Steven Enoch (Committed to UConn) | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Steven Enoch (Committed to UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hope it works out that way. It's been awhile since Adams, Just trying to be patient but would be nice for another commit soon. Hello Steve.

Reaction Score
510670_excellent.jpg

Reaction Score
Hopefully, he's right, but I might be URI realizes that it's going to be one of the high major programs and why waste time. I do think we're in the driver's seat, but you never know when it comes to recruiting. Anything can happen.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Not as if any of us were scared of URI anyway...

They see the writing on the wall

Reaction Score
I think the next few weeks could be very good for recruiting.
I've always wondered if in some cases both the recruit and the head coach have come to a meeting of the minds and simply mutually decide to not announce it till after an official visit or in-home visit, whichever is next on the docket. This way it allows the recruit to take his visits and the coach to wait till he spends a little more time with the recruit before making it official, or as official a verbal commit can be, which we all know can change in a heartbeat.

I have a feeling this is the case with Enoch. I doubt that's the case with any of the others, though I have a strong feeling KO likes his chances with Stone and senses that he and his camp are saying all the right things when they talk.

The Jones & Clarke situation is a big mystery. Really hard to tell which one KO likes most. I've thought all along it was Jones with Clarke right there, but at this point, he might either have told them the first to commit gets the ship or maybe he's willing to take both. The problem with the latter is that whoever waits the longest, will probably look elsewhere since they pretty much play the same position and have very similar type games. As much as I'd love to land Jones and have a season or two of Sports Center highlight dunks, I think the chances of him sticking around as long as Clarke is likely low due to his uber-athleticism which tends to attract the NBA folks. It's very likely that although Jones' upside might be higher than Clarke's, that the level of contribution at the college level might end up a wash between the two. Without a crystal ball, who knows?!?!

Reaction Score
I've always wondered if in some cases both the recruit and the head coach have come to a meeting of the minds and simply mutually decide to not announce it till after an official visit or in-home visit, whichever is next on the docket. This way it allows the recruit to take his visits and the coach to wait till he spends a little more time with the recruit before making it official, or as official a verbal commit can be, which we all know can change in a heartbeat.

I have a feeling this is the case with Enoch. I doubt that's the case with any of the others, though I have a strong feeling KO likes his chances with Stone and senses that he and his camp are saying all the right things when they talk.

The Jones & Clarke situation is a big mystery. Really hard to tell which one KO likes most. I've thought all along it was Jones with Clarke right there, but at this point, he might either have told them the first to commit gets the ship or maybe he's willing to take both. The problem with the latter is that whoever waits the longest, will probably look elsewhere since they pretty much play the same position and have very similar type games. As much as I'd love to land Jones and have a season or two of Sports Center highlight dunks, I think the chances of him sticking around as long as Clarke is likely low due to his uber-athleticism which tends to attract the NBA folks. It's very likely that although Jones' upside might be higher than Clarke's, that the level of contribution at the college level might end up a wash between the two. Without a crystal ball, who knows?!?!
Some kids just want to enjoy the upside of the recruiting process. They have to put up with all the phone calls from coaches, reporters, recruiting analysts etc. so why not enjoy the visits and being treated like royalty. Enoch appears to be a strong UConn lean but you never know.
Like many Boneyarders, I swear every year not to follow the recruiting roller coaster but every year I get dragged back in. Here we are breathlessly waiting for some 18 year old kid to choose UConn. There is something really dumb about that but I was never a Rhodes Scholar.

Reaction Score
Some kids just want to enjoy the upside of the recruiting process. They have to put up with all the phone calls from coaches, reporters, recruiting analysts etc. so why not enjoy the visits and being treated like royalty. Enoch appears to be a strong UConn lean but you never know.
Like many Boneyarders, I swear every year not to follow the recruiting roller coaster but every year I get dragged back in. Here we are breathlessly waiting for some 18 year old kid to choose UConn. There is something really dumb about that but I was never a Rhodes Scholar.
If you lived in KY you would be perfectly normal. That's their entire lives.

Reaction Score
I've always wondered if in some cases both the recruit and the head coach have come to a meeting of the minds and simply mutually decide to not announce it till after an official visit or in-home visit, whichever is next on the docket.
This kinda reminds me of going out with someone and at some point you both know it's on but you wait until the formalities at the bar are done before you...advance the relationship

Reaction Score
Rocktheworld said:
This kinda reminds me of going out with someone and at some point you both know it's on but you wait until the formalities at the bar are done before you...advance the relationship

Hopefully we get lucky.

Reaction Score

I enjoy recruiting but NEVER hold my breath over any player. Its fun when we pull in the big fish but i couldnt care less when highly rated players go elsewhere. How many All Americans did we have on last years team? How many did UK have? How many All Americans have Duke,UNC,Kansas and UK had since 1999?

Reaction Score
Think Enoch has been a done deal for a while, expect a commitment in the next two weeks.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
My daughter attended soccer camp at URI this summer. What a dump! The worst D1 school I've seen. If URI is smart, they'll make all of their official visits video conferences.....or Google Earth without zooming.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
My daughter attended soccer camp at URI this summer. What a dump! The worst D1 school I've seen. If URI is smart, they'll make all of their official visits video conferences.....or Google Earth without zooming.

URI has the best looking coeds in New England though. It's a veritable smorgasbord of hotness.

Not that that matters to your daughter of course.

Reaction Score
I enjoy recruiting but NEVER hold my breath over any player. Its fun when we pull in the big fish but i couldnt care less when highly rated players go elsewhere. How many All Americans did we have on last years team? How many did UK have? How many All Americans have Duke,UNC,Kansas and UK had since 1999?

I think KenSucky had 6 HS All Americans on their team this past year, but ZERO NCAA All Americans. We had Bazz as our All American & they didn't... How selfish of UConn....

Reaction Score
URI is that way because the state is poor and does not have the resources or the smart students that CT has. Ditto for UMass.

Reaction Score
We drove thru RI campus on our way to Newport and thought it was nice. My granddaughter graduated from UMass, which has a huge campus and was not adump by any means. Neither was as nice as UConn though.

Reaction Score
I went to URI, played golf there. Much smaller school than UConn in general. You gotta remember 75% of students live "down the line" in Narragansett. For 3 years I lived on the beach and 50 yds from from Black Point bar, which has since been bulldozed.

Reaction Score
URI has the best looking coeds in New England though. It's a veritable smorgasbord of hotness.

Not that that matters to your daughter of course.
isn't it salva regina the school with all the hot broads?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
isn't it salva regina the school with all the hot broads?

Maybe they do, but I'll happily ride the URI train all the way home. Just an unbelievable group of chicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom