Summer League First Impressions | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Summer League First Impressions

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I'm in the like 95th percentile of sports betting interest among posters here and even I find this to be pretty degenerate lol
couldnt let a Bronny under and Castle over play pass by :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
These games have some value as an assistant usually coaches the team and the players get an early start on learning the system they will play in the NBA.

Reaction Score
There's only one reason Bronny has a contract with the Lakers and we all know what that reason is. I actually feel bad for the kid because he has nowhere near the talent to be getting any playing time on the Lakers nor does he have enough talent to get any playing time on a G league team. I'm surprised LeBron put him in this position.

Reaction Score
There's only one reason Bronny has a contract with the Lakers and we all know what that reason is. I actually feel bad for the kid because he has nowhere near the talent to be getting any playing time on the Lakers nor does he have enough talent to get any playing time on a G league team. I'm surprised LeBron put him in this position.
He definetly could’ve played one year under Musselman. I get the family dynamic of his decision, just hope it was 100 percent his decision and wasn’t pressured by Lebron and his agency.

Reaction Score
Just watched Lakers vs Kings Summer Leagues game while killing time until Steph and Spurs come on. First impressions:
Nothing spectacular or inspiring on play from Bronny. He did a lot of standing around in the corners.
Dalton Knecht did not inspire greatness. I know it's just the first game however, he didn't stand out either.
Not sure if he is going to get separation on anyone in the NBA and the Lakers Summers League Team so far
shows nothing except a lot of one-on-one movements for its offense....it's an eyesore
after watching our guys poetry in motion offense. Very disappointed after all the hype about how Bronny's game
will translate to the NBA and the steal of the draft theme on Knecht.
I guess the people drafting players in the just completed NBA Draft knew what they were doing..... afterall.
Steph not playing tonight. The Spurs Team looks to be just about the worst so far. I wonder if they will be able to beat the putrid Chinese team later this week? God awful. Perhaps they figured out this is not a good environment for him....I don't think he looked injured yesterday.

caw

Reaction Score
Steph not playing tonight. The Spurs Team looks to be just about the worst so far. I wonder if they will be able to beat the putrid Chinese team later this week? God awful. Perhaps they figured out this is not a good environment for him....I don't think he looked injured yesterday.

Just a guess but they probably would rather use these games to assess if they should carry any of these players to the next Summer League they play in (Vegas?).

Castle is obviously going to play there but they likely will have mostly different players around him.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Looks like his three point shot is coming along nicely. Said it before he and Clingan might end up in the Allen category by the time they are finished with their nba career. I would say almost definite with Castle and if Clingan stays healthy he will not be far behind. Time is going to show just how good the 23-24 team was. They will move up the all time rankings.

Reaction Score
He's shown he can be both while at UCONN.

Go to 22 seconds

His change of pace ability is elite and really plays up his athleticism. If he develops a reliable outside shot, he’s going to be a problem because he’s so crafty in the paint and working off a screen. Can’t wait to see he and Wemby together.

Reaction Score
IMO-Steph's outside stroke is not broken. Needs reps and the green light from the HC to put them up-Which Pop will do. Working with their shooting coach Jimmy Baron can only help fine- tune his shot. Steph doesn't seem concerned about it in interviews since drafted. Between Baron-Pop-Chris Paul being a mentor-Wemby. Steph's going to be just fine.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom