Summer League First Impressions | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Summer League First Impressions

Reaction Score
Floor of Jrue is crazy. He has a chance at the HOF.
Castle definitely has a chance to pass that. He is just a better player and more of a playmaker. Just find his game more comparable to SGA offensively. Obviously not close to him as he can't shoot consistenly. We are just talking about where his game could go and I doubt Jrue is a HOF. Great player but he doesn't really stick out to me as he is more of a 4th or 5th option on most teams and not a star(even if he has been an all star twice and 5 time all D). Castle has the potential to be a Star.

Reaction Score
Castle's upside comp is SGA and like others said his floor is Jrue. Reeves a comp for Cam? Cam is a better shooter but Reeves is bigger and more athletic. Both can create their own shot but I think since Reeves is taller 6'5" and more athletic he can get off his shot better. There is no perfect comp for Cam as he is unique as isn't just a shooter but is only about 6'4" with shoes and not athletic so creating his shot in the NBA might be harder for him than college. Maybe Duncan Robinson's game now that he has gotten some creativity is similar but Duncan is 6'7". You have the little guys like Payton Pritchard and T.J. MConnel but they are both smaller and quicker. Cam doesn't really have a comp in the league that comes to mind off the top of my head.
I think Castle is gonna have a great career but let's pump the brakes lol

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Castle's upside comp is SGA and like others said his floor is Jrue. Reeves a comp for Cam? Cam is a better shooter but Reeves is bigger and more athletic. Both can create their own shot but I think since Reeves is taller 6'5" and more athletic he can get off his shot better. There is no perfect comp for Cam as he is unique as isn't just a shooter but is only about 6'4" with shoes and not athletic so creating his shot in the NBA might be harder for him than college. Maybe Duncan Robinson's game now that he has gotten some creativity is similar but Duncan is 6'7". You have the little guys like Payton Pritchard and T.J. MConnel but they are both smaller and quicker. Cam doesn't really have a comp in the league that comes to mind off the top of my head.
I like Cam's teammate Desmond Bane as an offensive side of the ball comparison. They both shoot the hell out of the ball and play below the rim. Really good passers, and rebound the ball very well for guards. Bane is stronger than Cam (Cam's strength underrated though) and I'm not saying he'll be as good as Bane but I see this more than the other names brought up.

Reaction Score
I like Cam's teammate Desmond Bane as an offensive side of the ball comparison. They both shoot the hell out of the ball and play below the rim. Really good passers, and rebound the ball very well for guards. Bane is stronger than Cam (Cam's strength underrated though) and I'm not saying he'll be as good as Bane but I see this more than the other names brought up.

I could see Cam being an 8th-man for the next decade on a solid team. Nothing crazy, but an effecient 10/3/3 guy who always finds a spot in the league.

Reaction Score
I could see Cam being an 8th-man for the next decade on a solid team. Nothing crazy, but an effecient 10/3/3 guy who always finds a spot in the league.
Agreed, if he's given a fair chance I know he'll play well in the NBA. He went at the end of the second round but I think he ended up on the right team who recognizes what they have.

Reaction Score
Yeah, strength is definitely one of Cam's positives. He is also very crafty with the ball. Has a little Brunson in his game. Too bad he isn't on the ball more with Memphis during these summer games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom