Student Game Attendance – Root Cause Problem Solving | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Student Game Attendance – Root Cause Problem Solving

Reaction Score
Those 50 years old are the ones funding the school through donations to NIL. We need them along with the students
Reread my post. I said “make the environment better”. This isn’t an economic take.

Reaction Score
30,000 in the seats....Probably not, but "old guy" thinks Jimmy Valvano says it best at the ESPY awards. "NEVER GIVE UP"! Check out that speech on Youtube, and you will grab your ticket and head to the game...Go Huskies.....Fill the arena....Maybe that is wishful thinking from an 85 year old graduate, BUT I NEVER GIVE believing the fans will come...GO HUSKIES

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Also. Why did that trigger you? Essentially, I said concentrate on getting more paying customers into the building. That is a cyclical take, yes, but there Are a lot of stakeholders out here including alumni, who make up a large portion of the fan base.

we should do adopt a student. Bring a student to your tailgate party.

Well, the good news is your view will come around.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Students have to pay for parking at the Rent? That's crazy and such an easy fix...

Reaction Score
Well, the good news is your view will come around.
Oh my god! Miss spell and it goes to cyclical. Too much cnbc these days.

In Aaron Ross Sorkin voice: The UConn football program is in secular decline. Should we inject cash and buy the dip?

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
If it comes to atmosphere and attendance, there needs to be an in game experience that combines football, cell phones, choreographed fan involvement, and ultimately something UConn unique.

1. Winning fixes all ills.

2. I suggest developing a Rentschler Field app(after the wifi in the stadium is approved). The app would have information on pre game, post game activites. In game, it would allow the fan to have different camera angles of plays, out of town scores (so people stay on the app and not toggle out of it), Words to UConn fight song and when it will be played, Tell fans when and where to start chants or the wave, etc. It will keep people engaged through those 2:32 second TV timeouts as well as create atmosphere.

3. Virginia Tech has Enter the Sandman, Clemson has the rock and entrance. We have the ringing of the bell(cord broke at first game) and now the cheerleaders don't even do pushups anymore. I suggest putting up a poll for UConn fandom about what our new tradition is. Something the fans can get riled up about. Something that will get them in their seats more than 20 seconds before kickoff.

I have been at the Rent since that Indiana game (my son just asked me why I have a 44 jersey and showed him Terry Caulley's run). The new fan needs to be taught and have fun in today's reality. The technology is there, we just need to build it!!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If it comes to atmosphere and attendance, there needs to be an in game experience that combines football, cell phones, choreographed fan involvement, and ultimately something UConn unique.

2. I suggest developing a Rentschler Field app(after the wifi in the stadium is approved). The app would have information on pre game, post game activites. In game, it would allow the fan to have different camera angles of plays, out of town scores (so people stay on the app and not toggle out of it), Words to UConn fight song and when it will be played, Tell fans when and where to start chants or the wave, etc. It will keep people engaged through those 2:32 second TV timeouts as well as create atmosphere.

3. Virginia Tech has Enter the Sandman, Clemson has the rock and entrance. We have the ringing of the bell(cord broke at first game) and now the cheerleaders don't even do pushups anymore. I suggest putting up a poll for UConn fandom about what our new tradition is. Something the fans can get riled up about. Something that will get them in their seats more than 20 seconds before kickoff.

I have been at the Rent since that Indiana game (my son just asked me why I have a 44 jersey and showed him Terry Caulley's run). The new fan needs to be taught and have fun in today's reality. The technology is there, we just need to build it!!
Just like Terry, this program is still on its feet!

Reaction Score

There are QR codes on the seats at the Rent that give you live in-game stats. I just figured that out a few weeks ago. LOL

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
There are QR codes on the seats at the Rent that give you live in-game stats. I just figured that out a few weeks ago. LOL
Great communication from the Rent to let us know! I thought those were for an in game promo.

Reaction Score
Oh my god! Miss spell and it goes to cyclical. Too much cnbc these days.

In Aaron Ross Sorkin voice: The UConn football program is in secular decline. Should we inject cash and buy the dip?
Maybe you mean Andrew Ross Sorkin?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom