State of the Program | Page 2 | The Boneyard

State of the Program

Reaction Score
Can Wilson transfer back to St Johns? He can’t beat out Polley. That says it all. This is college basketball not football. Freshmen either have it or they don’t. The only guys who “grow into the job” are bigs. Forwards not so much. He can’t shoot has no bbiq and doesn’t play defense.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
This is college basketball not football. Freshmen either have it or they don’t. The only guys who “grow into the job” are bigs. Forwards not so much.

I was as disappointed with Wilson's performance as anyone here (the people I went to today's game with can confirm that), but this just isn't accurate.

Reaction Score
I was as disappointed with Wilson's performance as anyone here (the people I went to today's game with can confirm that), but this just isn't accurate.
Please tell me when Wilson did anything to make you think he is more than an over hyped bench guy.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Please tell me when Wilson did anything to make you think he is more than an over hyped bench guy.

There are hundreds upon hundreds - perhaps thousands - of highly successful college basketball players who looked like crap their first year. I think BA and Polley should be taking much more of Wilson's minutes than they are currently, but anyone who's closing the door on Sid completely just isn't a smart human being.

Reaction Score
Ladies and gentlemen the snowball effect from the Villanova game continues.

Minus Adams and Gilbert, the so called recruiting advantage we have had had been no better than anyone in the AAC. Adams and Gilbert have their own flaws, which mitigates any real recruiting advantage we are supposed to have over the conference.

That is being addressed for next year and needs to be continually addressed. Other than Vital, Rique, Polley, and Sid, every other plyer on this team is expendable.

I trust in Hurley, but he needs to call better timeouts and make some second half adjustments like other teams do.

Jalen Adams is hurting the team a lot due to his own deficiencies, but taking the ball out of his hands and making him a spot shooter has never been his game. This has really hurt his game and fueled his bad habits.

PS: The 3 guard lineup we play really exposes our lack of size. We get bottled up like children. Starting from next year we need to play big like the traditional Lineups we had during Calhoun.
Why isn’t Polley expendable? He doesn’t seem like a Uconn player and the verdict is still up on Wilson who doesn’t do much besides jump well. The others I agree.

Reaction Score
Gilbert is where basically every star point guard at UConn has heen early in their career. He is a total stud and will get there.

Don't want to hear another word about how Jalen has unfairly had the ball taken out of his hands. He's had a million chances to be the man and he has never come through. It's Gilbert's team and we will deal with the headaches because there should be light at the end of the tunnel with him.
The fact we could have Al for 3.5 more years is the most overlooked, really exciting part of the future

Reaction Score
PS: The 3 guard lineup we play really exposes our lack of size. We get bottled up like children. Starting from next year we need to play big like the traditional Lineups we had during Calhoun.
Ah, you mean the ones with two point guards and a 6'7" PF. Oh, wait...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The fact we could have Al for 3.5 more years is the most overlooked, really exciting part of the future
I was thinking exactly that today.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

He’ll get a 6th year?

Reaction Score
Why isn’t Polley expendable? He doesn’t seem like a Uconn player and the verdict is still up on Wilson who doesn’t do much besides jump well. The others I agree.

Because Polley and Wilson have height, length, and some ability that can be useful for the team. They’re worth investing in.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I was wondering that and iirc it’s not out of the question?

I dunno... I can’t remember someone getting a 6th year when it wasn’t the 5th they got hurt.

Reaction Score

Stairs you can’t tell a good player from a bad player to save your life just like you couldn’t tell a bad coach from a good one.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
That was me having fun with Kwin the dunk champ. Don’t take every post too seriously.

I was right about Ollie. You were very wrong. I was right about Brimah and Vital, you were not.

I said many times that Sid sucks and Polley is better than him. You were among the many wrong again regarding Sid the Kid.

You were impressed by Sloppy Tarin Smith. I said it from the beginning he is a carbon copy of Antwoine Anderson, etc.

You are wrong about everything that has ever existed -- and you're a pathological liar to boot!

Reaction Score
I trust in Hurley, but he needs to call better timeouts and make some second half adjustments like other teams do.

Already this crap? dude! This team stinks talent wise. This team would struggle as a mid major !

Reaction Score
I’m not worried about this year for all of the reasons others have mentioned ad nauseam. Smashing Syracuse was just a bonus. Hell, I’m not even too concerned about next year as long as we see improvement. 20-21 is the key year imo.

Reaction Score
That was me having fun with Kwin the dunk champ. Don’t take every post too seriously.

I was right about Ollie. You were very wrong. I was right about Brimah and Vital, you were not.

I said many times that Sid sucks and Polley is better than him. You were among the many wrong again regarding Sid the Kid.

You were impressed by Sloppy Tarin Smith. I said it from the beginning he is a carbon copy of Antwoine Anderson, etc.

God your posts are terrible.

Reaction Score
There are hundreds upon hundreds - perhaps thousands - of highly successful college basketball players who looked like crap their first year. I think BA and Polley should be taking much more of Wilson's minutes than they are currently, but anyone who's closing the door on Sid completely just isn't a smart human being.
So the answer is “he hasn’t.”

Reaction Score
I was wondering that and iirc it’s not out of the question?

I would be shocked if he plays 4 years. He's listed as a redshirt sophomore. My assumption is he plays 2 more years after this one and goes out after leading a very good team in 2020-21.

Reaction Score
1546787145170.png

Reaction Score
AG could become legit. But he doesnt understand time and situations and that's a big concern. Handle isn't what it should be.
Better j than Kemba at this point (if eligibility)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom