Stephanie Mavunga granted release to transfer | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Stephanie Mavunga granted release to transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Taken from another thread.... seems appropriate :p

Im listening to WRAL (the Triangle) sports radio. they just announced that Mavunga is leaving

LOL Like I said.

Look out your window and let us know if you see any vultures clad in pumpkin orange heading toward CH.

Guess I missed them......... then again....... maybe they were flying at night... harder to detect then :cool:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Mavunga was in Knoxville today. Holly, Mercedes, and Diamond are in Korea. Recruiting is strange!

Not sure she should follow DeShields to Knoxville. The last time she did that I didn't work out so well.

If she has her own interest, that is different.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Mavunga is visiting Knoxville according to a tweet. Tweet also said she is thought to be a Ohio State lean
I'm not buying the OSU lean part. For her to visit Knoxville when the head coach, her former teammate (DD) and the player she will likely be competing for playing time against (MR) are all away says she really wanted to visit now & OSU and everyone else can wait.

Reaction Score
I'm not buying the OSU lean part. For her to visit Knoxville when the head coach, her former teammate (DD) and the player she will likely be competing for playing time against (MR) are all away says she really wanted to visit now & OSU and everyone else can wait.
MR at the 5 and Mavunga at the 4 would work just fine.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
She has already visited OSU I'm pretty sure. Not that that matters but I'm fairly certain she was already there this past week.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
if she was in Knoxville today. She saw the new Nike Uniforms.

Reaction Score
She has visited Kentucky and OSU and is likely to decide prior to USA training camp which is in just a few days I believe. Mavunga, IIRC, had a good relationship with Dean Lockwood in the recruiting process but it is believed he is in Michigan right now like he is every year before recruiting picks up in July. It is very strange to me.

Mavunga would likely step into Basharra's spot since she will be eligible after Bash graduates this year. We lose Moore and Graves and would only have Russell, Jones and Nared (and the latter two have played more on the perimeter) as the only frontcourt players with major minutes returning. Mavunga is actually a huge need for us and the last minute decision to visit Knoxville tells me the staff sold her on that enough to get her to check it out.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Hope they look better than that crap the Lady Vols have been wearing for years. Nike does have the best uniforms.

Reaction Score
Per twitter, she was playing quite a bit of pick-up with Te'a, Meme, and Dunbar. We'll see how this turns out, but she would fill in nicely for Graves. My only concern is that if we are selling immediate playing time to these talented 2016'ers (Cox, Holmes, McCoy, McCune, etc..), does adding Mavunga change that in their eyes?

Reaction Score
Hope they look better than that crap the Lady Vols have been wearing for years. e does have the best uniforms.
They don't have any of the blue trim that we've become accustomed to seeing. They look very much like the men's uniforms, except with the Lady Vols logo replacing anywhere there is a Power T. They've also developed a Gray alternate uniform that is pretty slick. One thing that is significant is that Tennessee is a Nike Elite program for football and basketball, meaning we get better/more gear than a lot of schools will, which we can sell in recruiting.

Reaction Score

these ?

CI6b9dAXAAEw4r1.jpg

VFLfan

Vol For Life
Reaction Score
these ?

CI6b9dAXAAEw4r1.jpg
That's the alternate football uni's. "Smokey" gray with the outline of the Smokey Mtns on the helmet. Still have the orange and white uni's too. The LVs bball uni's are pretty cool too.

Reaction Score
I loved a lot of the "alternate uniforms".

Tennessee's look really nice.

UConn's uniforms on the other hand are not very nice IMO. (Just one man's opinion).

I wish UConn had an all black or silver uniform with a bit of white, blue and red in there.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I loved a lot of the "alternate uniforms".

Tennessee's look really nice.

UConn's uniforms on the other hand are not very nice IMO. (Just one man's opinion).

I wish UConn had an all black or silver uniform with a bit of white, blue and red in there.
Check out @Vol_Photos's Tweet:

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I bet VolNation is going bonkers right now. Lol

VFLfan

Vol For Life
Reaction Score
I bet VolNation is going bonkers right now. Lol

Lots wanted to stick with traditional orange, white and baby blue for our gals. I, for one, love the gray ones. They said the whole team loves all the new uni's too and that is the most important thing.

Reaction Score

For those of you interested in the full look of the white uniforms. I like them. And Duke and Michigan State are by far the ugliest looks out there and have been for years and years. :cool:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
For those of you interested in the full look of the white uniforms. I like them. And Duke and Michigan State are by far the ugliest looks out there and have been for years and years. :cool:

Obama-aw-hell-naw-500x319.jpg

You can't be talking about women's uniforms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member