NC level. We've had several NC caliber baseball teams but have never been able to win that final game. Most of our fans think the school is cursed.

Reaction Score
We played NC State last year in the Sweet 16, but I don't know how many players they have back this year. I know they've had a lot of injuries, so I'm assuming it's a different team than the one we played last year.
Do you think this year’s MSU team is better than last year’s? I don’t.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I actually picked ASU to win as well. For some reason they (miami) cant make it to the Sweet 16..... even with good teams. Like clockwork... every year they let me down Head bang

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
During the commercial break I did some research on Wikipedia and it turns out Amanda Butler is not related to Brett Butler, the 90s comedian whom she resembles if Brett hasn't aged since the 90s. Turns out Brett's original surname was Andersen.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
People have been falling off Sabrina's bandwagon recently. Today she's reminding everybody that she's pretty good.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Ha, I figured you were somewhere feeling very pleased about this game. You've been predicting ASU would do some damage in the Tourney all year.

I remember in my Greensboro thread.... someone mentioned them going to Portland. Though not as a conference champion or a #1 seed..... those desert devils will be playing in Portland this weekend. :oops:

Reaction Score
States D is not what is was last year, although they potentially can be as potent offensively or moreso but....

Miss St losing Bibby IMO dramatically impacts them as they hit the elite 8 stage and further. I still think the path State has they are more than capable of making that final four. But losing the caliber player Bibby is, is a big time loss. She was on a whole other level this year, offensively and defensively.

Not as good as last years but still very good. Up to AEH and Scott to step up if they want to go really far in this tournament.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I remember in my Greensboro thread.... someone mentioned them going to Portland. Though not as a conference champion or a #1 seed..... those desert devils will be playing in Portland this weekend. :oops:

Well, somebody w/ a demonic mascot had to represent this year. :rolleyes:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
43-31 Oregon at the half. Ionescu w/ 17 (3-4 behind the arc).

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
Duck 43-Hoosers 31 at the half. I've had some doubts about Sabrina but she's very good tonight.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom