Stil only 1 OOC game scheduled in 2014 & 2015 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Stil only 1 OOC game scheduled in 2014 & 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
  • Air Force has a ton of open dates in 2014. Looks like they are waiting for an invite somewhere.
  • Idaho...same boat.
  • The last 3 teams that were going to join the Big East but declined at the last minute all have at least one open date in 2014. That would be interesting. TCU, Boise St & SDSU.
  • Syracuse has only one OOC game scheduled so far for 2014. Same with N. Carolina.
  • Be nice to play West Virginia in 2014. The week after they play at Alabama :mad:
  • Doesn't look like we could get a game with Penn St till 2017... our national championship year :eek:

Isn't Idaho moving to FCS? I'm sure we'll have no trouble finding a FCS school so cross that one off.

Reaction Score
FWIW basketball had nothing to do with Michigan. They were completing the upgrade of their stadium and wanted a BCS opponent to open up against in celebration, not a directional/MAC program, so UConn worked out a deal last minute to go out there and play a 1-1.

But wasn't part of the deal also a home and home in Mens Basketball?

Reaction Score
But wasn't part of the deal also a home and home in Mens Basketball?
That would be the first I've heard of that. When was/is that home and home announced/played/scheduled?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That would be the first I've heard of that. When was/is that home and home announced/played/scheduled?

Maybe he's talking about the one that just completed.

U

UConn9604

We played them at Gampel in 2009 (right before the infamous Syracuse game where Dyson got injured) and in Michigan in 2010.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I posted this earlier - Penn State has a series with Rutgers that will be cancelled because they are now in the B1G. We would be a good replacement.
UCF just booked a 2013 and 2014 deal with Penn State. Where is a Warde? Give me just one quality game!

Reaction Score
How can one do an out of conference schedule when we don't know what conference we will be in at that time? I love when philosophy intersects with the Boneyard.

Reaction Score
Wonder why a school in desperate need of recruits would book a series with a school located in Florida? Whatever the reason I'm sure we can offer the same appeal when we approach them for a deal....

C

Chief00

The likelihood is, at some point, while Warde is monitoring the specials at Dunkin Donuts, 2 teams will leave the ACC and it will fall in our laps. But, he will have done nothing to earn it, yet he will take the credit.

Reaction Score
How can one do an out of conference schedule when we don't know what conference we will be in at that time? I love when philosophy intersects with the Boneyard.
So just don't schedule a game? That makes more sense.

Reaction Score
We played them at Gampel in 2009 (right before the infamous Syracuse game where Dyson got injured) and in Michigan in 2010.

The first of that series was played 2/7/2009
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/41/year/2009/connecticut-huskies

The football game was announced around 7/31/2009
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-to-play-home-and-home-football-starting-2010

The basketball series had nothing to do with the football series. Michigan scheduled us in football because they were scheduling for the next season and wanted a BCS team to open the renovated stadium.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Wow! they got a game at Florida St late in November(Thanksgiving week it looks like) and a game with Ole Miss. Northern Illinois is another team that seems to be popping up on everyone's schedule over the next few years. It would be nice to see UConn play teams west of PA once in a while.

Reaction Score
Fresno State, New Mexico St. and Miami might have openings soon. They are currently scheduled to play Minn and Nebraska but the B1G might increase conference games to 9 in 2014. This means 1 of their OOC games needs to be cancelled.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
Wonder why a school in desperate need of recruits would book a series with a school located in Florida? Whatever the reason I'm sure we can offer the same appeal when we approach them for a deal....
It's clear why they want to play a Florida school. We could offer them (or any team) a home and home with both basketball teams.

And I don't really give an F about playing Penn State. I just want an out of conference game announced for next year -- just one -- from a mid to top level BCS school. Give me an announcement. There are not a lot of marquise teams with openings left on their schedule.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure, even if we do get an invite somewhere else, we'll still be in the Big East next year. We need to schedule. Fans get excited about the schedule. And don't think that recruits don't look at the schedule either.

Reaction Score
Only a matter of when the Big Ten goes to 9 conference games. That whole Pac 12 alliance debacle just interrupted it.

Which makes UConn's 2014 OOS that much more dismal.

I've been beating this drum for a while. It's better to have at least some part of your schedule fleshed out. While change happens, one thing that won't is that UConn will be playing football in 2014. No matter what league they are in. There's a reason that out of the 120 FBS, only UConn has no games scheduled. The trouble is, none of us knows the reason. If I were a king, I would hail Herbst and Manuel into my throne room whilst my axe man was sharpening his axe and report back to you guys about wtf is going on. Instead, we're left to guess.

GRHK508TS.jpg

Fresno State, New Mexico St. and Miami might have openings soon. They are currently scheduled to play Minn and Nebraska but the B1G might increase conference games to 9 in 2014. This means 1 of their OOC games needs to be cancelled.

Reaction Score
Every day that goes by, with no mention from anybody about this - local media is a joke - yup - all you locals.......that haven't pursued this........I get more concerned.

There are days when I look that following website, and I just wonder if Hathaway essentially stopped working the phones in 2009, after the Notre Dame debacle, and just waited for somebody to call us.

http://www.fbschedules.com/

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Every day that goes by, with no mention from anybody about this - local media is a joke - yup - all you locals.......that haven't pursued this........I get more concerned.

There are days when I look that following website, and I just wonder if Hathaway essentially stopped working the phones in 2009, after the Notre Dame debacle, and just waited for somebody to call us.

http://www.fbschedules.com/

Don't worry, our main beat writer is busy retweeting the "haters" he has to deal with on his political ramblings. Right on top of it.

/wow

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure, even if we do get an invite somewhere else, we'll still be in the Big East next year. We need to schedule. Fans get excited about the schedule. And don't think that recruits don't look at the schedule either.
I heard Nixon is going to resign....

Of course we need to complete the schedule, but looking at a UCF schedule and comparing that to ours is a bit of a stretch.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I continue to hope the lack of an OOC schedule is indicative that we are close to securing a spot in the B1G or ACC. Hopefully Warde is waiting for the forecasted realignment storms of Feb to blow through first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom