Stetson at #9 Tennessee (SEC Network Plus) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Stetson at #9 Tennessee (SEC Network Plus)

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
Darn, that game was putrid even by holly standards...itll be a long year for tenn in sec play..but hey, they could make a final four...in the wnit lol

Reaction Score
The vols forum is in a bit of denial.

Tennessee's issues has never been the horses, they have the talent. They are not coached and motivated well enough more times than not. The offense is putrid.

Holly may be a great person, but she is not HC material. Assistant role is where she belongs. Summitt would be mortified with some of these performances under Holly.

Reaction Score
The vols forum is in a bit of denial.

Tennessee's issues has never been the horses, they have the talent. They are not coached and motivated well enough more times than not. The offense is putrid.

Holly may be a great person, but she is not HC material. Assistant role is where she belongs. Summitt would be mortified with some of these performances under Holly.

Yes good points you make.... and as much as Pat's career was great.... part of her legacy was hand picking Holly for their future greatness.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Actually reading the game thread on the Vols forum there wasn't a single poster that wasn't embarrassed, while the overwhelming majority called for Holly's head. Holly started 5 Mickey D AA's and by the end of the year not a one will be considered for WCBB AA status. Again. I think that is her most egregious failure. As a coach Holly makes a great assistant and recruiter.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Only Lewis Carroll could appreciate Holly's predicament with the Hatters.

There may also be a tenuous link to Bartholomew Cubbins.

image.jpeg

Last edited:

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
I'm no longer the slightest bit worried about UT in the SEC. I now see UK as probably the only team that can mount any kind of challenge to MSU. Last year may have caused people to sleep on UK, but Matthew Mitchell is serving notice that, warts be damned, he's still one of the better coaches in the country. They actually look like the only other SEC team with Sweet Sixteen potential right now, but I can see SC improving or UT making a run if they decide to play hard two games in a row.

I have no ill will towards Holly, as she seems like a quality person, but it's obvious she has serious coaching deficiencies. MSU still has no McD AA's (Andi wasn't, was she?), but the idea that Vic would ever put a team on the court that looked like UT in that 1st half is out of the question. MSU (and many others) would've won that game by 50 ten out of ten times. Pathetic performance.

ETA OK, maybe ten out of ten is a bit much, but still very worrying that it was even possible for UT to fall 20 pts behind this team ranked in the 300's.

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well I thought Tennessee was done at the half, but whatever Holly said to her team at the intermission worked. Part of it was the wheels coming off for Stetson in the third quarter, but hey they came back, just like UConn had to against St. Johns.
There is a BIG difference between St. Johns and Stetson. If they had been playing St. Johns and played the way they did against Stetson, Tennessee would have lost by 30.
St John's would be a 20 point favorite if they played Stetson.

Reaction Score
Tennessee will be fine. Missing Kushkituah right now with a day to day sore knee. Out scored them 43-17 in the second half. Again Stetson not much to cheer for but Westbrook now has 3 20+
Games on the year and Rennia Davis is coming into her own. Freshman still need some time but the poise is there unlike previous years where once a team was up Tennessee would never come back. The WANT is there, execution will take time.

Reaction Score
Tennessee will be fine. Missing Kushkituah right now with a day to day sore knee. Out scored them 43-17 in the second half. Again Stetson not much to cheer for but Westbrook now has 3 20+
Games on the year and Rennia Davis is coming into her own. Freshman still need some time but the poise is there unlike previous years where once a team was up Tennessee would never come back. The WANT is there, execution will take time.

lol

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Coming into her own? Davis was the most impressive freshman last season. There are those on Vol Nation who said she has regressed.

Reaction Score
I am impressed with Evina Westbrook in the 2 Tennessee games I have watched. If not for her, Tennessee would not be ranked where they are currently.

Reaction Score
What was Warlick's reaction to the performance?
I might've benched some people after that. C Green for one.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
"will take time", as in multiple decades, if not centuries.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom