Starting Lineup And Rotation Has To Be Shook Up | The Boneyard

Starting Lineup And Rotation Has To Be Shook Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
this is what i want to fly with until atlantis. rest the 3 big guys and make sure they are healty, we are going to need that depth in march. i don't want to see them until the 3rd game in atlantis or earlier if they are 150%. i'm fine flying with 8 for the first couple games, stewart/allen off the pine if needed to mix in. we are thin right now. this is dd's chance to get some.

pg-bazz(30), boat(10)
sg-lamb(30), gif(5), boat(5)
sf-dd(30), gif(10)
pf-scoe(30), to(10)
c-ao(30), to(10)

ad-nose/head...going to need a bit of time
wolf-groin...couple weeks prob, that just doesn't go away quick sometimes
brad-foot? i forget?! anyway i remember seeing december as a target so i expect 2nd semester.

Reaction Score
Still a great lineup for this very weak stretch of our shedule

Reaction Score
What is the starting lineup and roation that "needs to be shook up"???

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
What is the starting lineup and roation that "needs to be shook up"???

we have 5 big guys, 3 of them are hurt. so we have 2 big guys to play. both really are pf's but ao can hold down c like last year. i expect to to play as a backup c until we get another big guy back. now being thin with big guys our pf spot before was going to be big guys, now its going to be wing guys. scoe will play there mostly with some gif/dd as well imo. bazz/boat will see some time together on the court early this year as a result as well.

this was my thoughts without the injuries for the first 12 games of the year....typical JC ten guy rotation spreading positions and time.
pg-bazz(30), boat(10)
sg-lamb(30), gif(5), dd(5)
sf-scoe(25), dd(10), gif(5)
pf-ao(25), scoe(5), to(10), maybe get brad/wolf a minute or 2
c-ad(30), ao(5), brad/wolf(5)

Reaction Score
Eh, AD has a mild concussion. You obviously want take as much precaution as necessary, but I would be SHOCKED if he wasn't playing against Columbia.

Reaction Score
Starting to get worried about AD. Can't even make it through practice to the exhibition games. Maybe he's injury prone? Hope not.

Reaction Score
Starting to get worried about AD. Can't even make it through practice to the exhibition games. Maybe he's injury prone? Hope not.
What was you nick on the other board?

Reaction Score
Was that a sarcastic comment?

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't recall reading about him getting injured except the recent broken nose and mild concussion which would happen to any player when someone's head slams into someone's nose.

We should start our own, Come On, Man! nomination like they do on ESPN. I nominate this post from toke for that award today.

I'm very dissapointed that AD will miss the first exhibition game which I will be attending. I was really looking forward to watching him play. Now I realize that none of us wants him to take the chance of getting concussed again and jeopardize any part of the season, but getting to see the new players is what makes these exhibition games palatable.

Reaction Score
jAcKsOn and then changed to Chip and also Smokefree. Among others.
Is this a guess or a fact? The new site has been very positive and I'm not so sure I'm up for all the crap we had to read leading up to our 11-0 NC run.

All the nut-jobs seemed to scatter once we won the NC. Do we really want them back? They can be entertaining and spark a lot of debate, but those threads tend to clutter and dominate the board. I'm not saying I want a big-time homer board, but this is a FAN site and I tend to like a more pro-UConn culture consisting of well educated hoops fans.

Reaction Score
We should start our own, Come On, Man! nomination like they do on ESPN. I nominate this post from toke for that award today.

Thats awesome. There would be nothing better than a "C'mon Man" button to counter the like button. Toke would have many.

Reaction Score
Quick, email the intial post on this thread to Calhoun so he knows what to do.

Reaction Score
The ignore feature has to be added be soon, season hasn't even started yet and I already can't take anymore of toke.

Reaction Score
From everything I read about in the NFL, there is no such thing as a "mild" concussion. Either you have one or you don't. Nothing to mess with, especially when you are someone that can go number one in the draft. Not that basketball is the forceful contact sport of football, but with all the scrutiny of concussions in hockey/football, you have to wonder if they'll play it careful.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
We haven't even played a game yet and we are talking about changing the starting lineup. How do we know what the starting lineup is if we haven't even....? Nevermind.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
We haven't even played a game yet and we are talking about changing the starting lineup. How do we know what the starting lineup is if we haven't even....? Nevermind.

+1

And AD catches an elbow to the nose .... and so now he is injury prone?

The insanity begins early this season.....

Reaction Score
I'd be shocked if Andre wasn't playing in the opener against Columbia. My minute distribution is as follows:

PG-Shabazz 25 minutes, Boatright 15 minutes
SG-Lamb 35 minutes, Boatright 5 minutes
SF-Roscoe 15 minutes, Deandre 20 minutes, Giffey 5 minutes
PF-Oriakhi 20 minutes, Roscoe 10 minutes, Olander 10 minutes
C-Drummond 30 minutes, Oriakhi 10 minutes

I'm hard pressed not to give Giffey more minutes, but there is just too much talent on this team to not short change somebody. Obviously this will change as the sesaon goes along, as some guys will be better matchups against certain teams.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
HOLY , what a terrible thread this is!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
really? you don't see the point of this chat? our player rotations are only going to be half there so the next couple weeks while we were expecting to gain chemistry and find our 8 man rotation for big time games we instead are just going to be mixing and matching without a real sense of how the ball is going to flow. ao is going to be brand new at the 4 when ad comes back, don't you think that were going to need to work that a bit in game situations before were ready for fsu in atlantis? there are several other examples. this team with the 3 big guys hurt is now going to lack a bit of expierence we were all hoping they were going to get with these early games. i'm not saying its a earth moving problem but it is something worth talking about.

-dd was looking like a 6th man, can he explode on the scene now with more minutes becuase of big guys out?
-we need to see if ao is a 4 or a 5
-shabazz doesn't have kemba next to him, can he get in sync with his wings
-how does ad fit in the post? wolf? brad?
etc things were going to have to wait on for answers until everyone is healthy and playing a couple games together.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I'd be shocked if Andre wasn't playing in the opener against Columbia. My minute distribution is as follows:

PG-Shabazz 25 minutes, Boatright 15 minutes
SG-Lamb 35 minutes, Boatright 5 minutes
SF-Roscoe 15 minutes, Deandre 20 minutes, Giffey 5 minutes
PF-Oriakhi 20 minutes, Roscoe 10 minutes, Olander 10 minutes
C-Drummond 30 minutes, Oriakhi 10 minutes

I'm hard pressed not to give Giffey more minutes, but there is just too much talent on this team to not short change somebody. Obviously this will change as the sesaon goes along, as some guys will be better matchups against certain teams.

dd was a huge game changer. gif as result will hurt from it. dd is taller/longer and probally jump higher. shots just as well if not better and ball handling cant be far behind. i think we will see gif some early but he may be left out of the 8man come time to make noise later in the season. my 8 man for this team has led me to bazz/lamb/scoe/ao/ad with boat/dd/to as the 3 main guys off the bench. then gif/brad/wolf.

Reaction Score
Funny to read how ppl give Niels only 5 min PT for this year…. Let's take a look what happened in the past:

1. Niels played 24 min in the finals… why? Because of his DEFENSE and TEAMPLAY!
2. Who won the 3point contest on the first night? Yes, it was Niels!

I really enjoy the conversation here where everybody is talking about "talent" but you don't win championships just because having 5 players with crazy talent on the floor in the same time. It is the mix of talent, role recognition and game experience what you need. That's why I think Niels will play around 20 min this year.

Reaction Score
Funny to read how ppl give Niels only 5 min PT for this year…. Let's take a look what happened in the past:

I really enjoy the conversation here where everybody is talking about "talent" but you don't win championships just because having 5 players with crazy talent on the floor in the same time. It is the mix of talent, role recognition and game experience what you need. That's why I think Niels will play around 20 min this year.
You might of hit the nail on the head German Husky. Every team needs an Olender & a Giffey.

Reaction Score

It's simply a numbers game. I love Neils and what he brings to the team, but if Deandre is the real deal, he's going to need to get his minutes,as is Scoe. As I said, I think certain matchups will call for Giff to play more and certain matchups will call for Scoe and Deandre to play more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom