Starting Lineup And Rotation Has To Be Shook Up | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Starting Lineup And Rotation Has To Be Shook Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
i think we are going to see some 3 guard lineups with AO + AD as well... shabazz, boat and lamb. here is my ideal breakdown

PG shabazz 30, boat 10
SG lamb 25, boat 10, DD 5
SF roscoe 15, DD 15, lamb 5, giffey 5
PF AO 20, roscoe 10, DD 5
C AD 30, AO 10

totals:

Bazz 30
lamb 30
Scoe 25
AO 30
AD 30
DD 25
Boat 20
giffey 5

obviously olander/bradley wolf will get 5-10 minutes

Reaction Score
Funny to read how ppl give Niels only 5 min PT for this year…. Let's take a look what happened in the past:

1. Niels played 24 min in the finals… why? Because of his DEFENSE and TEAMPLAY!
2. Who won the 3point contest on the first night? Yes, it was Niels!

I really enjoy the conversation here where everybody is talking about "talent" but you don't win championships just because having 5 players with crazy talent on the floor in the same time. It is the mix of talent, role recognition and game experience what you need. That's why I think Niels will play around 20 min this year.

If we want to win it all this year, Giffey has to play.

Yes, he's that important. Notice he played in all the tournament games last year. And notice Uconn didn't lose ANY tournament games last year. He was significant in the Finals. He's got the highest BBall IQ on the team. I haven't figured out yet wither JC appreciates with Giffey brings to the team, but his IQ, his ability to make an offense go, and his defense are extremely valuable.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
If we want to win it all this year, Giffey has to play.

Yes, he's that important. Notice he played in all the tournament games last year. And notice Uconn didn't lose ANY tournament games last year. He was significant in the Finals. He's got the highest BBall IQ on the team. I haven't figured out yet wither JC appreciates with Giffey brings to the team, but his IQ, his ability to make an offense go, and his defense are extremely valuable.
I agree for to the most part. I would be surprised to see Giffey only get 5 minutes. I would think 12 to 14 would be the minimum. Then I think, unless there are better options; and there might be. Nice problem to have.

Reaction Score
Spell our player's names right, it's not hard.
I think some people are using their phones when posting, the tiny keyboard, auto-complete, auto-correct and other various typing challenges would make any spelling bee champion 'normal'. People that post hundreds of times are bound to spell a player's name wrong, its no big deal especially if its one letter off. Doesn't make him/her less of a fan. One day it will be you or me (wouldn't be my first). In all my years on the Yard I have seen no one that was a persistent/lazy/repeat offender.

It happens. Last year it was "Orlander", remember? ;)

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
We definitely need to shake up the lineup, having played 0 minutes of basketball.

Reaction Score
Spell our player's names right, it's not hard.
A simple typo. Gads, some people, here are quite constipated, and/or frustrated spelling teachers.
I've been a UConn fan since the 50's. If I have a typo, tough s4it!!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm not sure why Yonick is getting all this animosity.

In the OP Yonick explains the injuries to the bigs, impacts the lineups and the development of that team with the lineups. All Yonick is stating is that instead of playing Alex primarily at the four, Alex will start the season at the five.

And the rest of the lineup will be impacted accordingly.

I took his use of "SHOOK UP" means the coaches will have to start the season with players in different roles from what they would play if everyone was healthy. I'm not sure why people gravitated to the phraseology "SHOOK UP" was used by Yonick to mean the coaches were dissatisfied with the way the team was playing and they had to shake things up.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure why Yonick is getting all this animosity.

In the OP Yonick explains the injuries to the bigs, impacts the lineups and the development of that team with the lineups. All Yonick is stating is that instead of playing Alex primarily at the four, Alex will start the season at the five.

And the rest of the lineup will be impacted accordingly.

I took his use of "SHOOK UP" means the coaches will have to start the season with players in different roles from what they would play if everyone was healthy. I'm not sure why people gravitated to the phraseology "SHOOK UP" was used by Yonick to mean the coaches were dissatisfied with the way the team was playing and they had to shake things up.
I wasn't the one criticized for the term "shook up". I was the one criticized for spelling TO's name wrong.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I wasn't the one criticized for the term "shook up". I was the one criticized for spelling TO's name wrong.
I know about the specific thing you were criticized. It seem you were being generally criticized as well for what I thought was a decent topic. If I'm wrong I wasted some people's time in having them read something unnecessary.

Reaction Score
Nope, you're right fleud. I think people are criticizing the general topic because they don't understand why there is a need to "shake things up", when really, we're just talking about injuries.

Reaction Score
So let 'em recuperate, and play the JVs or something. Who cares in the grand scheeme of things for the year???

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Nope, you're right fleud. I think people are criticizing the general topic because they don't understand why there is a need to "shake things up", when really, we're just talking about injuries.
Except neither of us realized that huskyfandan posted the op and not Yonick.:)

Reaction Score
Starting to get worried about AD. Can't even make it through practice to the exhibition games. Maybe he's injury prone? Hope not.

Your avatar is pretty ironic then

Reaction Score
Toke is sounding more trollish with every post. The AD comment is moronic.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Starting to get worried about AD. Can't even make it through practice to the exhibition games. Maybe he's injury prone? Hope not.
Toke more, post less.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
The title is misleading or at least ambiguous for what was meant. I think the OP meant to say 'The lineup will need to be shook up from what it should be.' not that there is something wrong and the lineup has to be shook up to make things right.

Just my opinion - it took a few reads to get it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom