Stil only 1 OOC game scheduled in 2014 & 2015 | The Boneyard

Stil only 1 OOC game scheduled in 2014 & 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Is anyone else just as concerned about this as me?

Next season, Michigan willing, we should have a great home schedule with the Wolverines, Maryland, Rutgers, Louisville, USF and San Diego State.

2014 when Rutgers and Louisville leave we have 0 games schedule besides presumably 4 NNBE games.

2015 we have Tennessee schedule besides presumably 4 NNBE games.

For $500K a year, what the hell is Warde doing?

I would be concerned if we had 1 or 2 open dates at this time, but this? This is unacceptable.

Reaction Score
Warde is monitoring the OOC schedule. either that or disbanding the program is on the table

Reaction Score
One thing I'll give Hathaway credit for was his scheduling. Managed to get deals with Michigan, Tennessee, Iowa (later cancelled), UNC, Virginia, Notre Dame (even though it was a 5-0-5) and Maryland. He did a good job leveraging our basketball programs as that was part of the reason we got Michigan, Tennessee and UNC on our schedule.

I believe we could have had an even better schedule, but Edsall wanted a light load (i.e. canceling Navy)

I'd really like to see us play UMass and RU every year, a mid-level BCS team (e.g. Virginia, Purdue, etc.) and a Top 15 school - home and home if possible or a 1-0-1 with our home game being at a neutral site, if necessary.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
In theory we should be able to schedule at least 1 former Big East team OOC every year. That would be at least somewhat compelling as far as OOC games go.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
We need to make sure everything fits with our B1G schedule first.
God I hope your right cuz if not their are gonna be a lot of jumpers on this board.

Reaction Score
Maybe there is a reason that is yet to be disclosed. WM cannot be that incompetent to ignore our future scheduling.
wm is the full time MCO... Monitoring Chief Officer.
cant be expected to check the mailbox for invites, monitor the situation, AND schedule fb games. no human can do that.

Reaction Score
i have to say, i hope everyone here that clowns on wm has to eat crow one day... myself included...
that said, its a no lose propostion... if our situation doesnt improve, he deserves the comments, or hes sitting on an ACC or Big invite in which case some of us eat a little crow flavored donuts...

Reaction Score
Regardless of what conference we are playing in for 2014 (and at this point honestly, who the duck knows), we may want to line up a few OOC games cause you know, we likely won't play 12 conference games and such.

Seriously, WTF is going on with our athletic programs?

Reaction Score
Warde uses the same technique as conference realignment...You can't ask for OOC games, you have to wait to be asked.

WARDE...WAKE UP!!!

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
What is Warde doing? Most other teams have their 2014 OOC schedules done. There are not many teams that are going to be able to come to the RENT -- not even UMass has an opening. I fear that our OOC will be:

DeVry
Directional Michigan
@ South by South West Texas Tech A&M Christian
@ Buffalo (he wants to do them a solid)

Reaction Score
Either something good is cooking or he's the most inept AD ever. Pretty binary - hero or utter clown of epic proportions. Track record thus far suggests the later.

Reaction Score
  • Air Force has a ton of open dates in 2014. Looks like they are waiting for an invite somewhere.
  • Idaho...same boat.
  • The last 3 teams that were going to join the Big East but declined at the last minute all have at least one open date in 2014. That would be interesting. TCU, Boise St & SDSU.
  • Syracuse has only one OOC game scheduled so far for 2014. Same with N. Carolina.
  • Be nice to play West Virginia in 2014. The week after they play at Alabama :mad:
  • Doesn't look like we could get a game with Penn St till 2017... our national championship year :eek:

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
  • Air Force has a ton of open dates in 2014. Looks like they are waiting for an invite somewhere.
  • Idaho...same boat.
  • The last 3 teams that were going to join the Big East but declined at the last minute all have at least one open date in 2014. That would be interesting. TCU, Boise St & SDSU.
  • Syracuse has only one OOC game scheduled so far for 2014. Same with N. Carolina.
  • Be nice to play West Virginia in 2014. The week after they play at Alabama :mad:
  • Doesn't look like we could get a game with Penn St till 2017... our national championship year :eek:
West Virginia already has 3 non-conference games for 2014 -- Big 12 plays 9 conferences games, so not an option.
http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/big-east/west-virginia-mountaineers.php
Syracuse isn't going to play us anytime soon.
North Carolina -- we recently had a home and home with them so I doubt that's an option (for them).

There is a lack of quality teams out there with open dates. We're screwed!

Reaction Score
Bronco Beat (@IDS_BroncoBeat)
1/22/13, 6:12 PM
Coyle on future schedules: "We're having conversations with schools across the country who are trying to come out and play us on the blue."

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
This thread topic is like herpes. It's around for a few weeks, same as last time around, then goes away for one or two months, and then...................it's baaa-aack.

Reaction Score
I posted this earlier - Penn State has a series with Rutgers that will be cancelled because they are now in the B1G. We would be a good replacement.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
I posted this earlier - Penn State has a series with Rutgers that will be cancelled because they are now in the B1G. We would be a good replacement.
I don't think the UConn AD could pull this off today. When we booked Michigan and Tennessee we (and our conference) were in a better place. I don't know, our only leverage at this point would be home and homes with UConn Men's and Women's Bball. Hey LSU, do you want a multi-sport deal? That's the only way we're going to get a brand name in football to come to the Rent. Other than that (which is still a stretch), MetLife, Gillette, Yankees, Fenway, CitiField may entice them to come.

But seriously, not one dam game announced yet for 2014... give me something!

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I'm holding on to the increasingly-irrational hope that a lack of OOC games means a major conference realignment announcement is forthcoming. We can't book OOC games because we might be elsewhere.

Again, irrational, but a dream...

Reaction Score
He did a good job leveraging our basketball programs as that was part of the reason we got Michigan, Tennessee and UNC on our schedule.

I believe we could have had an even better schedule, but Edsall wanted a light load (i.e. canceling Navy)

I'd really like to see us play UMass and RU every year, a mid-level BCS team (e.g. Virginia, Purdue, etc.) and a Top 15 school - home and home if possible or a 1-0-1 with our home game being at a neutral site, if necessary.

FWIW basketball had nothing to do with Michigan. They were completing the upgrade of their stadium and wanted a BCS opponent to open up against in celebration, not a directional/MAC program, so UConn worked out a deal last minute to go out there and play a 1-1.

Reaction Score
On the one hand, the recent conference turmoil probably makes scheduling a nightmare. On the other hand, he hadn't even managed to get one game on the schedule even prior to the latest moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom