Sunday (3/24) games: NCAA 2nd round | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Sunday (3/24) games: NCAA 2nd round

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Indiana is hanging tough. I don't think they have enough firepower to catch up but they are acquitting themselves well.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Yeah I know he's a love-him-or-hate-him kinda guy, but I'm a fan as well.
He's funny at first but week in, week out, his shtick gets so tired. If I wanted to listen to third tier stand up comedy I'd be watching comedy central not ESPN.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Oregon extended the lead quickly from 11 or 12 out to 19. The 3 ball is dropping for them today.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Now 21 and Indiana's coach just got T'd up. Kinda too late to inspire the troops to rally I think.

Reaction Score
If I’m MSST, I’m putting McCowan and Espinoza-Hunter on the same side and letting he throw a post entry. Teams sag off Holmes and Danberry so much. Clemson’s two bigs have 4 a piece.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Don't look now, but Ionescu is 1 rebound from another triple double.

edit--ESPN box score is ahead of the tv broadcast; she got #8 and #9 in about 10 seconds

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
She got it. Tracked down her own missed 3.

Reaction Score
The way Ionescu answered her interview questions after the game sounds as if she’s declaring.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
The way Ionescu answered her interview questions after the game sounds as if she’s declaring.

Kinda. It was a non answer though, the announcers were trying to get her to tip her hand on her plans for next year.

Reaction Score
McGowan needs to be careful with these stair downs. She is gonna get Td for one if she doesn’t.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Looking ahead to tomorrow, there are only 2 start times for all the games. What? Back to whip around coverage and missing a lot of games. Why? They had games during the morning and early afternoon on Friday, why not on Monday? Last day of opening weekend is totally getting the short straw.

edit--oops, Stanford-BYU is in it's own time slot; too late for most East Coasters probably

Last edited:

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
Loved the subtle slam by LaChina about Bill Walton in the Oregon women's game. Man he's insufferable to listen to.
I caught that! LaChina went on a bit long about her nicknames for each regional, and apologized for it. Dave Pasch said that's okay. Then he (or was it LaChina?) said that Dave is used to long-winded broadcast partners, obviously referring to Bill Walton. And LaChina said she was glad she and Dave are still friends. ROTFL! I've suffered through way too many Pac-12 games with Walton and his tired shtick taking the place of actual game commentary -- and with Pasch sounding about ready to strangle him. Actually one game is way too many.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
edit--oops, Stanford-BYU is in its own time slot; too late for most East Coasters probably
Pac-12 After Dark hits women's basketball now too. I like having our own slot, though, really.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
States D is not what is was last year, although they potentially can be as potent offensively or moreso but....

Miss St losing Bibby IMO dramatically impacts them as they hit the elite 8 stage and further. I still think the path State has they are more than capable of making that final four. But losing the caliber player Bibby is, is a big time loss. She was on a whole other level this year, offensively and defensively.

Not as good as last years but still very good. Up to AEH and Scott to step up if they want to go really far in this tournament.

No doubt. We're missing that other 3 point threat. Clemson surrounded Teira with 3 people most of the night. You need ONE more 3 pt threat in case AEH or Breamber Scott is having an off night. Plus it allows you to balance the floor with shooters, like last year. Couldn't help off Blair, Ro, Victoria or Morgan last year. People dare Jazz and Jordan to shoot.

And for the record, Plebe, some of these MSU fans on here puffing out their chest like we invented women's basketball need to heed my advice...."Quit acting like Ole Miss baseball fans!" They'll know what that means.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah but all their fans on this board let us know that didn't count because they didn't play very well and Oregon just got lucky.

Not me. Can I be labled "the sane" MSU fan? I am the one who had us 5th behind Baylor, ND, UConn, and Louisville. Making the Final Four would be icing on the cake for me this year. This team is Elite 8 and MAYBE Final Four. That's our ceiling.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Not me. Can I be labled "the sane" MSU fan? I am the one who had us 5th behind Baylor, ND, UConn, and Louisville. Making the Final Four would be icing on the cake for me this year. This team is Elite 8 and MAYBE Final Four. That's our ceiling.

Ha, sorry, I should have said "several of their fans" rather than "all."

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Oregon may survive this game, but I'm very concerned about their prospects for the rest of the tournament if they don't get Taylor Chavez back from injury.

Oregon hasn't looked anywhere near the same team that blew out Stanford in early February, which just also happens to be the last full game that Chavez played in.

Without her, their backcourt has absolutely no depth. When Yaeger is your first guard off the bench, you're in trouble.

I agree. Her contributions, whatever her stats, were crucial (the game we were lucky to win last November is one example), and she has been sorely missed since the Stanford game. The fact that Hebard injured her knee (and continues to be less than 100%) in the very next game hasn't helped as well. Chavez is walking without a limp or any sort of support that I can see, so perhaps she will be back by next weekend. If not, I think Oregon's chances of going forward will have taken a major hit.

I realize this doesn't mean anything, but the Ducks have played all of the remaining teams in their bracket: 3 in November/December (Syracuse, South Dakota State, and MST) and another (Arizona State x 2) during the Pac 12 season. I assume that's something of a rarity.

Reaction Score
You think Miss State is better than ND and Louisville
Do you think this year’s MSU team is better than last year’s? I don’t.
still to be answered but I think this team has the potential to win the NC. As for ND/Louisville, I see no chance that MSST plays Louisville and if we do play ND it will be for the NC!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Dang, Indiana player who is from Portland and has a bunch of friends and family at the game just limped off the court. Hate to see that.

edit--Yeaney
I went back and watched the play. I got the impression that she tore her Achilles. :( So sad to see that.

Bendu Yeaney was a major reason why Indiana surged late in the season and were able to snag a bid. I wish her a speedy recovery.

Reaction Score
still to be answered but I think this team has the potential to win the NC. As for ND/Louisville, I see no chance that MSST plays Louisville and if we do play ND it will be for the NC!

If we play ND, they will expose how bad our transition D is. Our full court press will become a liability against better teams.

Reaction Score
If we play ND, they will expose how bad our transition D is. Our full court press will become a liability against better teams.
You may be correct, I remember Marquette transition game and that gave us fits. Both our losses have been to teams that were hot for long range and I suspect we will hang well with ND unless they are hitting from outside. The team I think would give us problems is UConn because they have the transition and outside shooting. However, My dream match for the NC is UConn vs MSST, my two favorite teams.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
You may be correct, I remember Marquette transition game and that gave us fits. Both our losses have been to teams that were hot for long range and I suspect we will hang well with ND unless they are hitting from outside. The team I think would give us problems is UConn because they have the transition and outside shooting. However, My dream match for the NC is UConn vs MSST, my two favorite teams.

Uh, Oregon was 5 of 12 from 3 in the MSU game. That doesn't qualify as hot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom