Star Wars Episode 8: The Last Jedi | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Star Wars Episode 8: The Last Jedi

Reaction Score
Just want to add some release dates for future movies:
Han Solo movie: May 25, 2018
Episode 9: May 24, 2019

My hopes for this Han Solo movie are dim based on the reports about it. Maybe Ron Howard will get it on track, but who knows.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
My hopes for this Han Solo movie are dim based on the reports about it. Maybe Ron Howard will get it on track, but who knows.

What are those reports? I was pumped for this, but I've heard nothing so far. I tend to not get too much into it, until it's about to drop.

Reaction Score
What are those reports? I was pumped for this, but I've heard nothing so far. I tend to not get too much into it, until it's about to drop.
The directors were fired weeks into shooting

Reaction Score
Maybe that's a good thing? idk could be interpreted either way, no?

It's a good thing in that it hopefully does away with the slapstick comedy approach that those guys were taking with the project. That was what was reported anyway. I still don't have much hope for it though, but we will see. I am sure they will get my money anyway.

Reaction Score
It's a good thing in that it hopefully does away with the slapstick comedy approach that those guys were taking with the project. That was what was reported anyway. I still don't have much hope for it though, but we will see. I am sure they will get my money anyway.

Did anyone actually want this movie? That's what I don't understand.

Reaction Score

Didn't the same thing basically happen with Rogue One? Maybe not a director change, but lots and lots of reshoots? It could still be a quality movie.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Didn't the same thing basically happen with Rogue One? Maybe not a director change, but lots and lots of reshoots? It could still be a quality movie.
Yep, I believe it was originally "too dark" for Disney's taste. There were also reports that Jyn Erso was originally less rah rah and more rebellious.

huskypantz

Reaction Score
Did anyone actually want this movie? That's what I don't understand.
If they're going to make Han Solo a slapstick comedy then I'd be pissed. I want a movie that acts like a Star Wars movie.

The problem with the Han Solo character is that it's such a great character because of Harrison Ford. Hopefully they cast the right guy in the role.

huskypantz

Reaction Score
Newest rumor - trailer #2 will air on Oct 9 during MNF.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
They'll get viewers, but making people sit through the Vikings vs. Bears seems cruel.
I believe they did the same thing with Force Awakens. It was during half time IIRC

intlzncster

Reaction Score
6lzsdlmmawqz-691x1024.jpg

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Somebody's switching sides in Ep. VIII instead of waiting until IX. Could be Rey, could be Kylo, could be Luke or any combination thereof.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
For what it is worth, the big head in the background is typically reserved for the villain.
warsmay09.jpg

I was going to say "yeah right, Luke is the bad guy". Then I checked all the posters. Vader in back for 4, 5, 6, then either Darth Maul or the Emperor in 1, 2, 3 and Kylo Ren in 7. I wonder if they even thought about it or are just messing with us. Luke is clearly the big deal in this one.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
I was going to say "yeah right, Luke is the bad guy". Then I checked all the posters. Vader in back for 4, 5, 6, then either Darth Maul or the Emperor in 1, 2, 3 and Kylo Ren in 7. I wonder if they even thought about it or are just messing with us. Luke is clearly the big deal in this one.

Luke = Snoke confirmed

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
And here I was thinking, reviving my original thoughts, that Kylo and Rey are siblings. Maybe it's the novels side of me that still envisions Han and leia having twins and maybe Disney isn't getting rid of that storyline entirely.

The trailer did make it seem like their raw force presence was identical.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
If Luke goes bad, I'm gonna LOVE this. I can see him wanting to Kill Ren and Kylo for fear of their potential power, effectively wiping out the Jedi. A misguided attempt to eliminate the most powerful (and therefore dangerous) elements of the Force. Seduced by the Darkside in his righteousness.

huskypantz

Reaction Score
That was fun to watch but the next 2 months are going to be painfully slow. I hope there are some major surprises on the way. Driver is great in his role - imagine if Hayden Christensen actually knew how to act. Jar Jar or not, he would have elevated the prequels. I think they have enough acting talent to hit home runs for episode 8 and 9, here's hoping.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom