Stetson Post Game Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Stetson Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Such a weak take. From what I've seen Hurley treats everyone equally. He's supposed to give a nice answer because she's a lad Lol. She's not a girl, she's a professional doing her job. I think calling her a girl and saying to treat them differently is offensive. Maybe that's just me.

Your assumption is that’s what I meant? Speaking of weak lol. It was over the top I thought whether it was a “lad”:rolleyes: or Ian Eagle. The interviews at halftime are now 90% lads. But maybe that’s just me.

Secure Dog

Blue Collar = Blue Blood
Reaction Score
You want us to tell Hurley that you are delusional. Do you think he would care?
I watched all four games in person with pretty good seats. All I can say is this. I know the game fairly well played in high school and coached for about ten years. My wife played in college was all state at Bristol Eastern in the late 90’s. I think she attended every Auriemma summer camp for like six years. So she knows the game pretty well herself.

My point if you watched these games the way we -played and the way everyone else played even if you were a novice you could see a marked difference. Other fans are almost accepting of the fact of how superior we are and just nod in agreement when talking about how good each team is.

Yes we can have a bad night and lose in a single elimination tourney, but if this were the nba no team playing college basketball would win two games against us in a 7 game series. Yesterday the only team that did something on the court that was similar was the intensity that JMU played defense. But they were so much more athletic and faster than Wisconsin it really seemed like they were just the better team. Dook will have problems with them but they are more athletic. However Dook is horrible defensively. But if yesterday was any indication the game will feel like a home game for JMU. Other than watching us dominate the amount of haters towards Dook was the best part of the day.

No player was booed more resoundingly than Flopowkoski when he was introduced during pregame.

Secure Dog

Blue Collar = Blue Blood
Reaction Score

I know why Tristen did not have a towel around his neck like Clingan:). He now is my favorite all time UConn player! We need to stop complaining about how we played. It struck me how focused this team was pre game. I shared a few words and a fist bump with Kimani while they were watching OT from the tunnel entrance at the end of the Northwestern/FAU game. No coach or player was smiling pre game they were just focused. This coach and staff are amazing.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Dude, I thought about him today. In my text thread with my longtime friends who are Ilinois, KU, and UK fans one of them randomly brought up Cliff Robinson and instantly I started thinking about Sticks and flooded them with videos.

Stanley is one of my all-time favorite guys...

Lol@ him yelling "gimme that " at both ends of the floor.... (Edit; nice lob from Austrie).

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They played exactly as they should have.

May God have mercy on Northwestern's soul. Another big win queued up.
Season 8 Episode 22 GIF by THE NEXT STEP

Reaction Score
Dude, I thought about him today. In my text thread with my longtime friends who are Ilinois, KU, and UK fans one of them randomly brought up Cliff Robinson and instantly I started thinking about Sticks and flooded them with videos.

Thanks for sharing the video. Truly one of my favorites. Was real upset when he passed. Loved that he went to work and came back to the team. Took that punishment and ran with it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Is this a mojo thing that I missed ? - "jorge34 has to post like an unhinged crazy person through the tournament"

If not, maybe there needs to be an auxiliary hanging
It is. When you don't have a hanging, some idiot ends up sacrificing themselves for mojo. Last year it was at halftime during the Iona game, the dude who was calling for Hurley to be fired. Instead of a mojo hanging, it's a mojo suicide. Seems to work just as well though.

Reaction Score
Eh, thumbs down on this. I'm tired of this. We have all summer to rip him, and I'm sure people will.
As we progress through the Tournament-Going to need his contributions to be successful. Giving Donovan a rest to keep him fresh is invaluable. Getting rebounds -through whatever combination of players-will be critical.

Northwestern has lunch pail-blue collar rebounders. Effort guys. Not the most athletic guys. Samson is certainly quicker on his feet and a lob threat when in the rotation. Actually thought Samson showed some aggressiveness and rebounded with authority vs Stetson.Progress

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I know why Tristen did not have a towel around his neck like Clingan:). He now is my favorite all time UConn player! We need to stop complaining about how we played. It struck me how focused this team was pre game. I shared a few words and a fist bump with Kimani while they were watching OT from the tunnel entrance at the end of the Northwestern/FAU game. No coach or player was smiling pre game they were just focused. This coach and staff are amazing.
The coaching staff does the unseen work but they are probably the best around. Would love to keep them intact longer.

Secure Dog

Blue Collar = Blue Blood
Reaction Score
I totally agree. I have never not been impressed with his time when he gets a chance. I'd really like to see him get meaningful minutes next year.
I really hope he stays. It has to be just our depth and perhaps his on ball defense or difficulty following the defensive rotations. But he can rebound, I think he has been under rated in this area but he has gotten much better. Perhaps he has gotten a little stronger and he looks every bit of 6’9” and is very long.

As for his offense, he can bring the ball up, he is just a flat out great shooter. He is certainly a plus passer. Our practices must be something to watch.

Give me:

Diarra, Ball, Stevie, him and Samson and they can compete with most teams. Ross also is very athletic. I hope they choose culture over BS when the me season starts.

Reaction Score

I kind of miss those grey unis, they were real clean

Reaction Score
I really hope he stays. It has to be just our depth and perhaps his on ball defense or difficulty following the defensive rotations. But he can rebound, I think he has been under rated in this area but he has gotten much better. Perhaps he has gotten a little stronger and he looks every bit of 6’9” and is very long.

As for his offense, he can bring the ball up, he is just a flat out great shooter. He is certainly a plus passer. Our practices must be something to watch.

Give me:

Diarra, Ball, Stevie, him and Samson and they can compete with most teams. Ross also is very athletic. I hope they choose culture over BS when the me season starts.
His on-ball defense really hasn't been bad this season. The only two weaknesses I see are that he's a little slow in switches (but always recovers) and tends to bite on every fake.

Reaction Score
Any idea what this guy is talking about on the Northwestern board? ESPN's play-by-play lists a missed 3 for Stetson in that stretch, but I can't find a full replay of the game at the moment. Is he just hallucinating?

screen.jpg

Reaction Score
Any idea what this guy is talking about on the Northwestern board? ESPN's play-by-play lists a missed 3 for Stetson in that stretch, but I can't find a full replay of the game at the moment. Is he just hallucinating?

View attachment 98115
He's hallucinating. Just rewatched and Newton banked in a 3 to make it 19-4, Stetson airballed a 3 and then Castle made a layup to make it 21-4

Reaction Score
How does the BY profanity filter not block out that name?
Everyone loses sometimes, and sometimes terribly.

There's a case to be made that him making a dozen ridiculous off balance step-backs led to the changes in philosophy that lead to 2 years of our dominance (more to come). I don't mind hearing that name with that in mind.

Reaction Score
He's hallucinating. Just rewatched and Newton banked in a 3 to make it 19-4, Stetson airballed a 3 and then Castle made a layup to make it 21-4
Lol. The shot was so bad he imagined it went it.

He rejected reality and inserted his own. Nerds for you.

Reaction Score
Is this the first time someone posted something that didn't actually happen on the internet.? I'm shocked!!! Lol

Secure Dog

Blue Collar = Blue Blood
Reaction Score
His on-ball defense really hasn't been bad this season. The only two weaknesses I see are that he's a little slow in switches (but always recovers) and tends to bite on every fake.
But it seems we do agree it is his defense keeping him on the bench. The only comment I will make is this. With all the three guard lineups we see , could he stay in front of a big guard or athletic wing. Because when he plays it is not usually against the other teams best. Even though it looks like he is getting bigger/stronger still don’t think he has the strength to play a stretch 4.

Maybe one more summer of getting stronger and he fills that role for us next year if AK leaves. Stewie will be Swiss Army knife like Castle he may be good enough next year to guard 1-4 so I could see him taking on the role Castle plays. Either way we are going to be on the smaller side at guard when Nowell and Diarra are on the court so I think we will need to play a little bigger on our front line. And that will be even tougher with Clingan playing in the nba.

But I regress, we have a big game tonight. From what I saw I do not think our staff is focusing on next years roster construction. They and the players are just super focused on the challenge directly in front of them.

Pre game they look like a bunch of guys in a bad mood. No smiles just pure focus. It was incredible to watch them watch the end of the FAU/NW game. No emotion just that focused stare.

Can’t wait to get to the arena later today.

Having lunch at Sarges then back to Brooklyn and onto to the Barclays center.

Let’s go UConn!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr