Summer League First Impressions | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Summer League First Impressions

Reaction Score
Castle showed more handle in first half of first game than he showed at UConn. He is in perfect situation. His upside comp is Jrue. Cam is an nba rotation player now whose value increases on a good team ( thought Denver should have picked him). Comp reeves . He should back up Bane. Tristen doesn’t have any specific elite nba level skills . Indiana really doesn’t have an opening for him. He can make a lot of money overseas , which is a pretty good life. Donovan will be fine ; thought Okc should have packaged picks and moved up ; cheaper than hartenstein .

Reaction Score
Someone on a spurs board called him a PG version of Kawhi and I would take that all day long...minus the injuries
No way. They’re both great two way players but Kawhi is more of a pure scorer while I think Castle sees himself as a more capable facilitator

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
A lot of great passing on display by Castle to start off this game.

Clingan also continued to be a force at the rim.

Reaction Score
Sweet move if you can take four steps to the basket.
Ever since they changed the rule to accommodate the Eurostep, travelling has basically been ignored as long as you are going to the hoop Or passing the ball or receiving a pass. The rule was designed to allow an extra step but now they just let everything go.

Reaction Score
Hilarious that there were UConn fans on here pretending that this dude isn't good. Still crazy that Calipari had him coming off the bench for Wagner

A lot of people who post here don't watch much basketball outside of UConn/don't know what they're watching.

Reaction Score
A lot of people who post here don't watch much basketball outside of UConn/don't know what they're watching.
He was also terrible in the game most likely to be watched by non-fans.

caw

Reaction Score
Hilarious that there were UConn fans on here pretending that this dude isn't good. Still crazy that Calipari had him coming off the bench for Wagner

He's basically a younger, slightly shorter, more athletic Cam. I still don't like how much he ball watches off ball defensively, but that is something that can be easily fixed in NBA games and is a minor issue overall.

Reaction Score
He's basically a younger, slightly shorter, more athletic Cam. I still don't like how much he ball watches off ball defensively, but that is something that can be easily fixed in NBA games and is a minor issue overall.
He’s not that similar to Cam lol…

caw

Reaction Score
He’s not that similar to Cam lol…

I should have expounded. I meant that they both bring a lot of the same attributes offensively. Both good off and on ball, both good shooters. Both have good footwork, handle, passing. Both rebound well for their size. Both play relatively flawless basketball offensively. They don't have exactly the same moves/movements, and Cam is more off ball but they still bring a lot of the same abilities to the offensive end.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom