2023 Recruiting: - Stephon Castle | Page 14 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Stephon Castle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
I'm so glad that I was able to read that thread for the first time. Pure gold.

Reaction Score
So anyway, back to Stephon Castle. Auburn fans don't think he's going to be a Tiger . . .

1637345539528.png

Reaction Score
I like how this is trending but never discount the efforts an SEC school can put forward in the final hours
Or some ACC schools for that matter.

Reaction Score
I like how this is trending but never discount the efforts an SEC school can put forward in the final hours
Or some ACC schools for that matter.
If he already did media interviews then he already made his choice. Unless they come in with a fat bag of cash, it's over

Reaction Score
Things can always change in recruiting, but I will say this: He did his interviews with national outlets Wednesday. Have a blessed Friday

If he already did media interviews then he already made his choice. Unless they come in with a fat bag of cash, it's over
Pardon my ignorance, but what does this mean? Are you saying he told reporters where he's going, and they're expected to sit on it until after his announcement?

Reaction Score
Pardon my ignorance, but what does this mean? Are you saying he told reporters where he's going, and they're expected to sit on it until after his announcement?
Correct. That's how they all get their articles out within minutes of the announcements

Reaction Score
Yes. It's so they can write their articles and have them ready to go when he officially announces.

Reaction Score
Correct. That's how they all get their articles out within minutes of the announcements

Yes. It's so they can write their articles and have them ready to go when he officially announces.
Interesting. That makes me think the Auburn fans' certainty is based on leaks. If dozens of people (family and media) know his choice, ain't no way it stays contained within that group.

Reaction Score
Would be nice if one day posters on this board realized every time they insinuate another school "stealing" a commitment with a bag of cash, they are indirectly insulting the values and integrity of the recruits we're trying to bring in.

Do I think the comments on this board would sway their decision? No.

Is it still a bad look? Yes.

Reaction Score
I usually am heavily into recruiting but for some reason not that involved in the 2023 class, what are peoples ideal/most realistic 2023 class?

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
"I just talked to UConn the other day." -- video was posted back in June

Reaction Score
Kind of strange that there's still not a single Crystal Ball prediction on 247Sports.com. Maybe they all know where he's going but just don't want to give it away since Castle gave them interviews already?

Reaction Score
Kind of strange that there's still not a single Crystal Ball prediction on 247Sports.com. Maybe they all know where he's going but just don't want to give it away since Castle gave them interviews already?

The young man is pretty smart. So are his advisors. Damn savvy strategy I think.

Reaction Score

Yeah its weird how tight lipped this one has been, but I'm taking that as a good sign for UConn. I've been refreshing the crystal balls anyway but it's kind of nice to be getting a surprise announcement at 5

Reaction Score
So here's the way the sausage gets made: When a player is good enough, all of the major outlets are going to try and secure the commitment announcement live. HQ does it. ESPN does it. We've done them at the Field of 68. There's a healthy level of competition there. HQ is not the only outlet that was chasing Castles.

In the days prior to those broadcasts, the player will do interviews with all of print/website outlets that cover recruiting (On3, ESPN, 247, Rivals, etc.), and there are agreements in place that the decision will not be leaked or the quotes/story made public until the official announcement is made. The reporters are within their right to publish those stories the second they get quotes on the record, but if you do that, you'll never get a player telling you anything ever again. Burning access isn't worth scooping one commitment that isn't a secret to anyone in the industry.

It's rare that there is ever a "surprise" on these selections. Zion was one. Jamal Murray was another. Beyond that, I can't really think of any off the top of my head where we didn't know before hand.

Reaction Score
So here's the way the sausage gets made: When a player is good enough, all of the major outlets are going to try and secure the commitment announcement live. HQ does it. ESPN does it. We've done them at the Field of 68. There's a healthy level of competition there. HQ is not the only outlet that was chasing Castles.

In the days prior to those broadcasts, the player will do interviews with all of print/website outlets that cover recruiting (On3, ESPN, 247, Rivals, etc.), and there are agreements in place that the decision will not be leaked or the quotes/story made public until the official announcement is made. The reporters are within their right to publish those stories the second they get quotes on the record, but if you do that, you'll never get a player telling you anything ever again. Burning access isn't worth scooping one commitment that isn't a secret to anyone in the industry.

It's rare that there is ever a "surprise" on these selections. Zion was one. Jamal Murray was another. Beyond that, I can't really think of any off the top of my head where we didn't know before hand.
Just tell us...we can all keep a secret

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Just tell us...we can all keep a secret

It's already pretty clear if you've read the thread. The kid clearly wants to have his moment. You'll know in a little over an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom