Sunday (3/24) games: NCAA 2nd round | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Sunday (3/24) games: NCAA 2nd round

Reaction Score
FSU will be very good next season and they will have pretty good depth, especially if the freshmen are ready to play. Two of their 2019 recruits had UConn interest, so I’m going to guess they are pretty good and both were McDonald’s All-Americans. Nicoletti is a lot of fun to watch, so I’m excited for her to be playing next year too. Really nice year for them despite the shortage of players.

Reaction Score
I found it really strange that the announcers were talking in the 4th quarter about how Mizzou had not been to the charity stripe and just like magic about 6 foul calls against Iowa to try and make the game interesting again.
Mizzou lacks offensive weapons, besides Cunningham of course. Amber Smith gave them some good scoring, but their guards don’t do a whole lot. They really missed their freshman PG, Akira Levy, who went down woth an ACL near the end of SEC I believe?

Reaction Score
SC deserved to lose this game. FSU completely out hustled and killed SC on the glass. FSU missed way to many chip shots. I blame Dawn for not starting Harrigan the second half when they had a seven point lead to try and stretch it out. She let her sit almost the entire 3rd quarter until the game was tied. SC problem will be magnified next week against Baylor.

Reaction Score
SC deserved to lose this game. FSU completely out hustled and killed SC on the glass. FSU missed way to many chip shots. I blame Dawn for not starting Harrigan the second half when they had a seven point lead to try and stretch it out. She let her sit almost the entire 3rd quarter until the game was tied. SC problem will be magnified next week against Baylor.

Harrigan was on FIRE when she was in.

Reaction Score
The future is bright for FSU with all those Freshmen and Sophomores. I wished we would have got Morgan Jones. She is going to be a special player.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
On Ty's 3 point play drive I am not sure it was a foul but Kiki definitely got shoved in the back before the tech. It was obvious I am surprised no one on this board saw it. You couldn't see it from the replay back view but from the side it was obvious.
Yes, that was the frustration foul I noted.

The T was unnecessary in my opinion, though. It was a player expressing frustration verbally

Reaction Score
I was at the Marquette- A&M game and it was at the other end ... but I was surprised that Kieger used her last timeout with 8.7 left and Hiedeman working the left baseline.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I feel so sorry for that one Marquette player who lost it during the press conference. It must be incredibly tough to have to face reporters after a tough loss like that, knowing your career is over.
These season-ending news conferences for the losing team are always killer to watch.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
ASU-Miami already w/ a lengthy review less than 2 minutes into the game. Egads. ASU not looking offensively challenged so far, they're hitting shots.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
ASU is giving up too many O boards but otherwise looking good. Miami isn't really capitalizing. 16-9 under 2 minutes to go in Q1, Sun Devils leading. All Pac 12 fans know, they aren't a fun team to play against.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Miami taking control in Q2, 10-2 run to take a 1 point lead.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Not WCBB related... but basketball related...... i almost had an heart attack ... college basketball is stressful in March. Good gosh... lawd hammercy...... guess all the junk ive talked about UCF over the years... almost came back to haunt me in the worst way.
denzel.gif

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Not WCBB related... but basketball related. i almost had an heart attack ... college basketball is stressful in March. Good gosh... lawd hammercy. guess all the junk ive talked about UCF over the years... almost came back to haunt me in the worst way.
View attachment 41336

Refs really gift-wrapped it for Duke. Shove in the back by Barrett to get the game-winning O-board, somehow gets no-called by the refs. Just wow.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Refs really gift-wrapped it for Duke. Shove in the back by Barrett to get the game-winning O-board, somehow gets no-called by the refs. Just wow.

I'll have to watch the replay. On another note... if Duke men never play a game in the state of South Carolina again..... I'll be fine. :eek:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
28-26 Miami at the half. Ugly game, but that's what ASU does to you. Mompremier owning the glass w/ 15 already, but only 4 points. Hof has been really quiet so far, hasn't scored yet.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If that UCF basket would have gone in.... i wouldnt care about this WCBB tournament until next saturday. Guess ill calm down by watching this Miami game.

28-26 Miami at the half. Ugly game, but that's what ASU does to you. Mompremier owning the glass w/ 15 already, but only 4 points. Hof has been really quiet so far, hasn't scored yet.

your men's team let me down today..... I had my husky hats all ready to wear tomorrow... but alas....

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Did UCONN take their foot off the accelerator? Only up 15 against Buffalo at the half? They were up 13-0 when I went back to the Duke/UCF game.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
your men's team let me down today..... I had my husky hats all ready to wear tomorrow... but alas....

They did well just to stay in it in the 1st half. There was no chance they were gonna take out Carolina today.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Montpremier might get that rebound record..... alot of bricks being thrown up by both sides.... .... she might get 30

They did well just to stay in it in the 1st half. There was no chance they were gonna take out Carolina today.

I know.... wishful thinking on my part. I actually had them losing to Utah State in the first round.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Miami stretched their lead to 8, ASU got it down to 2, back up to 6. Could be a first to 50 wins game. 38-32 w/ about 3 minutes left in Q3.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Ekmark is trying to heat up. She's hit a couple 3's in Q3, but has missed several as well.

Both teams starting to score a bit more now. 43-38 ASU ball 37 sec. left in the quarter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom