Stephanie Mavunga granted release to transfer | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Stephanie Mavunga granted release to transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

For those of you interested in the full look of the white uniforms. I like them. And Duke and Michigan State are by far the ugliest looks out there and have been for years and years. :cool:

Major improvement!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Would someone be kind enough to translate this for me ? Thank You.

No need to play a physical and plodding style now that Deshields and Russell are on the scene. They are great, and will have the lady vols shining again this season.

Reaction Score
Turtle wax your car and use an ultrasonic machine to clean your engagement ring and both will shine. I guess that was what was meant?

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
She is likely waiting until USAB is over to make a decision, which is good for TN, but I still think she goes to OSU.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I'm really glad she's not going to Kentucky. I can't stand UK. They don't need another MMA fighting basketball player.

Tennessee could've used her but they're in good position with several 2016 and 2017 post players... or so I've heard. So it's not like they HAD to have her. They'll be fine.

BuckLucas

Bucks Are The Crux
Reaction Score
Ohio State will be good this year.......Really good the following year.... On paper they will match up with Huskies.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Ohio State will be good this year..Really good the following year.... On paper they will match up with Huskies.
Ohio State could be very good the following year but I don't think they would match up with the Huskies then. They could cause them some fits in play but Ohio State would need another game changing recruit to add to the mix before they could be considered a match for the Huskies.

Ohio State's Roster 2016-17
Lisa Blair (R-SR [6'6" Post who has improved but not an impact player, may not see much time by this year])
Shayla Cooper* (R-SR [Transfer, is R-SR the right description?])
Kelsey Mitchell* (JR [National Freshmen of the Year, Big 10 Player of the Year (possibly twice by this time, All-American])
Alexa Hart* (JR [Most Improved through freshmen season, All-Big Ten])
Asia Doss* (Hustle Guard, who does what needs to be done to win. Not an offensive threat year])
Kianna Holland (R-JR [Hasn't played competitive basketball in three years])
Sierra Calhoun (R-JR [Verstile player average 10.1 points, won't have played competitive basketball in a year and a half])
Stephanie Mavunga* (R-JR [All-ACC Center])
Chelsea Mitchell (R-So [Three-Star recruit out of high school, torn ACL has not proven herself])
Makayla Waterman (R-So [Top 50 recruit out of high school. Torn two ACL's, could be good])
Kaylan Pugh (Sophomore [Top 50 recruit. Talented Wing])
Theresa Ekhelar (Sophomore [6'6" very similar to Blair but more atheltic.])
(Zero 2016 recruits at this time, Not sure of any top 20 recruits considering the Buckeyes)

*My expected starting 5

Uconn's Roster 2016-17
Morgan Tuck* (R-SR [All-American Center with great BBALL IQ and great footwork])
Saniya Chong (SR [Can score and is quick, liability on Defense])
Tierney Lawlor (SR [Walk-On who plays in blowouts])
Natalie Butler* (R-JR [Big Post, Proven Big East center, hasn't played competitive bball in a year])
Kia Nurse* (JR [All-American Season, Canadian National Team Player])
Gabby Williams* (JR [Crazy Athlete, played out of position Freshmen year still made an impact])
Courtney Ekmark (JR [Known to be a shooter in HS, I don't know much about her for College])
KLS (Soph [Could easily be a starter by now, Top recruit in the Nation, Size and Skill])
Napheesa Collier* (Soph [Impressive. Fills a stat-sheet, proven international player])
Dejanae Boykin (Soph [Once the Top player in her class, Athletic, not as polished Tuck])
Crystal Dangerfield (Fresh [Could start as well, but freshmen so I doubt it in the beginning. Second-Coming of Moriah])
Kyla Irwin (Fresh [Hustle Player with size])
Molly Bent (Fresh [Smart 5'9" Guard. Recruited by all the Ivies])

*My expected starting 5

Just because Uconn loses Stewie and Moriah doesn't mean they'll drop off the top. That's still a more proven team than tOSU. I'd love to be wrong and have tOSU beat UConn (I'm an Ohio State fan at heart, please don't hate me everyone) but I can't see it, yet. It'll be closer in 2016 than this coming season but I think they need another Top 10 recruit for tOSU and excellent chemistry and a good tournament run in 2015 to boost their confidence.

BuckLucas

Bucks Are The Crux
Reaction Score
Didn't say anything about Connecticut dropping off the map, they are the top dog no question. I like our five next year......

BuckLucas

Bucks Are The Crux
Reaction Score
Didn't say anything about Connecticut dropping off the map, they are the top dog no question. I like our five next year......

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Ohio State could be very good the following year but I don't think they would match up with the Huskies then. They could cause them some fits in play but Ohio State would need another game changing recruit to add to the mix before they could be considered a match for the Huskies.

Ohio State's Roster 2016-17
Lisa Blair (R-SR [6'6" Post who has improved but not an impact player, may not see much time by this year])
Shayla Cooper* (R-SR [Transfer, is R-SR the right description?])
Kelsey Mitchell* (JR [National Freshmen of the Year, Big 10 Player of the Year (possibly twice by this time, All-American])
Alexa Hart* (JR [Most Improved through freshmen season, All-Big Ten])
Asia Doss* (Hustle Guard, who does what needs to be done to win. Not an offensive threat year])
Kianna Holland (R-JR [Hasn't played competitive basketball in three years])
Sierra Calhoun (R-JR [Verstile player average 10.1 points, won't have played competitive basketball in a year and a half])
Stephanie Mavunga* (R-JR [All-ACC Center])
Chelsea Mitchell (R-So [Three-Star recruit out of high school, torn ACL has not proven herself])
Makayla Waterman (R-So [Top 50 recruit out of high school. Torn two ACL's, could be good])
Kaylan Pugh (Sophomore [Top 50 recruit. Talented Wing])
Theresa Ekhelar (Sophomore [6'6" very similar to Blair but more atheltic.])
(Zero 2016 recruits at this time, Not sure of any top 20 recruits considering the Buckeyes)

*My expected starting 5

Uconn's Roster 2016-17
Morgan Tuck* (R-SR [All-American Center with great BBALL IQ and great footwork])
Saniya Chong (SR [Can score and is quick, liability on Defense])
Tierney Lawlor (SR [Walk-On who plays in blowouts])
Natalie Butler* (R-JR [Big Post, Proven Big East center, hasn't played competitive bball in a year])
Kia Nurse* (JR [All-American Season, Canadian National Team Player])
Gabby Williams* (JR [Crazy Athlete, played out of position Freshmen year still made an impact])
Courtney Ekmark (JR [Known to be a shooter in HS, I don't know much about her for College])
KLS (Soph [Could easily be a starter by now, Top recruit in the Nation, Size and Skill])
Napheesa Collier* (Soph [Impressive. Fills a stat-sheet, proven international player])
Dejanae Boykin (Soph [Once the Top player in her class, Athletic, not as polished Tuck])
Crystal Dangerfield (Fresh [Could start as well, but freshmen so I doubt it in the beginning. Second-Coming of Moriah])
Kyla Irwin (Fresh [Hustle Player with size])
Molly Bent (Fresh [Smart 5'9" Guard. Recruited by all the Ivies])

*My expected starting 5

Just because Uconn loses Stewie and Moriah doesn't mean they'll drop off the top. That's still a more proven team than tOSU. I'd love to be wrong and have tOSU beat UConn (I'm an Ohio State fan at heart, please don't hate me everyone) but I can't see it, yet. It'll be closer in 2016 than this coming season but I think they need another Top 10 recruit for tOSU and excellent chemistry and a good tournament run in 2015 to boost their confidence.

Ohio State should be really really good in a couple of years. This year they had an incredibly small roster, but they'll have a lot of depth and talent with Calhoun and Mavunga on board. I don't think they can match up with UCONN position by position, but Mitchell could easily be the best player in the country by her junior season, and Mavunga could be a solid All-American in 2016-17. I'm interested to see how Calhoun develops as a player, I think she is a lot better than she showed at Duke.

Barring a slew of transfers in next year's off season, 2016-17 is projecting to be the most competitive season since 2010-11 and possibly since 2007-08. Connecticut will still be very strong, but will be in reloading mode rather than cruise control which means other teams might have a fighting chance to win. Baylor should have its deepest roster ever, Tennesee projects to have its best squad since 2008, Notre Dame and South Carolina will be early title favorites alongside Connecticut, and Ohio State should have its best team in over 20 years. Not to mention Duke will be loaded, Maryland should be very strong, Kentucky will be good, Texas should have a talented roster, etc.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Stwain is a good natured soul and, I'm sure, doesn't mind the teasing but folks should know that English is stwain's second language.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Ohio State should be really really good in a couple of years. This year they had an incredibly small roster, but they'll have a lot of depth and talent with Calhoun and Mavunga on board. I don't think they can match up with UCONN position by position, but Mitchell could easily be the best player in the country by her junior season, and Mavunga could be a solid All-American in 2016-17. I'm interested to see how Calhoun develops as a player, I think she is a lot better than she showed at Duke.

Barring a slew of transfers in next year's off season, 2016-17 is projecting to be the most competitive season since 2010-11 and possibly since 2007-08. Connecticut will still be very strong, but will be in reloading mode rather than cruise control which means other teams might have a fighting chance to win. Baylor should have its deepest roster ever, Tennesee projects to have its best squad since 2008, Notre Dame and South Carolina will be early title favorites alongside Connecticut, and Ohio State should have its best team in over 20 years. Not to mention Duke will be loaded, Maryland should be very strong, Kentucky will be good, Texas should have a talented roster, etc.

It will be a very exciting year for all of Women's Basketball because it might be the first year in a long time there isn't a clearcut favorite to win it all. I do agree that all those teams mentioned will be very strong and there will probably be some surprises there too. Mitchell is definitely a game changer, she basically carried her team through the season and so with more help and rest for the team can only make it better. Mavunga, Hart, and Mitchell will be a formidable trio. It will be crucial for them to have a strong recruiting class this year for them to continue their rise into a consistent threat come tourney time. Something interesting of note is Jim Foster was unable to get a single recruit from the Class of 2013 out of high school, McGuff was able to bring in three players from that class. (Holland did originally commit to tOSU but recanted later). So it seems the mentality about tOSU is changing so that can only be good for the team.

BuckLucas

Bucks Are The Crux
Reaction Score
Yes that's a good trio but you are forgetting Hart too. She will be a factor to contend with as she gets stronger... Her progress was considerable last year. They are not Connecticut yet but they do have 10 players who were rated in their top 40 classes.

Reaction Score
Ohio State will be good this year..Really good the following year.... On paper they will match up with Huskies.
Are you kidding me! Ohio State, unless something has changed, is one of the most underperforming teams in women's basketball, year after year! Maybe things have changed a bit but I'm not very confident about it at all!

BuckLucas

Bucks Are The Crux
Reaction Score
You are 100 percent correct ....But we are talking night and day here. You are referencing the Foster years. We have a coach now that will reverse that trend...

Reaction Score
You are 100 percent correct ....But we are talking night and day here. You are referencing the Foster years. We have a coach now that will reverse that trend...

I think the jury is out on McGuff as a coach. I was not impressed with Ohio State's playing style.

BuckLucas

Bucks Are The Crux
Reaction Score
Really, he put Xavier on the map, rebuilt Washington. Ohio State was pretty decent last year with seven players......yes they play helter skelter and they do need to pick it up at the defensive end.....let's see what they do this year with a bench. They do lack size and that will be a thorn all year...

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
BuckLucas said:
Really, he put Xavier on the map, rebuilt Washington. Ohio State was pretty decent last year with seven players.yes they play helter skelter and they do need to pick it up at the defensive end.....let's see what they do this year with a bench. They do lack size and that will be a thorn all year...

Count me as one who thinks the Buckeyes will be relevant in the future. McGuff is a decent coach and time will tell what he can do but yea, he had some strong teams at Xavier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom