Sunday (3/24) games: NCAA 2nd round | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Sunday (3/24) games: NCAA 2nd round

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Oregon may survive this game, but I'm very concerned about their prospects for the rest of the tournament if they don't get Taylor Chavez back from injury.

Oregon hasn't looked anywhere near the same team that blew out Stanford in early February, which just also happens to be the last full game that Chavez played in.

Without her, their backcourt has absolutely no depth. When Yaeger is your first guard off the bench, you're in trouble.

Reaction Score
Yep.

I am a big Miss St fan and think they have a great team. I am not sure though they are on Notre Dames level though right now. Not saying ND would beat them down but I think ND is definitely the better team right now. ND has been steam rolling everyone this back part of the year.

But hey that is why we play the games....

Reaction Score
Oregon may survive this game, but I'm very concerned about their prospects for the rest of the tournament if they don't get Taylor Chavez back from injury.

Oregon hasn't looked anywhere near the same team that blew out Stanford in early February, which just also happens to be the last full game that Chavez played in.

Without her, their backcourt has absolutely no depth. When Yaeger is your first guard off the bench, you're in trouble.

They still have Cazorla that can get crazy hot from outside. That is handful when Sabrina gets going also.

Plebe

Reaction Score
They still have Cazorla that can get crazy hot from outside. That is handful when Sabrina gets going also.
Cazorla isn't a bench player.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Oh wait, they did play a top 10 team, in one game ... and they lost.

Yeah but all their fans on this board let us know that didn't count because they didn't play very well and Oregon just got lucky.

Reaction Score
Do you think this year’s MSU team is better than last year’s? I don’t.

I honestly don't know right now. I want to see us play in the Elite 8 if we make it that far. We have better athletes this year, but last year's team had better chemistry and a true alpha in Vivians who was willing to put the team on her back.

This year's team is not tested. Best win was at South Carolina. Probably not really a 1 seed. I think this team could be better than last year's team if they had played together longer, but Vic kind of cut and pasted them together with some transfers.

So I guess I'm in wait and see mode. I'm usually pretty harsh on our teams, but this team has shown me some fight recently that I didn't think they were capable of at the beginning of the year. They've looked a lot better lately, but that could be fool's gold with the teams they've played.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Yeah but all their fans on this board let us know that didn't count because they didn't play very well and Oregon just got lucky.
Oh yeah, for a second there I almost forgot about the hundreds of posts in that refrain, most of which were longer than your average college essay :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

This board didn’t exist at that time!

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Dang, Indiana player who is from Portland and has a bunch of friends and family at the game just limped off the court. Hate to see that.

edit--Yeaney

Last edited:
Reaction Score
People have been falling off Sabrina's bandwagon recently. Today she's reminding everybody that she's pretty good.

She'll be fine. Just in a little slump maybe. As an aside, she's good friends with Blair Schaefer.

Reaction Score
Miss St losing Bibby IMO dramatically impacts them as they hit the elite 8 stage and further. I still think the path State has they are more than capable of making that final four.

It will get real if we make it to the Elite 8. Gonna be interesting. We will either get exposed or prove we deserved the 1 seed.

Reaction Score
Amanda Butler wasn't very good at Florida but Florida has been really really bad since she has left

Curious how Clemson will be next year

Reaction Score
You are obviously a fan but not a graduate of msu

Not going to get into personal attacks with you. Our family will have the fourth generation starting at State this fall. 70 plus years of support.

Reaction Score
Looks like Oregon is pulling away

Sabrina with a double double, 24 points

Plebe

Reaction Score
Oregon men and women both playing at the same time, both doing well for now.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Loved the subtle slam by LaChina about Bill Walton in the Oregon women's game. Man he's insufferable to listen to.

Shoot, I missed that. I have the game on but not listening very closely.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom