Summer League First Impressions | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Summer League First Impressions

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
He's shown he can be both while at UCONN.

Go to 22 seconds

Yeah it’s a shot he comfortably steps into.

He’ll be similar to SGA when it comes to shooting 3s. He probably won’t be a knockdown guy and he probably won’t need to. Guys will respect it though because he should be a good overall scorer.

I’m way more worried about him becoming a great 3 level scorer and getting his midrange game back to help that. If he can start becoming great at that again it opens up more drives to the rim and opportunities for the guys around him in general.

Reaction Score
He definetly could’ve played one year under Musselman. I get the family dynamic of his decision, just hope it was 100 percent his decision and wasn’t pressured by Lebron and his agency.
He signed a 4 year, $8M deal, so I'd say he'll be fine. Not to mention he's Lebron's kid and what could be found in the couch cushions of his near $500M in NBA earnings alone, would be enough to live on.

Reaction Score
There's only one reason Bronny has a contract with the Lakers and we all know what that reason is. I actually feel bad for the kid because he has nowhere near the talent to be getting any playing time on the Lakers nor does he have enough talent to get any playing time on a G league team. I'm surprised LeBron put him in this position.
Can you find your contradiction in this post?

Reaction Score
Cam looked good for the Grizzlie. Not sure why he did not play at the end of the game when they hoisted brick after brick from outside.....or the entire overtime....the player who was picked in the 2nd round before Cam got all of the play (Wells?) and looked horrible....just sayin.

Reaction Score
Cam looked good for the Grizzlie. Not sure why he did not play at the end of the game when they hoisted brick after brick from outside.....or the entire overtime....the player who was picked in the 2nd round before Cam got all of the play (Wells?) and looked horrible....just sayin.
They gave him a longer/extended shift in the 2nd half from mid of 3rd to a few minutes left in the 4th and he played with the starters. I agree they should have brought him in OT when they needed a bucket.

Reaction Score
What hype for Bronny’s game? At best, the reactions I’ve seen are that he’s a multi-year development guy.
I agree. The only hype is that Dad got everything he wanted from the lakers. More money-check. His media buddy as coach-check. Bronny on the team-check. Now Bronny will kick some superior player out of the league. The only thing they didn’t do was change the name from Lakers to LaBrons.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
They gave him a longer/extended shift in the 2nd half from mid of 3rd to a few minutes left in the 4th and he played with the starters. I agree they should have brought him in OT when they needed a bucket.
Is it me or did it look like they had more coaches than players on their bench? I saw about 8 guys in white t-shirts and then Cam jumping up and clapping in a uni.

Reaction Score
Cam looked good for the Grizzlie. Not sure why he did not play at the end of the game when they hoisted brick after brick from outside.....or the entire overtime....the player who was picked in the 2nd round before Cam got all of the play (Wells?) and looked horrible....just sayin can

Cam’s job in summer league is to get a contract offer. He wants a two-way at minimum.

Reaction Score
Mission accomplished???

I was looking around but can't find anything on Newton. He hasn't signed any contract yet? I hope Newton gets a guaranteed contract but at worst 2 way.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Not sure why he did not play at the end of the game when they hoisted brick after brick from outside.....or the entire overtime....the player who was picked in the 2nd round before Cam got all of the play (Wells?) and looked horrible....just sayin.
In the G-League game I went to, coaches just coach to get guys a preset number of minutes. Scoreboard doesn't matter. The score whipsawed depending on the match-ups but guys weren't coming out until they got their minutes.

Reaction Score
I was looking around but can't find anything on Newton. He hasn't signed any contract yet? I hope Newton gets a guaranteed contract but at worst 2 way.
Pacers have 15 contracts on the books (earlier 2nd round pick Furphy got one), so he's not getting a real contract unless they make a personnel move (like waiving Kendall Brown who is only partially guaranteed), but that seems unlikely.

They have signed two-way qualifying offers for 2 guys, Tshiebwe and Quenton Jackson, who were on two-ways for them last year. They also have Newton and Enrique Freeman as 2nd round picks. They can rescind the offers to those guys, so it's very likely they're going to audition those 4 guys for the 3 two-way contact slots (and maybe Brown who is also playing summer league for the roster spot). There will be 1 odd man out.

Last edited:

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
My son taught college classes in China a few years back. If the weather was nice the males in class would skip and play basketball. Basketball is the number one sport in the country and they have a billion people. I would imagine more are on their way. My son had his class singing Christmas songs in broken English like Harold ramis in stripes( for us older folks). It was very funny.

Reaction Score
Cam and the Grizzlies are going to play on ESPN in just a few minutes.

Reaction Score
I wish Memphis would let Cam handle the ball more and get him a high ball screen, he would make smarter decisions than these other Memphis guards/wings

Reaction Score
Pacers have 15 contracts on the books (earlier 2nd round pick Furphy got one), so he's not getting a real contract unless they make a personnel move (like waiving Kendall Brown who is only partially guaranteed), but that seems unlikely.

They have signed two-way qualifying offers for 2 guys, Tshiebwe and Quenton Jackson, who were on two-ways for them last year. They also have Newton and Enrique Freeman as 2nd round picks. They can rescind the offers to those guys, so it's very likely they're going to audition those 4 guys for the 3 two-way contact slots (and maybe Brown who is also playing summer league for the roster spot). There will be 1 odd man out.
I can't believe Cam gets a 2 way and Tristen can't too. I was thinking he would get a guaranteed but like you said they already have 15 on their books.

Reaction Score
I can't believe Cam gets a 2 way and Tristen can't too. I was thinking he would get a guaranteed but like you said they already have 15 on their books.
Pacers have a lot of guards but Tristen needs to improve his shooting. Cam is a knockdown shooter. NBA values shooting.

Reaction Score
Cam looks like the best guy out there again.
He should have a ton of assists to go along with the 11-point quarter. He's dropping dimes but they are bricking everything, including layups

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom