Stetson Post Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Stetson Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
He's a good player. People forget the ways injuries have impacted his in-game development.

He's going to be very good next year.

And he's relatively new to basketball I think too? Either way he didn't have any real playtime until this year at UConn so I think he could improve more than expected. I see a lot of folks think he can't be the starter but if he keeps playing like he has recently it isn't unthinkable to me by any stretch.

Looking forward to Jaylin next year, I think he might really show out. I also saw tonight just how big he is, there was one camera shot where I was like "woah".

Reaction Score
Score doesn’t mean a thing. They played terrible. They were being outscored in second half till the 10 minute mark against severely undermanned team.
Hurley was right. Not championship ball
Ridiculous….
You could see towards end of first half the guys were letting foot off of the gas. Extra unnecessary pass, little loose in ball handling, stuff you do when you know game is in the bag.

Hurley did a good job of rotating and keeping players focused. But reality is, Stetson was overmatched and there was literally nothing they could do to change the outcome.

Hardest part for UConn was mentally staying in the game. There is nothing to take away from this game other than it went as expected. Game over.

Hurley has to keep these guys hungry. That’s his job.
If you watched this game and came away with anything other than ‘pure dominance’, maybe start rooting for another team.
None of the NU fans I was sitting around want anything to do with UConn.

Reaction Score
Stetson, a team that was 28th nationally in 3 point percentage (37%) on pretty high volume, shot 15% today. We took them out of everything they wanted to do. Yes it led to some looks inside, but that’s now how they were going to make this a remotely close game.
I think someone mentioned Stetson lost by 23 to FAU earlier in season

Reaction Score
If Castle made that 360 dunk, it would've put draft scouts on notice. Top 5 notice!

Secure Dog

Blue Collar = Blue Blood
Reaction Score
JMU fans traveled really well they were very loud. Wisconsin fans were not very happy. Most of the JMU fans stood the whole game. Also not many Duke fans in Barclays they were booed loudly when they first came out. One game at a time. On to Northwestern.

Reaction Score
Clingan needs to score violently. Get the rebound, gather and slam it. Didn't affect anything today, but later rounds, we're gonna need those gimmes around the basket. Didn't help that Stetson defenders were using him as a set of monkey bars, but all the more reason to clear house and jam stuff it. Was nice to see them come out and shoot the zone defense out of Stetson.
I hear this take a lot, especially live at games where people are screaming at Clingan to “Just dunk it!” I don’t think the average person realizes how difficult it is to do that, even when you’re 7 2. There are very few people, even in the nba that can consistently just drop step and dunk the ball when another massive human is guarding them. Can he play a little more aggressive? Sure but it’s a lot easier said than done, and I think he would if he could.

Reaction Score
RIP Stix - he has an entire highlight reel that game alone
Dude, I thought about him today. In my text thread with my longtime friends who are Ilinois, KU, and UK fans one of them randomly brought up Cliff Robinson and instantly I started thinking about Sticks and flooded them with videos.

Stanley is one of my all-time favorite guys...

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I’ve watched most of the games so far and UConn is on another level. Their bad stretches are better than most teams good stretches. I was still nervous up 30 in the 2nd half but that’s my nature.
LOL !

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Anyone know what time we playing Sunday?
7:45.
IMG_2962.jpeg

Reaction Score
At the halftime interview, Hurley was pissed at the team for the way they played the last 2 minutes of that half. Can't imagine what he will say about their performance in the 2nd half.

Bottom line survive and advance, but most of that 2nd half was not pretty basketball on our part. Great first half tho! On to Northwestern!!

It was a clinic in the first half for the most part and I was disappointed in his halftime interview with the girl. Not a fan of the arrogance of it but I know most of you say that’s him. I get sayin “I’m not happy with the last 2-3 minutes but overall we played very good basketball in the first half” not the focus on “that’s not championship basketball” crap. I get expectations but sorry I’m more impressed with coaches that are nice to these ladies at halftime. Just me.

Reaction Score
Tell Hurley that

He was wrong at halftime minus the finish they played very good for the most part in the first half. 2nd half, yeah they played with a little less passion but it’s the nature of the beast. Did what they had to do and now it needs to be a full 40 of passion versus a very good and smart Northwestern team.

Reaction Score
Gotta love Rutgers fans claiming Spencer as their own. LOL
My brother in law Rutgers grad, and of course Pikiell a Husky so at first I felt bad for them….until I realized he just played a year there. He was just passing through New Brunswick enroute to Storrs.

Reaction Score
We crushed our fist opponent in a realistic title defense run at arguably the high point of our program, game full of great performances and all we have is a 3 page post game thread with half the comments negative?
Chest thumpers, band wagoneers, wannabes, call em what you want, they ain’t all in Huskies!

Reaction Score
It was a clinic in the first half for the most part and I was disappointed in his halftime interview with the girl. Not a fan of the arrogance of it but I know most of you say that’s him. I get sayin “I’m not happy with the last 2-3 minutes but overall we played very good basketball in the first half” not the focus on “that’s not championship basketball” crap. I get expectations but sorry I’m more impressed with coaches that are nice to these ladies at halftime. Just me.
Such a weak take. From what I've seen Hurley treats everyone equally. He's supposed to give a nice answer because she's a lad Lol. She's not a girl, she's a professional doing her job. I think calling her a girl and saying to treat them differently is offensive. Maybe that's just me.

Reaction Score
And he's relatively new to basketball I think too? Either way he didn't have any real playtime until this year at UConn so I think he could improve more than expected. I see a lot of folks think he can't be the starter but if he keeps playing like he has recently it isn't unthinkable to me by any stretch.

Looking forward to Jaylin next year, I think he might really show out. I also saw tonight just how big he is, there was one camera shot where I was like "woah".
I think Jaylin is not done growing. Looks young, lost some weight, got fit
Add another inch and man muscle and experience
Watch out

Reaction Score
A year ago, I was worried that we’d choke in the 1st round for the third year straight and Coach Hurley would get closer and closer to the hot seat

Now, I’m reading arguments about if we played well or not as we steamrolled our way to a 40pt tournament win

I’ll take it!

You’re allowed to get outscored by 8-10 for a few minutes if you win the other minutes by 45-50. Bring on Northwestern!

Reaction Score
Sir Charles and the crew liked his comments…holding guys to a championship standard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom