Summer transfers | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Summer transfers

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Sure, yet Dixon's future is more likely similar to non-athletes and the overwhelming majority of football-playing athletes; a regular job not playing football on a gridiron field. In any case, I wish him well in eastern Kentucky and beyond ...

lol i’ll take his chances on playing professionally over almost every player on UConn’s current roster.

sure it might be canada but please watch a game.

C

Chief00

I have been meaning to bring up that very point. I'm not sure he really was the lead on any other recruits in his brief time here. I'm sure he suggested many players to Edsall and i'm going to guess that Edsall didn't agree with the assessment. They probably weren't far apart about a kids athletic ability, just how to handle that kid once in the program and what is the right way to court the kid. I could see them disagreeing over which kids are the ones worth taking an academic risk on as well.
They disagreed on a lot.

Reaction Score
lol i’ll take his chances on playing professionally over almost every player on UConn’s current roster.

sure it might be canada but please watch a game.

From the Opinion that that OVC is a fair equivalent of the AAC

If Dixon was from my neighborhood in Connecticut, and he had the same choices set ... you tell him to go UALBANY or Stony Brook or UNH. James Madison. How do you get beyond Harlan County & fentanyl back to Greater NYC to Boston professional jobs. From Eastern Kentucky. And CFL? Gosh.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
From the Opinion that that OVC is a fair equivalent of the AAC

If Dixon was from my neighborhood in Connecticut, and he had the same choices set ... you tell him to go UALBANY or Stony Brook or UNH. James Madison. How do you get beyond Harlan County & fentanyl back to Greater NYC to Boston professional jobs. From Eastern Kentucky. And CFL? Gosh.

you worry about the dumbest stuff.

nobody cares if you went to Eastern Kentucky or New Hampshire.

you should let Tim Boyle know what a big mistake it was to not pick Albany.

you ever notice how few college football players work professional white collar jobs in big fancy cities?

Reaction Score
you worry about the dumbest stuff.

nobody cares if you went to Eastern Kentucky or New Hampshire.

you should let Tim Boyle know what a big mistake it was to not pick Albany.

you ever notice how few college football players work professional white collar jobs in big fancy cities?

You never think like a parent. Why is that

(O yeah)

Boyle is a unique case. However ... ’ing academics (remember Student Athletes) is FAR better at CAA than a Eastern KY or Murray State. By HUuuuuge superlatives

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You never think like a parent. Why is that

(O yeah)

Boyle is a unique case. However ... ’ing academics (remember Student Athletes) is FAR better at CAA than a Eastern KY or Murray State. By HUuuuuge superlatives

i guess the parents don’t think like parents because eastern kentucky has a full roster.

dude a huge percentage of the kids playing college football don’t give a rat’s arse about the academics - that’s partly why schools like UConn go 1-11 - because they are delusional about the reality of college sports.

Reaction Score
i guess the parents don’t think like parents because eastern kentucky has a full roster.

dude a huge percentage of the kids playing college football don’t give a rat’s arse about the academics - that’s partly why schools like UConn go 1-11 - because they are delusional about the reality of college sports.

Silly answer.

Reaction Score
lol ok guy who has been wrong about everything for a decade

Did you happen to google the passing game of Eastern Kentucky for 2018?

Frankly. Yes I know more about the CAA programs than you did about Eastern Kentucky or OVC. You just love to argue ... and most of it is out your arse. CAA is a better brand of Football; better Academic Universities. And there ain’t gonna be a lot of kids making the NFL catching 12 balls at EKU.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Did you happen to google the passing game of Eastern Kentucky for 2018?

Frankly. Yes I know more about the CAA programs than you did about Eastern Kentucky or OVC. You just love to argue ... and most of it is out your arse. CAA is a better brand of Football; better Academic Universities. And there ain’t gonna be a lot of kids making the NFL catching 12 balls at EKU.

this doesn’t even make sense.

i don’t know why you cant wrap you head around this stuff but nobody gives a damn about the marginal difference between the academics at new hampshire versus eastern kentucky - nobody.

maybe let the kid decide what the best place for him is - not some aarp member who hasn’t posted a correct opinion about college football in a decade?

if im talking out of my arse - my arse has a helluva track record

Reaction Score
this doesn’t even make sense.

i don’t know why you cant wrap you head around this stuff but nobody gives a damn about the marginal difference between the academics at new hampshire versus eastern kentucky - nobody.

maybe let the kid decide what the best place for him is - not some aarp member who hasn’t posted a correct opinion about college football in a decade?

if im talking out of my arse - my arse has a helluva track record

Dixon can’t get to whatever Pro career you imagine from Eastern Kentucky. They’re just not a pass catchers paradise.

And the earlier OVC is like the AAC - that’s BS

Leave aside the idea that no kid or parent cares about Academics. The opinion you are arguing is nonsense. Eastern Kentucky is a landing place. On the face of it ... it’s scary not at a good level.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Dixon can’t get to whatever Pro career you imagine from Eastern Kentucky. They’re just not a pass catchers paradise.

Leave aside the idea that no kid or parent cares about Academics. The opinion you are arguing is nonsense. Eastern Kentucky is a landing place. On the face of it ... it’s scary not at a good level.

You live in an alternate reality. Believe whatever crazy nonsense you’d like about Albany or New Hampshire or what percentage of college football players care about academics.

ehat an upgrade ALBANY would be. The mighty great danes. the mighty COLONIAL.

F4FAEF5E-0710-4D75-B158-ECF6EE9A0472.png

Reaction Score
You live in an alternate reality. Believe whatever crazy nonsense you’d like about Albany or New Hampshire or what percentage of college football players care about academics.

View attachment 43928
Forget Dixon the football player for a moment. His chance of playing in the NFL are about the same as your chance. Do you really believe he will be as well served with a degree from EKU as opposed to a degree from Albany or UNH.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Forget Dixon the football player for a moment. His chance of playing in the NFL are about the same as your chance. Do you really believe he will be as well served with a degree from EKU as opposed to a degree from Albany or UNH.

I have no idea what Dixon wants to do with his life after football.

If he wants to do something white collar after football is over I don’t think there is anymore than a tiny marginal difference between a degree from EKU or UNH. Hell there may be a lot more opportunity in Kentucky for him than New Hampshire or Albany or Boston or Hartford 5-10 years from now.

What do you guys think the majority of FBS players do for a living after football is over? Many become coaches and athletic trainers and cops and prison guards. Most aren’t filling out spreadsheets or writing code.

For the vast majority of students there is no difference between the academics at these schools. It’s even less important for football players - they aren’t looking for some corporate drone recruiter who thinks the University of New Hampshire matters (if this is even a drone that exists).

What do you guys do that anyone cares where anyone went to school. After three years other than fart sniffing academics - nobody cares where anyone went to school other than to taunt about sports.

If you think Dixon’s life is going to be negatively impacted because he went to EKU instead of Albany you are living a delusion that has no connection to the real world.

Reaction Score

View attachment 43928
Now I can’t manage to keep my phone charged past 40 percent
I’m jealous Whaler

Reaction Score

If he wants to do something white collar after football is over I don’t think there is anymore than a tiny marginal difference between a degree from EKU or UNH. Hell there may be a lot more opportunity in Kentucky for him than New Hampshire or Albany or Boston or Hartford 5-10 years from now.

What do you guys think the majority of FBS players do for a living after football is over? Many become coaches and athletic trainers and cops and prison guards. Most aren’t filling out spreadsheets or writing code.

For the vast majority of students there is no difference between the academics at these schools. It’s even less important for football players - they aren’t looking for some corporate drone recruiter who thinks the University of New Hampshire matters (if this is even a drone that exists).

What do you guys do that anyone cares where anyone went to school. After three years other than fart sniffing academics - nobody cares where anyone went to school other than to taunt about sports.

If you think Dixon’s life is going to be negatively impacted because he went to EKU instead of Albany you are living a delusion that has no connection to the real world.
Agree with you bud. No one knows exactly what his choices were and why he decided to go to Eastern Kentucky. No one knows if he cares about academics or not.
All that matters is he chose the school that he believed for his needs.

I’m shocked you’re even entertaining this

Reaction Score

Where you go to school matters, unless you cynically assume all players are going to be security guards. I choose to think many of these kids have more to offer the world and should be encouraged to look at academic reputation, job placement rates, graduate school placement rates, and career objectives. The biggest travesty is the fools gold that is CFB. A rare few will make it to the next level, and among those that do, careers are short. Schools matter little after the first few years, but matter immensely on the way into the real world. Frankly, these kids should get an extra year after 4 to get caught up, because the schedules are brutal and schools do not deliver on their end of the education deal.

Reaction Score

You realize a QB transferred from UConn to Eastern Kentucky and is on an NFL roster today, right? That should be all the proof you need to show it can be done...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Where you go to school matters, unless you cynically assume all players are going to be security guards. I choose to think many of these kids have more to offer the world and should be encouraged to look at academic reputation, job placement rates, graduate school placement rates, and career objectives. The biggest travesty is the fools gold that is CFB. A rare few will make it to the next level, and among those that do, careers are short. Schools matter little after the first few years, but matter immensely on the way into the real world. Frankly, these kids should get an extra year after 4 to get caught up, because the schedules are brutal and schools do not deliver on their end of the education deal.

Sure - totally agree - there is no way to handle the FBS player schedule and really take academics seriously.

I’m not being cynical about their prospects - I’m merely noting where many of them end up working. Many college football players end up with careers where the marginal differences between the academics of schools means nothing.

I feel the same way about the general student body - there are a few dozen schools that matter and the vast majority are very similar and the person matters much more than the school. There is nothing funnier as a college sports fan than people who think there is a tangible difference between the kids at the majority of schools.

Is the average kid at New Hampshire smarter than the average kid at Eastern Kentucky? I’m sure the test scores say that - and the vast majority of the difference in their outcomes (if you want to measure it in income for example) come from the fact that on average the kids at UNH came in ahead of the kids at EKU and the schools had minimal impact across the whole populations.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

I legit don't think there's a difference between graduating from UNH or Albany or EKU. No one cares where you went to school unless it's wildly impressive. UNH isn't gonna get you a job anywhere off of its name. I've known plenty of brilliant people who went to schools like EKU and did just fine for themselves

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom