Stil only 1 OOC game scheduled in 2014 & 2015 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Stil only 1 OOC game scheduled in 2014 & 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I heard Nixon is going to resign....

Of course we need to complete the schedule, but looking at a UCF schedule and comparing that to ours is a bit of a stretch.
You are missing the point. EVERYONE else has already completed contracts for 75-100% of their 2014 OOC schedules. We are at 0%! UCF acrtually got an article on ESPN about their penn state series. Don't you get it? We need pub!

Reaction Score
I tweeted at Silver, Daigneault, and Connor about this today. Asked if anyone has asked Manuel about this. No reply. Not surprising.

Reaction Score
You are missing the point. EVERYONE else has already completed contracts for 75-100% of their 2014 OOC schedules. We are at 0%! UCF acrtually got an article on ESPN about their penn state series. Don't you get it? We need pub!
I get your point and understand your frustration. What you don't seem to get is currently we aren't the most attractive out of conference opponent for a lot of schools. Why would a powerhouse or name program want to play us in 2015? We aren't in a good recruiting ground and we may be in a very weak conference. Yet we may be too good to be a typical cupcake, but not good enough to help a team improve their playoff standing. UCF, SMU, Houston are in hotbeds of recruiting. We are not.

Reaction Score
Brett McMurphy (@McMurphyESPN)
1/28/13, 9:23 PM
W/MWC going to 12 teams & adding champ game, Hawaii & BYU forced to cancel series in 2013 & 2014

image.jpg

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I tweeted at Silver, Daigneault, and Connor about this today. Asked if anyone has asked Manuel about this. No reply. Not surprising.

wow

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
I get your point and understand your frustration. What you don't seem to get is currently we aren't the most attractive out of conference opponent for a lot of schools. Why would a powerhouse or name program want to play us in 2015? We aren't in a good recruiting ground and we may be in a very weak conference. Yet we may be too good to be a typical cupcake, but not good enough to help a team improve their playoff standing. UCF, SMU, Houston are in hotbeds of recruiting. We are not.
If Memphis can book a home and home with UCLA then we can book a home and home with a lot of teams. We got Michigan to come to the rent, we have Tennessee coming to the rent in a couple of years. We can leverage a multi-sport series and eyeballs from NYC to Boston. Don't sell UConn short.

Reaction Score
If Memphis can book a home and home with UCLA then we can book a home and home with a lot of teams. We got Michigan to come to the rent, we have Tennessee coming to the rent in a couple of years. We can leverage a multi-sport series and eyeballs from NYC to Boston. Don't sell UConn short.

Those deals were made when the Big East was....The Big East. There was some appeal to playing a member of the Big Six. Now, we aren't that anymore, and if a team of that vain wants NYC exposure they can simply beat up on Cuse or Rutty (who are members of power conferences which will help in playoff positioning). Memphis sucks, but to my earlier points 1) Tennessee is a good recruiting ground. 2) Memphis is a tried and true cupcake. We fail on both tests right now.

I'm sure Warde will get it done, but it won't be easy and I doubt it will satisfy most here. But unlike people posting on message boards, he has to deal with the reality of the situation. We get to deal with the reality flavored with our wild dreams.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
Those deals were made when the Big East was....The Big East. There was some appeal to playing a member of the Big Six. Now, we aren't that anymore, and if a team of that vain wants NYC exposure they can simply beat up on Cuse or Rutty (who are members of power conferences which will help in playoff positioning). Memphis sucks, but to my earlier points 1) Tennessee is a good recruiting ground. 2) Memphis is a tried and true cupcake. We fail on both tests right now.

I'm sure Warde will get it done, but it won't be easy and I doubt it will satisfy most here. But unlike people posting on message boards, he has to deal with the reality of the situation. We get to deal with the reality flavored with our wild dreams.
We are still in the sixth best conference and now we should be perennially in the top tier.

UCLA doesn't need to recruit Tennessee. Sorry. UCLA can sustain itself with recruiting in California alone.

Reaction Score
I had a chance to talk with Warde Manuel last night at the game and he told me that the 2014 OOC schedule is all set except for 1 game, and the 2015 schedule needs 2 more games. He said he will not put out the OOC games until all the games are set and the contracts are in his possession. He would not name the opponents. I spent a good 5 or 10 minutes talking to him about the football team, and made sure to thank him for getting us a new OC. I like the guy. One thing that really sticks out to me was, after I said thanks for the new OC, he said that if things aren't working, that that is unacceptable and they are going to fix them.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
I had a chance to talk with Warde Manuel last night at the game and he told me that the 2014 OOC schedule is all set except for 1 game, and the 2015 schedule needs 2 more games. He said he will not put out the OOC games until all the games are set and the contracts are in his possession. He would not name the opponents. I spent a good 5 or 10 minutes talking to him about the football team, and made sure to thank him for getting us a new OC. I like the guy. One thing that really sticks out to me was, after I said thanks for the new OC, he said that if things aren't working, that that is unacceptable and they are going to fix them.
Well that's progress at least. Hope he speaks publicly soon.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I had a chance to talk with Warde Manuel last night at the game and he told me that the 2014 OOC schedule is all set except for 1 game, and the 2015 schedule needs 2 more games.

Way to wreck a thread, buddy.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Okay, so lets speculate, who do you think Warde has lined up?

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
Okay, so lets speculate, who do you think Warde has lined up?
Dream:
LSU
USC
Ohio State
Texas

Reality:
Ball State
Louisiana Monroe
Kansas State
URI

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting this! I'm hoping we have a game with an old BE foe and we crush them. I'm sure either a umass or uri are in there which is fine. Please god let us not play buffallo again though! At the very least this at least shows WM knows he is in charge of scheduling which is a good thing since so many were getting worried.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Dream:
LSU
USC
Ohio State
Texas

Reality:
Ball State
Louisiana Monroe
Kansas State
URI

Minus URI, that wouldn't be that bad. We know there will be at least one MAC school for sure. K-State would be awesome. Do you really want four guaranteed losses?

For those of you with time, which schools still have openings? That's your starting point.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Minus URI, that wouldn't be that bad. We know there will be at least one MAC school for sure. K-State would be awesome. Do you really want four guaranteed losses?

For those of you with time, which schools still have openings? That's your starting point.

North Carolina has tons of open slots in 2014.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
North Carolina has tons of open slots in 2014.
But we just had a series with them so I think doubtful. Though that's a team we should book again down the road.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score

I don't want 4 losses as much as I want to raise the bar on quality opponents. We need to be on national TV. Eventually we will win. Realistically having two BCS schools one MAC and one AA would be great.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

What kind of tie was he wearing?

If our AD only wore the same kind of ties as Michigan ADs or Texax ADs, our problems would be over.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

Since you went and ruined a perfectly good thread with 'facts' - any word on what Warde is doing / planning to do about our conference mess? And maybe why the hell it only took Tulane a quick text to get in?

Appreciate the info provided so far.

Reaction Score
not to be a wet blanket to your wet blanket, but unsigned contracts are worth the paper that they're written on. so unnamed opponents with unsigned contracts doesn't inspire a ton of confidence considering what uconn fans have gone through in the past 18 months.

Since you went and ruined a perfectly good thread with 'facts' - any word on what Warde is doing / planning to do about our conference mess? And maybe why the hell it only took Tulane a quick text to get in?

Appreciate the info provided so far.

Reaction Score

So, we want to be in a BCS conference, we want to be thought of as a BCS school, we just don't want to play a SEC or B12-like schedule? Or, saiod differntly, we don't think we can play w/a Bevo or a USC? Got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom