Starting 5 in November 2012? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Starting 5 in November 2012?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Sorry Breanna - and doggydaddy too. As you might have detected, I was a little annoyed over some of the posts and just got typing too fast. I'll even learn how to correct a post. Thanks dd for pointing it out.
No problem. I feel your pain. People that want to start a freshman over a 2 year starter just don't get Geno. It's not happening.

Take a few deep breaths. You will post better!

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
Sorry Breanna - and doggydaddy too. As you might have detected, I was a little annoyed over some of the posts and just got typing too fast. I'll even learn how to correct a post. Thanks dd for pointing it out.

If you're going to post on a public board like this one, you're going to see things you don't like or don't agree with. But remember that there are lots of people posting with lots of different ideas of what's important. There's only so much that can be said about the current team and its current record. People who have been on this board for a long time (many have been here a lot longer than I have, so I'm still looking at it from a somewhat new member's perspective) have posted on a wide range of subjects, including future Husky prospects. I think it's pretty natural to be interested in the girls who may be coming to UConn in the future. I know I enjoy reading about the prospects and the potential for UConn teams of the future. So, sit back and relax, and don't get too annoyed. It ruins the fun.

Reaction Score
Renee started out as a freshman because we never really had a starting PG the year before. It rotated between Nicole, Mel, Ketia, and Ashley Valley. She also walked into Uconn like she owned the place. Moriah won't come into the same situation.
Why won't Moriah come into the same situation? Hartley is not at her best for the team at point guard. Doty so far is playing average at best. Seems like the same situation. Point guards who have been mediocre to good but not outstanding with no upside to be very good to excellent. Moriah seems to have a healthy ego. She may walk in not unlike Renee, owning the place. It solely depends on her attitude, skills, and ability to execute at a very high level in practice. If she shows strong leadership then she will have a real shot at being the point guard. Doty is essentially relearning the point position this year after an extended layoff. Her three knee surgeries have noticeably slow her down and limited her atheticism. Leadership is more than yelling at someone which is large part of Doty leadership style. Even Geno commented as such. Seems like 2005-06 redux.

Reaction Score
Get used to it! Let your hair down and relax and have fun. This is all speculation and speculation is wild stuff. None of us are prophets so none of us know what will happen. It is fun to "dialog" in this manner.

Reaction Score
Why won't Moriah come into the same situation? Hartley is not at her best for the team at point guard. Doty so far is playing average at best. Seems like the same situation. Point guards who have been mediocre to good but not outstanding with no upside to be very good to excellent. Moriah seems to have a healthy ego. She may walk in not unlike Renee, owning the place. It solely depends on her attitude, skills, and ability to execute at a very high level in practice. If she shows strong leadership then she will have a real shot at being the point guard. Doty is essentially relearning the point position this year after an extended layoff. Her three knee surgeries have noticeably slow her down and limited her atheticism. Leadership is more than yelling at someone which is large part of Doty leadership style. Even Geno commented as such. Seems like 2005-06 redux.

Because Doty will be a senior, and Hartley..who played PG last season, and is essentially playing it again this season, will be a junior..and probably on her way to being an All American.This isn't close to the same situation.

Moriah, (assuming everyone stays healthy) will have the luxury of learning from the bench. Just like Kaleena will this season, and like Maya did (Until Kalana got hurt) and Diana did (Until Shea got hurt) Geno does not start Freshman unless he HAS to. He doesn't have to start Moriah, he's got a senior and a future All American playing her position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom