2023 Recruiting: - Stephon Castle | Page 15 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Stephon Castle

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Maybe Rob could get Chief as a guest? I am sure the Chief's schedule is super busy so it might just be a pipe dream.
It depends if he has enough in his budget to pay Chief00 then he can worry about scheduling issues. Might be cheaper to get Geno, Dickie V or even Elvis

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
So here's the way the sausage gets made: When a player is good enough, all of the major outlets are going to try and secure the commitment announcement live. HQ does it. ESPN does it. We've done them at the Field of 68. There's a healthy level of competition there. HQ is not the only outlet that was chasing Castles.

In the days prior to those broadcasts, the player will do interviews with all of print/website outlets that cover recruiting (On3, ESPN, 247, Rivals, etc.), and there are agreements in place that the decision will not be leaked or the quotes/story made public until the official announcement is made. The reporters are within their right to publish those stories the second they get quotes on the record, but if you do that, you'll never get a player telling you anything ever again. Burning access isn't worth scooping one commitment that isn't a secret to anyone in the industry.

It's rare that there is ever a "surprise" on these selections. Zion was one. Jamal Murray was another. Beyond that, I can't really think of any off the top of my head where we didn't know before hand.
Been a long time since I learned something real on this board… it’s a weird feeling. Not sure I like it

Reaction Score
Castle follows a ton of people involved with UConn basketball on his Instagram - coaches, players, and even managers.

Last edited:

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

Possibly only equaled by this gem. I might crack a beer at 6AM for dear old Chiefy at the football finale.

Reaction Score
So here's the way the sausage gets made: When a player is good enough, all of the major outlets are going to try and secure the commitment announcement live. HQ does it. ESPN does it. We've done them at the Field of 68. There's a healthy level of competition there. HQ is not the only outlet that was chasing Castles.

In the days prior to those broadcasts, the player will do interviews with all of print/website outlets that cover recruiting (On3, ESPN, 247, Rivals, etc.), and there are agreements in place that the decision will not be leaked or the quotes/story made public until the official announcement is made. The reporters are within their right to publish those stories the second they get quotes on the record, but if you do that, you'll never get a player telling you anything ever again. Burning access isn't worth scooping one commitment that isn't a secret to anyone in the industry.

It's rare that there is ever a "surprise" on these selections. Zion was one. Jamal Murray was another. Beyond that, I can't really think of any off the top of my head where we didn't know before hand.
Rob-- Appreciate your insight and input. Welcome to the Yard..Never dull

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Oh my god, Chief's performance in that thread is so much worse than I remember.
Wow. So did he start referring to himself in the 3rd person after that nightmare? Also curious about the "love potion" thread now...

Reaction Score
I truly do not understand why Chief gets picked on. I always looked forward to reading his inputs even if some where iffy. I want to hear from him, its better info than the 'hypotheticals or my insider says" that we now always hear.

Is there a reason why he is picked on that I may not be aware of?

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Some people may not remember but this thread is actually about Stephon Castle

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I truly do not understand why Chief gets picked on. I always looked forward to reading his inputs even if some where iffy. I want to hear from him, its better info than the 'hypotheticals or my insider says" that we now always hear.

Is there a reason why he is picked on that I may not be aware of?
Seriously? I'm going to guess this is sarcasm. I'm not one of the Chief haters on here but it's pretty obvious why he gets picked on.

Reaction Score
Is there a channel on tv or is this strictly something you have to stream online?
For those wondering, I just downloaded cbs sports app on fire stick and you can watch it there

Reaction Score
No I'm not chief. Just an old 54 year old alumni from Stratford but now in Raleigh, NC
Just messin around. Chief is/was an arrogant, self fulfilling individual who was sorta tuned in but also significantly less so than he made it seem. Also overall just a satirical character. Hard to describe.

Reaction Score
Just messin around. Chief is/was an arrogant, self fulfilling individual who was sorta tuned in but also significantly less so than he made it seem. Also overall just a satirical character. Hard to describe.
does he still come on at all? maybe another name?

Reaction Score
When's the last time a recruit was this close to announcing without any rumble or any crystal balls? This fam keeps things close shut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom